hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yep each one was god tier excellence...:mjcry:

This is the GOAT video game trailer, hands down.

Having said that, I'm trying to be positive but Bioware needs to cut the bullshyt out. The game comes out in 3 months and we don't even have 10 minutes of game play. Maybe 10 minutes total if you cut together every video....but not 10 consecutive minutes. They hyped the fukk out of that CES Invidia footage and it was under 2 minutes total, and edited all to hell.

I don't expect GOAT level promos but god damn man. I don't recall the last time a high profile title was this close to release with virtually no info on how it actually plays. Not trying to compare the two but we knew more about "The Witcher 3" 2+ years before it came out than we do "Andromeda" 3 months from release.

Fred.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
This is the GOAT video game trailer, hands down.

Having said that, I'm trying to be positive but Bioware needs to cut the bullshyt out. The game comes out in 3 months and we don't even have 10 minutes of game play. Maybe 10 minutes total if you cut together every video....but not 10 consecutive minutes. They hyped the fukk out of that CES Invidia footage and it was under 2 minutes total, and edited all to hell.

I don't expect GOAT level promos but god damn man. I don't recall the last time a high profile title was this close to release with virtually no info on how it actually plays. Not trying to compare the two but we knew more about "The Witcher 3" 2+ years before it came out than we do "Andromeda" 3 months from release.

Fred.
I agree bioware effing up we got longer looks are every q1 game if not playable demos! Redunkulous

• Dap
Reactions: hex

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

Looking good :ehh:

hopefully theres a FOV slider cause its hard to see shyt

Wait is this going to some straight third person shooter shyt? Ah man hell no. Paassss
They really gonna turn the mass effect series to another shooter. :dead:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Is there a fukking trailer? What is the story about??

@hex I know you hype but ME1>ME2

There is several trailers but like I was just complaining, they don't really show shyt. It's :gucci: as hell this close to the game coming out.

As far as the story, between "Mass Effect" 1 and 2 a group of scientists, etc. came up with the idea to explore other galaxies and find a new Earth basically. They sent a ship full of people to Andromeda, which took 600 years to get to. So this game takes place 600 years after the first 3 games.

That's really all the info we have so far. Which like I said, ain't much.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You guys should peep this video, he pauses that CES video and breaks down what is shown. I think the reason people were confused about the job classes is they showed them to the left, but like he explains when you put points into specific powers (for example, Charge) it adds a Rank to the job that would normally use that power (in this case, Vanguard).

You don't have to use that Profile (which is the new word for job) but using Profiles that match their respective powers gives you bonuses. So you could make a Vanguard and play it like you did before but you could also technically have a Vanguard with Tactical Cloak, or a Soldier with Charge.

Fred.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
There is several trailers but like I was just complaining, they don't really show shyt. It's :gucci: as hell this close to the game coming out.

As far as the story, between "Mass Effect" 1 and 2 a group of scientists, etc. came up with the idea to explore other galaxies and find a new Earth basically. They sent a ship full of people to Andromeda, which took 600 years to get to. So this game takes place 600 years after the first 3 games.

That's really all the info we have so far. Which like I said, ain't much.

Fred.

So you don't know if this is a full ME RPG/story/decision making game, or is it just some third person shooter using the ME system? Even though I love ME's combat system, I really don't care about the latter.

edit:didnt see the video you posted. i'll watch in a bit.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So you don't know if this is a full ME RPG/story/decision making game, or is it just some third person shooter using the ME system? Even though I love ME's combat system, I really don't care about the latter.

edit:didnt see the video you posted. i'll watch in a bit.

It is more or less the same as before. They showed the same dialogue wheel and the Interrupt option during a conversation. Peep this one, it shows more of the conversations and exploration:

Fred.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:dahell: When they gon' show us combat with squad mates and not this run and gun-dont-use-no-cover-stuff?
They've only shown (or talked about) two squadmates altogether I think. Only really focused on a few planets as well.

I can't tell if this is Bioware trying to keep as much as possible under wraps or if EA just doesn't know how to market this shyt :patrice:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
They've only shown (or talked about) two squadmates altogether I think. Only really focused on a few planets as well.

I can't tell if this is Bioware trying to keep as much as possible under wraps or if EA just doesn't know how to market this shyt :patrice:
Then show us Pheebe in a fight and whoever is the other

The absolute wackest experience I had was playing Mass Effect is that Arrival DLC and having to fight solo

Look at this nonsense

Bruh, I was on Insanity and had to take a hour to get through this mess

I would love to get a look at the combo moves

Pull and Throw :jbtable:

Freeze Bullets, then hittin' em up with a Shockwave :youngsabo:

Being underfire and health being at red and gettin Garrus to blast a Concussive SHot to save you :mjriiite:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I mean... we knew the entire cast of Mass Effect 2 before the game dropped. We knew Mass Effect 3 was supposed to be non-stop climax like Halo 3.

We didn't know shyt about Andromeda other than we're going 'splorin basically :manny: if I wasn't a ME diehard, I'd be shook and on the fence. But I've trusted Bioware since Jade Empire and they've never let me down (I even found a way to enjoy Dragon Age 2 since I didn't play it at release).

I really don't think I can tell people to get their wallets out on this one in good faith. I know that the stuff *I* liked is guaranteed to be there. But some of the Mass Effect raw data over the course of the series is just weird. I remember in ME2 they had a stat that said that more people played soldier than all of the other classes -combined- :picard: that shyt just shows how Bioware has had to balance this stuff over the years