Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
@Concerning VIolence

First, chill, we both like the game. I'm just disappointed.

Second, I was asked on a comparison on two games and just said one doesn't match up in terms of RPG elements--it still is.

Third, :mjlol: There's two big Mass Effect trilogy threads I'm all over, so don't even challenge my knowledge on the lore.

You're consantly contradictin yourself. First you say MEA doesn't have any siginifciant RPG elements, then you compare it to ME 2, which had the least amount of RPG in the entire series... then you say MEA had too much...

You'd lose on a quiz about ME lore.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You didn't provide any arguments, breh. Just saying it's trash doesn't convince anyone.

The milky way species interacted with one another because of the Citadel Council and an established prehistory. There's no galactic council sofar presented to us in the Andromeda galaxy.
And you saying the lore is good and in the codex isn't saying anything either :patrice: if it was so good then you'd have people doing the same back and forth that they did in ME:1 arguing about who was wrong in the Turian War, talking about how Kaidan is actually a damned good character, and looking for more hints into the motives of the various elements in the universe. Instead, there's none of that. Nobody gives a fukk about the Angarans, the Kett, or the Remnant.

This thread is 70 something pages long and you won't find a single fukk given :mjlol: its just shyt writing. Its all there in the datapads. We all read it. We read the fukk out of it because we hoped to stumble across something of value in there like there was in the past games. Its all butt. And it pours into the cast as well.

Cora has to compete with REAL Asari from the previous games, so her poorly written Asari fangirlism just stands out even more. Samara would be disgusted.
Liam is a running joke. No need to say more.
Jaal is bad simply because the Angara are bad. He's a shallow representation/ambassador for a shallow race. Lets put native americans in space :banderas: like that's never been done before. Its kinda funny to me how bland they are. Even their actual models seem unfinished and clunky. Amateurish is the only way to describe it compared against the rest of the races in ME.
Old Wrex could be a decent character but its obvious they were terrified of making him too much like original Wrex. Its pathetic. They knew how close they were to the line so instead of rethinking their outline for him they just colored inside the lanes and added a completely generic, fully voiced, stereotypical old Krogan.
--Peebee actually would've been a great character if the Remnant weren't an absolute bore. Her character depends entirely on them. How is someone so unique, scatterbrained, anti-social, and determined attracted to something as uniformly dry as the Remant? Yes, we all know what the Remnant should be - but again, back to shyt writing 101, the writers TELL you the Remnant are so mysterious and unaccessible. That their technology is so rare and powerful..... and they back that up by ramming the idea of the player's supercomputer can immediately decipher and process everything about them. The Remnant's technology is a commodity and its.... fukking everywhere lol. Its mysterious but you literally can't avoid running into it everywhere you go.--

In contrast, Cerberus was more mysterious in ME2. And they brought you back to life and you WORKED for them. That's how poorly laid out the Remnant are.

Vetra is probably the best character on the ship - so its even further confusing that if they're gonna put her together so well, then why they couldn't actually make her design better? Or any female turian for that matter?

Fact remains that Andromeda's 'lore' can't stand on its own at all. A good deal of the plot push comes from pre-existing universe... and I think everyone was okay with that given how good it was, but its beyond that. Its a crutch.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
You're consantly contradictin yourself. First you say MEA doesn't have any siginifciant RPG elements, then you compare it to ME 2, which had the least amount of RPG in the entire series... then you say MEA had too much...

You'd lose on a quiz about ME lore.
Stop being so damn hostile.

Never said it had too much. ME2 has better "role-playing" than MEA.

Second :childplease: Try me. You better ask around this muh. Maybe @hex and @42 Monks are bigger ME heads, but, that's it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Mass Effect and I have a love/hate relationship :francis:

I'm not even all that mad at ME:A, I just wish it would've come out at a better time. Can't even get into it like I want to because of all the other piff this year.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I just got to Meridian.

Completed every loyalty and side quest up to that point (I been a little more methodical in my approach to doing shyt) and explored every galaxy up to that point.

I'm probably gonna finish this shyt up soon.

Still havent smashed Cora yet... but did casually knock down Peebee for a minute.

Martha

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
And she got the nerve to make a home outta the escape pod room

Don't even ask her how :mjriiite:
True well-traveled space thot. She know the deal

I bet the homie Garrus knocked it down too

"Are we together? :wub: "
"We're 'together'
N75Hie0.gif
right now ain't we?"

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
And you saying the lore is good and in the codex isn't saying anything either :patrice: if it was so good then you'd have people doing the same back and forth that they did in ME:1 arguing about who was wrong in the Turian War, talking about how Kaidan is actually a damned good character, and looking for more hints into the motives of the various elements in the universe. Instead, there's none of that. Nobody gives a fukk about the Angarans, the Kett, or the Remnant.

This thread is 70 something pages long and you won't find a single fukk given :mjlol: its just shyt writing. Its all there in the datapads. We all read it. We read the fukk out of it because we hoped to stumble across something of value in there like there was in the past games. Its all butt. And it pours into the cast as well.

Cora has to compete with REAL Asari from the previous games, so her poorly written Asari fangirlism just stands out even more. Samara would be disgusted.
Liam is a running joke. No need to say more.
Jaal is bad simply because the Angara are bad. He's a shallow representation/ambassador for a shallow race. Lets put native americans in space :banderas: like that's never been done before. Its kinda funny to me how bland they are. Even their actual models seem unfinished and clunky. Amateurish is the only way to describe it compared against the rest of the races in ME.
Old Wrex could be a decent character but its obvious they were terrified of making him too much like original Wrex. Its pathetic. They knew how close they were to the line so instead of rethinking their outline for him they just colored inside the lanes and added a completely generic, fully voiced, stereotypical old Krogan.
--Peebee actually would've been a great character if the Remnant weren't an absolute bore. Her character depends entirely on them. How is someone so unique, scatterbrained, anti-social, and determined attracted to something as uniformly dry as the Remant? Yes, we all know what the Remnant should be - but again, back to shyt writing 101, the writers TELL you the Remnant are so mysterious and unaccessible. That their technology is so rare and powerful..... and they back that up by ramming the idea of the player's supercomputer can immediately decipher and process everything about them. The Remnant's technology is a commodity and its.... fukking everywhere lol. Its mysterious but you literally can't avoid running into it everywhere you go.--

In contrast, Cerberus was more mysterious in ME2. And they brought you back to life and you WORKED for them. That's how poorly laid out the Remnant are.

Vetra is probably the best character on the ship - so its even further confusing that if they're gonna put her together so well, then why they couldn't actually make her design better? Or any female turian for that matter?

Fact remains that Andromeda's 'lore' can't stand on its own at all. A good deal of the plot push comes from pre-existing universe... and I think everyone was okay with that given how good it was, but its beyond that. Its a crutch.

The Remnant are a plot device, the same way mass relatys were in the OT.

And there are mysterious and intriguning Andromeda lore, such as
The Angara being a test rube race that were created by a sentient speices. known as the Jardaan, that also created the remant technology themsleves... And the mysterious Kett empire that run the rest of the galaxy... The Scourge being a weapon that was detonated against the Jardaan
These are all signifcant lore points.

Vetra is boring. Literally her entire character is "i care about my sister". You find that interesting?

The Angaras are more like Africans. They even have African voice actors. An alien "race" coming over to
"exalt"
your people doesn't sound familiar to you? :mjpls:

I doubt dudes on here would be talking on here about lore heavy if ME1 just came out today. Andromeda just came out. Also it involves a lot of spoilers to talk about the lore.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
A progenitor species been done before a thousand times :russell: pretty sure we had one such on the last ship as well. Why they thought they could rehash that and attempt to have the same impact in ME:A under such poor execution top to bottom, I have no idea... I'm not going to talk myself or anyone else into trying to care about the Angarans though.

As for Vetra - She's simple. Simple but complete and low key done better than a majority of the cast of all the games. Not everyone needs some epic background, ties to a shadowy figure, hidden agendas, unorthodox goals, and questionable ethics. A lot of writers LOVE to think otherwise though. Mass Effect loved doing the loners on a mission thing.

For Vetra, she actually hits the family note better than.... prettttttttttttttty much everyone else in the series. Ashley was unique in that for a while but they wanted her to be too many things. Samara had a whole guilt thing going which blended with a lot of other things (I'm bias here, I just liked Morinthe better). But Vetra

:myman:

She moving work to put food on the table after her Dad ran upstate :pachaha: turned the spaceport into a traphouse :blessed: Then her kid sister wants to sling spacerocks too just like her :banderas:

Vetra is a complete character. Just wish they'd fukking put some non-suited up Turians in the game already

That might be bit too African for some of us though :mjpls: I can see how people missed it

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I was caught off guard by the nudity when you choose to have sex with Cora instead of cuddling for the night. That scene was a lot more intense than I thought it would be. Don't think the romances in the other games compare.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Love how this fukking game literally spawns glitched invisible enemies while I'm the last boss on Eos Kett station. fukk this glitchy game