winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
BioWare firing everyone and putting Mass Effect on hiatus :mjlol:

http://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-montreal-downsized-mass-effect-put-on-1795100285

Next BioWare game won't come out until 2018+
I'm not surprised. This didn't even come close to living up to the public's expectations. In the beginning it was getting clowned. I've since moved on and I only played about 2/3rds of the game and I'm not even sure if I'll return to it now that a sequel is either not happening or so far off it doesn't matter.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Sources: BioWare Montreal Scaled Down, Mass Effect Put On Ice For Now

Jason Schreier

Today 3:37pm
Filed to: MASS EFFECT
r8fsudpv8usyh4hlqgh5.jpg

In the wake of BioWare’s polarizing Mass Effect: Andromeda, fans have wondered where the lauded sci-fi series will go next. The answer, according to people familiar with the studio, is nowhere—at least for the time being. BioWare has put Mass Effect on hiatus and turned Andromeda’s developer, BioWare Montreal, into a support studio, according to four sources close to the company.

That doesn’t mean there will never be another Mass Effect game, of course. It’s unlikely that BioWare will kill the popular sci-fi franchise. But BioWare is letting Mass Effect sit for a while rather than putting staff on Andromeda’s follow-up right away, those sources said.

Last month, a number of BioWare Montreal employees were transferred to the studio EA Motive, also based in Montreal, to work on Star Wars Battlefront II.Those remaining at BioWare Montreal will help support BioWare’s other games including the new intellectual property, code-named Dylan, which we expect the company to announce at E3. BioWare Montreal will also continue to patch and support Andromeda’s multiplayer.

BioWare’s main studio in Edmonton is heading up Dylan, while BioWare’s other studio, in Austin, is also helping out with that game.

When reached for comment, publisher Electronic Arts sent over the following statement, attributed to BioWare Montreal studio director Yanick Roy:

Our teams at BioWare and across EA put in tremendous effort bringing Mass Effect Andromeda to players around the world. Even as BioWare continues to focus on the Mass Effect Andromeda community and live service, we are constantly looking at how we’re prepared for the next experiences we will create.

The teams in EA Worldwide Studios are packed with talent, and more than ever, we are driving collaboration between studios on key projects.

With our BioWare and Motive teams sharing studio space in Montreal, we have BioWare team members joining Motive projects that are underway. We’re also ramping up teams on other BioWare projects in development.

There will be much more to come from BioWare in the years ahead.

Mass Effect: Andromeda, released in March, was originally envisioned as a reboot for the franchise but went through a brutal development process for several reasons including technological challenges and a major scope change late in development, people familiar with the game said.

Reception to Andromeda was lukewarm, and people scoffed at its writing and animation. (Our review called it flawed and uneven.)

Andromeda was also the first game headed up by BioWare Montreal, which was founded in 2009 to help make downloadable content for Mass Effect 2 and 3. Although BioWare’s other two studios, Austin and Edmonton, also contributed to Andromeda, the game’s director, franchise producer, and leads were all based in Montreal. BioWare Edmonton had developed the first three Mass Effectgames.

Now, sources say, BioWare Montreal is significantly smaller than it was just a few months ago. Those who didn’t go to Motive will help out with BioWare’s other projects rather than incubating and developing their own.

Earlier this week on an earnings call, Electronic Arts CEO Andrew Wilson told investors that the publisher is “very happy with how BioWare is doing, how BioWare is treating Mass Effect. And our expectations for Mass Effect are still strong for the future and the franchise overall.” Wilson also put a great deal of emphasis on “live service” games, of which BioWare’s new IP is one. That’s the studio’s main focus for the time being.

---------------------------

Hopefully they take their time with the next chapter of the series.
Damn... It probably explain the lack of DLC season pass or any announced DLC content. EA knew this game was hot :trash:before release. They refused to delay the game to simply fix some bug, facial animation, and improve the dialogue/ voice acting. That is all that is holding the game back. A 6 month delay would of probably solved that. Now, the franchise is basically dead and EA just pulled the plug. :snoop: Some bullshyt.

Alfred0Santana

I used to drop Lewinsky off at the White House.
Daps
Finally beat this shyt. Story got more clear and interesting towards the end (Once the Ryder Family Secrets wrapped up) like I said but I was just trying to get this game beat. Finished 88% done on like 60 or 70 something hours. Still got a few Heleus and side tasks to do. Ending was cool but wasn't as satisfying as ME1-3. The last battle lacked that epic Mass Effect feeling...just felt like I was killing a swarm of enemies.

Last edited:

Alfred0Santana

Daps
does she really not put out?...i'm asking cause when i got on the ship, i hit on her, and she told me she just wanted to keep it professional...but as i've been doing more, she's been talking/emailing me more, so i figure i just had to give her time...but if the option to hit it doesnt come up again, i'm be pissed....

I wanted her :mjcry:

Alfred0Santana

Daps
So I was up to the last mission. Final Mission was underwhelming. Final battle was................minor spoiler about enemy type
re used assets, bunch of regular bots, architect....4 waves. sigh....
bigger spoiler about the final battle
you never fight Archon, he dies cause you pressed a button on 4 different consoles while you fought re used enemies....in waves:francis:

Finish of the game was BAD. Story conclusion was weak.

Still a good game. But holy shyt no way anybody likes the final 2 missions. Either the shyt was rushed for release, maybe they focused too much on side content, or they are retarded.

Exactly what I was saying.

We can't even get the satisfaction of fighting The Archon after chasing this mufukka through all these planets and he put hands on my sister :stopitslime:
Going back reading through this thread since I just beat this and I was trying to avoid spoilers so I might dap and quote some of y'all old posts :russ:

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
This game does have some bugs to fix. And it had its downs, but I thoroughly enjoy the game. I don't regret getting it day 1. I love the franchise.

Chef

All Star
Daps
This is the reason why I stopped buying games at full price. I had to force myself to finish this, it ain't a bad game but damn this thing needed more time in the oven. This shyt getting traded into GameStop tomorrow for store credit. :francis:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Knowing there are no plans for a sequel really kills the excitement to finish this game. They shouldn't have realized this if they didn't have plans on doing another trilogy. They basically are saying this was a cash grab and now that they met their financial expectations are going to officially kill the series off. Ea has fallen off. I may never buy another game from them

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Finished this game, solid enough but the mutiplayer is :banderas:, all I wanted from the main game. Shoot some shyt with these fun mechanics, its the Star Wars/Superhero game we've never had

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Knowing there are no plans for a sequel really kills the excitement to finish this game. They shouldn't have realized this if they didn't have plans on doing another trilogy. They basically are saying this was a cash grab and now that they met their financial expectations are going to officially kill the series off. Ea has fallen off. I may never buy another game from them

People been saying this for at least 15 years. :russ:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That news sucks. I haven't purchased a UbiSoft title in years because of how bad the games are at launch.

Anyway, I waited too long to do PeeBee loyalty mission and didn't get the romance option in the zero gravity chamber.