DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Play the fallout of the Reaper War

You more or less are doing that in andromeda

at the end of the Ryder's family secrets quest, it's heavily implied that the Milky Way was destroyed and that the human race was really only preserved by the andromeda initiative alone. There's also a lot of conspiracy behind the initiative as well so who knows how that'll play out

I guess we can agree to disagree but all in all I think moving to another galaxy has more potential story options than just continuing the Shepard saga. Plus after that ending debacle I'm sure the developers just wanted to stay as far away from that storyline as possible with the next games & start fresh lol.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Story was over. Let it go

Spin the shyt off into a new direction or you end up with shyt like Halo 4 and 5 :francis:

@DaSk8D00D

Everything about Andromeda is cool outside of the story and how unnecessary the open world seems.

I get it; you want to keep things fresh, but, they legit just remade the trilogy and called stuff we already heard about just new names.

Makes me wish they just stayed in the Milky Way.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I'd want an ME4 set right after they pick Shepard's body up out of the wreckage of the Citadel. Do a little prologue of a kid Ryder, and then fast forward to basic training...then fast forward to the aftermath of some big mission Ryder is the hero of.

I'd want it to start off like Fallout 3 did.

I legitimately think it's too much to keep pushing Shepard's story more and asking too much. They should've just said eff it and picked the Red ending as the cannon ending (never saw the appeal of Control or Synthesis) and made the game from their. I'd still include the surviving characters in different parts of the game.

It's so crazy how much the Milky Way would have changed for the better or worse.

Because Cerberus still has outcasts. All those gangs still around. I'd imagine the Batarians left would look at this as a opportunity to wreck hell.

Actually, you could have the same explorer element of Andromeda and just be Ryder repairing the post Reaper world.
My earlier post

@DaSk8D00D

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I want Mass Effect 4 in the Milky Way

But, these goofy dudes leave so many stories and "mysteries" that there's no way that will happen now.

To be honest I think Andromeda 2 will have a lot of call backs and connection to the Milky Way. I get what you are saying though but it's never going to happen :manny:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
You more or less are doing that in andromeda

at the end of the Ryder's family secrets quest, it's heavily implied that the Milky Way was destroyed and that the human race was really only preserved by the andromeda initiative alone. There's also a lot of conspiracy behind the initiative as well so who knows how that'll play out

I guess we can agree to disagree but all in all I think moving to another galaxy has more potential story options than just continuing the Shepard saga. Plus after that ending debacle I'm sure the developers just wanted to stay as far away from that storyline as possible with the next games & start fresh lol.

I don't think it's heavily implied that
the Milky Way was destroyed. You gotta remember that by the point all those messages were made and sent to Ryder Sr. the hope of survival was pretty much zero. They mention they were building a weapon but very few actually believed it was going to work. Shepard da gawd giving the Reapers that work wasn't expected.

The Andromeda Initiative was rushed because no one thought there was a chance. But we prove everyone wrong at the end of ME. It would make no sense for the Milky Way to be destroyed unless there was ANOTHER galactic threat that gave us that work.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'd rather wonder what if then wonder why the hell they wouldn't move on.

If they want to turn Mass Effect into the next Fallout using a formula that's basically inexhaustible, then go get that money - but some stories just gotta end. Its the writers' fault that ME3 had such a bad conclusion (production/EA had a huge part of that blame as well.... they dead space 3'd the fukk out of it) but the brand is clearly very much intact.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Just finished Ryder Family Secrets.

:snoop: Maybe I'm complaining too much, why was this just a side mission?

I only did it because ya'll keep talking about it mentions the Milky Way. I didn't feel like checking for a bunch of lights in every planet.

But, yea, it's enlightening. Doesn't necessarily imply the galaxy die or the Reapers won. Even the best ending had the galaxy with deep damage.

Iamnoone

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
More Milky Way stuff was proolbably never gonna happen after 3. The scale & magnitude of that game was huge, you really can't top beating reapers after united an entire galaxy together while resolving multiple centuries old racial conflicts between species. They had to move the series to another galaxy I mean how do you top that and carry on with the story?

Honestly, while andromeda does fall short in a few areas, if they fix their mistakes and iron out the bugs, andromeda 2 could be the best one yet. Maybe get a couple stronger writers for the main story (side quests & dialogue writing was pretty solid imo, main story was just decent, but not bad), give us more squad control in combat, & add a few more new species to flesh out the universe and you got yourself a GotY contender.

The jump jets are probably one of the most underrated additions to the series imo. I couldn't stand that "glued to the floor" feeling from all the other games so the jump jet platforming and the nomad really open the game up in terms of overall mobility & exploration. They fukked up by taking out squad power control in combat but other than that I think combat/gameplay is by far the best in the series.

HOWEVER they do need to add more variety of enemies. I can't stand those primus/cardinal enemies with the spinning orb. They're not even hard for me at this point even on insanity they're just annoying bullet sponges. They should take notes from games like destiny with a wide variety of enemies and different mechanics for various boss battles.

There's so many open ended quests & storylines tho so I am excited to see how certain things pan out in the next game. I know we're gonna still be fighting kett but hopefully we get a few more species & space politics to give a little more depth to the galaxy. They only had us in one cluster of andromeda tho so there's plenty of room for them to develop some more alien species over the next games

I just would love story CO-OP like Borderlands or Gears of War. Its stupid at this point not to allow that kind of CO-OP. I love the jump jets as well.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Im still trying to figure out how they are moving around from system to system without relays out there!!!

:mjlol:

I don't think they can. They'd all most likely run out of fuel and die trying to get back to their respective galaxies.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone in these organizations actually reads what these writers come up with or they just accept whatever they come up with sight unseen. They should have just given us an ending that made sense.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Im still trying to figure out how they are moving around from system to system without relays out there!!!

i just realized this :mjlol:

I don't think they can. They'd all most likely run out of fuel and die trying to get back to their respective galaxies.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone in these organizations actually reads what these writers come up with or they just accept whatever they come up with sight unseen. They should have just given us an ending that made sense.

:mjpls: @42 Monks

I'm checking this dude's Fallout 4 Lore videos and realizing how underwhelming this game is.

All they did was give us Gears of Wars and threw in Mass Effect Lore--so the real work was already done.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:mjpls: @42 Monks

I'm checking this dude's Fallout 4 Lore videos and realizing how underwhelming this game is.

All they did was give us Gears of Wars and threw in Mass Effect Lore--so the real work was already done.

I actually did do some checking myself and the reason that ME:A doesn't have that whole mass effect thing going is because Andromeda's Heleus Cluster is fukking packed compared to the clusters in all of the other games. Where you'd see 2 or 3 systems, ME:A gives you like.... well, all of them.

Fallout Lore is kinda dope, but its still had most of its work done for it back in Fallout 1/2 days - that was the firm foundation and everything since then has just piggybacked off of what was laid out a decade ago. Not hating really. Many IPs would've ruined itself by now. Its not easy to keep that kind of train going (ask the Fable guys).

I still love Fallout btw. I just don't love what Bethesda does with anything - and it was cute at first, but I don't like them running Fallout. Bethesda in safe mode is insultingly bland. They'll take a few risks with Elder Scrolls because that's their baby. With Fallout, they're so shook to ruin their new cash cow that they'll gut one of the best storytelling games out there to keep the gamer from potentially ruining the experience for himself.

As for Andromeda and Mass Effect... I may get around to writing up a bigger review or something one day, but this game big af :dame: and surprisingly I got a lot of work these days.

My biggest gripe, is that for a developer so in love with the Dragon Age formula - the one time they DON'T use it is here. With all these arcs and races and pathfinders, they're really trying to say we gotta be human?

And we show up to a station that recently had a terrible mutiny and we don't get to see it?

And somehow the humans are the lamest people in the party too?

And this SAM weirdo is omnipotent as fukk basically removing a massive portion of the decision making, risk assessment, success likelihood and judgment from the player?

:gucci: who are these people? :mjlol: I can't believe this is the same bioware when it comes to some of this shyt

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
@42 Monks

Yea breh

Im just coming to terms of what it could've been. I had all the time this weekend and just wanted to finish the Ryder fam quest and never want to play again.

Why can't we actually play as our sibling again? Smh

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey

The relays were only destroyed in the red ending. The control and syn endings used the relays to spread the code/Shepard virus. It's one of the reasons why the red ending is the worst.

Although it makes for interesting stories. Humans stranded in Batarian space. The geth/quarians having the best remaining naval fleets. The krogan, genophage free, running train on what ever section of the Galaxy they're land locked in with no council to stop them. Hanar assassin rings poppin quietly taking over the isolated settlements (drell assassins were trained by the hanar), trying to step up as the true successors to the Protheans (they were taught to speak by them)

That sound dope doe:ohhh: