GhostMan

All Star
Daps
Have they actually confirmed they are going to continue with the ABC choice system? If so, will it effect how the game develops or is it now a linear story? Sorry I'm late to the party on a lot of the details.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Mass effect 1 is the most boring of the series IMO. They really ramped it up with 2 and 3. However, even tho I say that, ME1 is still a really great game, but that's once you get going. The first hour or two are really tough t o get through but once you get your ship and your squad starts coming together, the game is just :krs::krs::krs::krs::krs::krs::krs:

3 was dope. The ending was trash but everything leading up to it was fire man. I see a lot of people letting that ending of 3 cloud their judgement of the entire product/trilogy, but looking back, it was still an extremely excellent game. Mass effect is one of the only games that's an instant day 1 cop for me, the series is THAT great.

Three was disappointing to me. It was a good game, but I felt like my decisions in the previous game really didn't matter. Especially if you chose a relationship with Jack.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
If its so hard, they shouldn't have sold that to us though. The story overall seemed as though it was going to be much grander and expansive at the end of ME1. It seemed like it was setting us up for a huge space epic only to significantly narrow the focus of the story in the next 2 games. I dunno. I just felt at the end of ME1 when you were conversing with that Prothean computer on their long abandoned world that they were setting up for something on a grander scale. I dunno. The series just didnt deliver how I thought it was, although it is still probably my favorite gaming trilogy of all time. Seems like they got kind of content with the story and just focused on the gameplay and making it more actiony.
they probably started out with grand plans but people forget the huge leap in cost of gaming development from Ps2 era to the HD era which is why so many publishers have gone belly up, just look at the jump from Gears 1 which cost around 10 million to Gears 3 costing 40 million and a gears 4 they said would cost around 100 million and that's for a linear 3rd person cover game with a multiplayer suite so for an open world rpg the cost would be much higher. Just look at how much pared down the elder scrolls games have gotten. The last best hope is something like Path of Exile which I haven't played but supposedly allows a good amount of freedom in crafting your experience.

That's not forgiving Bioware for over selling but I'm sure in an ideal world they would have done all that but the return on investment likely made it impossible.

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
What bothers me is the PVP...the game could barely do PVE with a glorified horde mode. I don't want powers nerfed or weapon carrying limits just because they can't separate PVP gameplay with PVE.
what in the world? who said there would be PVP? no one wants that bring back the PVE though that joint was fire

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
They're going to show more gameplay for ME:A right? Or was that 2 minute trailer it?

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
If its so hard, they shouldn't have sold that to us though. The story overall seemed as though it was going to be much grander and expansive at the end of ME1. It seemed like it was setting us up for a huge space epic only to significantly narrow the focus of the story in the next 2 games. I dunno. I just felt at the end of ME1 when you were conversing with that Prothean computer on their long abandoned world that they were setting up for something on a grander scale. I dunno. The series just didnt deliver how I thought it was, although it is still probably my favorite gaming trilogy of all time. Seems like they got kind of content with the story and just focused on the gameplay and making it more actiony.
I never got this impression at all and Im need deep in ME lore. I played ME1 about 15x. When ME2 came out in two discs I knew what time it was. After i finished ME2 the 4th time, I knew all of our choices couldnt possibility matter.

Then again I learned from Fable 1 & 2 that developers like to pull the okey doke on us buyers.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I never got this impression at all and Im need deep in ME lore. I played ME1 about 15x. When ME2 came out in two discs I knew what time it was. After i finished ME2 the 4th time, I knew all of our choices couldnt possibility matter.

Then again I learned from Fable 1 & 2 that developers like to pull the okey doke on us buyers.

People seem to be talking about different topics.

If you're saying you knew Bioware was bullshytting at the end of "ME1" I gotta call :duck:

Either that or you're psychic. I was on SOHH when the first game came out and there was a ton of speculation on how choices would matter. That was the bulk of the conversation after the game came out. Every other topic was secondary.

If I misunderstood you, and you meant after 2 came out....then I agree. But the blame still falls squarely on Bioware for advertising something they couldn't possibly achieve.

I see people saying "well I bought the game the first day it came out"....I'm not even talking day 1 fans. I'm talking day 0. The entire "your choices matter" thing was advertised a year or more before the first game even came out.

Fred.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
People seem to be talking about different topics.

If you're saying you knew Bioware was bullshytting at the end of "ME1" I gotta call :duck:

Either that or you're psychic. I was on SOHH when the first game came out and there was a ton of speculation on how choices would matter. That was the bulk of the conversation after the game came out. Every other topic was secondary.

If I misunderstood you, and you meant after 2 came out....then I agree. But the blame still falls squarely on Bioware for advertising something they couldn't possibly achieve.

I see people saying "well I bought the game the first day it came out"....I'm not even talking day 1 fans. I'm talking day 0. The entire "your choices matter" thing was advertised a year or more before the first game even came out.

Fred.
Thats where you fukked up :manny:. I learned my lesson during Fable. While yall was eating up the marketing and developing fanon, I was either playing the game or living life.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
The Mass Effect team was a bit naive. Also some of the writers that started on the series didn't finish it and the head writer was completely different. This is a case of both what I was saying and the fact that Mass Effect was never really planned out and was made up as it went along.

The problem was that EA came along and took over. Instead of making a stand alone sequel in the same universe, they forced the narrative to stretch across two more titles. To their credit, Mass Effect 2 ended up being a masterpiece anyway, however by 3 they totally regressed.

Hatianleo

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
That was the only game i looked forward to in this year E3, looks good and was worth the waitttttttttttttttttttt