hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Video looks dope but I need to see a lot more before I put down money. fukk reviewers I need to hear it from actual gamers.

After the end of 3 they're never catching me slipping again.

Fred.

Daps
This and GTA are the only series I'll still fukk with..

As long as the gameplay mechanics from 3 are somewhat the same I'll be happy, I'm ready to fukk shyt up as a vanguard again

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
i remember trying the first one on 360 when it first dropped and i didnt really care for it either. The series gets so much hype tho i feel like im missing out :yeshrug:
Bio ware games aren't for everyone.

Look how much hype that new dragon age game got and that shyt was :trash:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
i remember trying the first one on 360 when it first dropped and i didnt really care for it either. The series gets so much hype tho i feel like im missing out :yeshrug:

Mass effect 1 is the most boring of the series IMO. They really ramped it up with 2 and 3. However, even tho I say that, ME1 is still a really great game, but that's once you get going. The first hour or two are really tough t o get through but once you get your ship and your squad starts coming together, the game is just :krs::krs::krs::krs::krs::krs::krs:

Video looks dope but I need to see a lot more before I put down money. fukk reviewers I need to hear it from actual gamers.

After the end of 3 they're never catching me slipping again.

Fred.

3 was dope. The ending was trash but everything leading up to it was fire man. I see a lot of people letting that ending of 3 cloud their judgement of the entire product/trilogy, but looking back, it was still an extremely excellent game. Mass effect is one of the only games that's an instant day 1 cop for me, the series is THAT great.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mass effect 1 is the most boring of the series IMO. They really ramped it up with 2 and 3. However, even tho I say that, ME1 is still a really great game, but that's once you get going. The first hour or two are really tough t o get through but once you get your ship and your squad starts coming together, the game is just :krs::krs::krs::krs::krs::krs::krs:

3 was dope. The ending was trash but everything leading up to it was fire man. I see a lot of people letting that ending of 3 cloud their judgement of the entire product/trilogy, but looking back, it was still an extremely excellent game. Mass effect is one of the only games that's an instant day 1 cop for me, the series is THAT great.

The problems started in 2. You can't have your whole gimmick be "your choices matter", for years before your series even starts, then most of your choices are thrown out the window by the 2nd game in the trilogy. The end of 3 is what killed the series for me.

I dunno when you got into the series but most people that don't have problems with the end of 3, or the series in general, didn't get into it until after the fact. The finished product is nothing like what they originally advertised, or envisioned.

Fred.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The problems started in 2. You can't have your whole gimmick be "your choices matter", for years before your series even starts, then most of your choices are thrown out the window by the 2nd game in the trilogy. The end of 3 is what killed the series for me.

I dunno when you got into the series but most people that don't have problems with the end of 3, or the series in general, didn't get into it until after the fact. The finished product is nothing like what they originally advertised, or envisioned.

Fred.
This is true. The main complaints (and are 100% valid too) are from the day 0 fans that followed the game's development and were gassed about an action/rpg that was going to flip the story telling genre on its head by molding the story based on individual decisions. The idea many had was that if you and your friends started the game at the same time, by the time you got through the trilogy you would be telling each other completely different stories, with widely varying events and outcomes. Without this element, the games alone are solid, but the sting of this huge let down damages the overall quality of the game incredibly.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This is true. The main complaints (and are 100% valid too) are from the day 0 fans that followed the game's development and were gassed about an action/rpg that was going to flip the story telling genre on its head by molding the story based on individual decisions. The idea many had was that if you and your friends started the game at the same time, by the time you got through the trilogy you would be telling each other completely different stories, with widely varying events and outcomes. Without this element, the games alone are solid, but the sting of this huge let down damages the overall quality of the game incredibly.
I don't get the hate (I mean, I understand it from an objective standpoint, considering all the endings are the same), but throughout ME3 your choices from ME1-2 mattered. People committed suicide or not, civilization died or not, etc. The game was great, until the end. Your choices actually did matter, just not at the end. I was fine with that :manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I don't get the hate (I mean, I understand it from an objective standpoint, considering all the endings are the same), but throughout ME3 your choices from ME1-2 mattered. People committed suicide or not, civilization died or not, etc. The game was great, until the end. Your choices actually did matter, just not at the end. I was fine with that :manny:
Nah not for me breh.
I understand the work that would be involved. But my expectation based on the information they gave us was that we would have completely different endings. Making all of the endings essentially the same soured my excitement for my choices. It made everything feel inconsequential. I still recommend the series. I just wanted them to follow through with their original advertisements. I have similar complaints about Halo 5.

Daps
Bioware changed there going to fukk this up. Somebody helped them with mass effect 2/3 and dragonage 1.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Chris Schlerf left for Bungie, he was the former lead writer of Andromeda.

His resume is pretty light. :francis:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Nah man.

The problem with discussing this game is, if your (meaning whoever) choices mattered then it seems like the system works.

In the first game my background was "Survivor". Meaning my entire platoon was wiped out by a Thresher Maw.

Later in the game when you're doing all the Cerberus side quests you find out that Cerberus killed off your platoon as part of an experiment.

After that I went out of my way to fukk them over....destroyed all their bases, wrecked their experiments, etc.

"Mass Effect 2" not only do you have to work with Cerberus no matter what, there is zero mention of my character's entire back story. Shepard doesn't even bring it up once.

shyt is sloppy as hell breh. Nevermind the Racni choice in 1 being completely rewritten in 3....or various other things I could go into.

Fred.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

Fred.

Been a Day 1 fan. I do agree that our choices ultimately didn't matter in the end is a valid complaint, but I still loved the series regardless. Thought the gameplay, characters, story, and overall universe were great and easily digestable, which is something a lot of games can't nail right across multiple titles. Despite the flaws it had, it's still one of the best trilogies we've gotten in a long time, and Andromeda will hopefully build upon that.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Been a Day 1 fan. I do agree that our choices ultimately didn't matter in the end is a valid complaint, but I still loved the series regardless. Thought the gameplay, characters, story, and overall universe were great and easily digestable, which is something a lot of games can't nail right across multiple titles. Despite the flaws it had, it's still one of the best trilogies we've gotten in a long time, and Andromeda will hopefully build upon that.

This is how I feel even tho I didn't get in till 2. I felt fully immersed in everything and it's such a fun world to get caught up in. And I felt like my personal choices were reflected in 3 from the ones I made in 2 and actually I played 2 then played 1 and went back through 2 and then 3 came out so all of my stuff lined up pretty well for the most part.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Fred.
I think it's past time to accept that in a narrative heavy game choice can't matter. If you want choice to matter there are games for that like The Sims and Civilization.

They're telling a story to millions of people, they have to nail it down and it can't diverge too much either. It's impractical to expect a game with an audience so wide to have choices that alter the outcome in any major way other than taking predetermined general branches like a path A, B, and C.

The Mass Effect team was a bit naive. Also some of the writers that started on the series didn't finish it and the head writer was completely different. This is a case of both what I was saying and the fact that Mass Effect was never really planned out and was made up as it went along.