42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I always run with at least a Krogan on these games. Maybe I should start using Vetra though :patrice:
Vetra may seem "okay" on hardcore or normal, but on insanity she's elite because two of her abilities have what's basically the best synergy in the game and they don't rely on enemies dying, being unshielded, or some other uncontrollable stuff... as long as she's alive, she's busting asses. Her armor gives her RIDICULOUS survivability (arguably better than Drakk) and overall buffs - and turbocharge turns her into a bullet hose. When upgraded, as one goes down, the other automatically goes up.

her gun is always in the fight, she's always drawing some fire off you too - and that's something that the rest of the crew can't really claim.

peebee is aite but you gotta protect her to get the most out of her. her defense debuffs are cool and all but sometimes you just want straight up damage output versus all the other stuff.

jaal is okay too. i just don't like jaal lol

cora at least has charge and a shotgun. liam ain't shyt after he throws his grenades :mjlol: dusty ass can stay at home on the couch

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Vetra may seem "okay" on hardcore or normal, but on insanity she's elite because two of her abilities have what's basically the best synergy in the game and they don't rely on enemies dying, being unshielded, or some other uncontrollable stuff... as long as she's alive, she's busting asses. Her armor gives her RIDICULOUS survivability (arguably better than Drakk) and overall buffs - and turbocharge turns her into a bullet hose. When upgraded, as one goes down, the other automatically goes up.

her gun is always in the fight, she's always drawing some fire off you too - and that's something that the rest of the crew can't really claim.

peebee is aite but you gotta protect her to get the most out of her. her defense debuffs are cool and all but sometimes you just want straight up damage output versus all the other stuff.

jaal is okay too. i just don't like jaal lol

cora at least has charge and a shotgun. liam ain't shyt after he throws his grenades :mjlol: dusty ass can stay at home on the couch
I haven't used Liam after the first mission of the game. I didn't need to see anything else to know he'd be trash. :mjlol:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
that shyt wasnt even a real match compared to the hell i went through.

and no matter what you say, that architech was not going at you hard like it was for me. mine was shocking me outta cover every 10 seconds, sending waves of robots at me every couple minutes, shooting at me. but imma just give you the benefit of the doubt and say its cus that gun you have appears OP
Thats because you were taking to long to break his legs and face.

You were punished for being slow with your gungame.

My pirhaba shotgunnis designed to punish and crush.

He couldnt do that to me because i depleted tye lifebar quickly.

You said yourself your weapons were useless against him.

I use shotty up close which is effective against him

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I haven't used Liam after the first mission of the game. I didn't need to see anything else to know he'd be trash. :mjlol:
His whole kit needs to be reworked. Havoc spike or whatever its called just isn't even worth using. He has no protection going in, extremely little going out, and it doesn't have enough use in the first place. They should've just given him the grenade launcher AR, turned his grenade ability into either the turret or one of the flamethrower/cryo abilities, and made his AI jetpack heavy to differentiate him from the rest of the crew. Do that and he's filling a need that no one else addresses.

As is he, he's good at nothing other than being a fake ass vanguard.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@42 Monks
lol at questioning my me skills...funny guy...

as for builds: i always run as a sentinel first...so far i'm mainly using overload (for shields), incinerate (for armor), and energy drain (to get shields back)...yea, i know that's all tech shyt, so that makes it more eng, but i have more points in barrier than any of the tech passives....anyway, i rotate energy drain, turret, charge, lance, and backlash depending on the situation....

side note: i'm really pissed they took out warp...lance is cool, but it aint warp....

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
did this last night...the only thing about this mission that is bullshyt is that there is no save point once you get to the 'disable the alarms' part...if you die from that point on, no matter where you die at, they start you over at that point.....that shyt pissed me off so much cause i got to the dude you had to beat, and got caught slipping by one of the other kett, and they made me do all that shyt again, smh....

anyway, this shyt not as hard as it seems...it's more annoying than hard.....the key is you have to stick and move, so you can turn off the alarms....dont try to stand your ground and fight cause they will keep coming....you fight enough to give you a chance to break towards the next alarm...and dont worry about your squad, they get 'pulled/dragged' forward with you....so use them to fight to give you that chance to break....

also, make sure the button you have to push to disarm it is visible...by that i mean when you push the button, something happens....if the cam not right, you can be standing right next to it, but because of the angle, nothing will happen....yea, it's dumb, but you gotta do that shyt...

after you turn off all the alarms, then you stand your ground and fight for a good while, clearing enemies....that way, when you continue towards the dude, you only have to worry about him and the ones in there with him...

tip: once you get to him, kill every one else, then fight him....they dont respawn, and you can make it a 3 vs 1 fight to your advantage....which works cause the fight is annoyingly long....it's not hard (i beat him in 1 go), just seems long....you'll see what i mean once you fight him....
I died last night and then I thought"oh well I'm sure the game won't make me start all over again:ehh:"
Seconds later I see I gotta do it all again
giphy.gif

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
@42 Monks
lol at questioning my me skills...funny guy...

as for builds: i always run as a sentinel first...so far i'm mainly using overload (for shields), incinerate (for armor), and energy drain (to get shields back)...yea, i know that's all tech shyt, so that makes it more eng, but i have more points in barrier than any of the tech passives....anyway, i rotate energy drain, turret, charge, lance, and backlash depending on the situation....

side note: i'm really pissed they took out warp...lance is cool, but it aint warp....
They basically moved Warp to the tech tree and renamed it, and buffed it again.

Why don't you just switch consumables though? I let my ammo packs worry about what type of enemy health bar I need to chew through.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I died last night and then I thought"oh well I'm sure the game won't make me start all over again:ehh:"
Seconds later I see I gotta do it all again
giphy.gif

lol i feel your pain...it pissed me off last night....fukked me up for a couple mins, cause i was in disbelief myself lol....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They basically moved Warp to the tech tree and renamed it, and buffed it again.

Why don't you just switch consumables though? I let my ammo packs worry about what type of enemy health bar I need to chew through.

what's the name of this power like warp?...

cause i like to use my powers more than guns...my guns are secondary to them....i throw on consumables depending on the situation...ex: if i know it's gonna be a lot of shielded people, i'll add disrupter; a lot of armor, incin; etc....

also, cause of the new craft system, i've augmented that type of ammo into my gun....ex: i put an incin augment on an ar, and that shyt melts through armor...hopefully when i level this gun up, i'll be able to deconstruct this version to keep that augment....

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
what's the name of this power like warp?...

cause i like to use my powers more than guns...my guns are secondary to them....i throw on consumables depending on the situation...ex: if i know it's gonna be a lot of shielded people, i'll add disrupter; a lot of armor, incin; etc....

also, cause of the new craft system, i've augmented that type of ammo into my gun....ex: i put an incin augment on an ar, and that shyt melts through armor...hopefully when i level this gun up, i'll be able to deconstruct this version to keep that augment....
Invasion is basically OG Warp. And instead of it being a primer, its one of the few (maybe only abilities I think) that can explode all by itself and not require primers/detonators. Its not specifically tailored towards armor or shields now, but if specced right it can be an AOE Damage over time spreading cast that boasts a 50% defense debuff.

That shyt is crazy when you add in the other shyt from the tech tree passives... its one of the few skills that only really shines on higher difficulties since you can just toss people around on normal or hardcore

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Invasion is basically OG Warp. And instead of it being a primer, its one of the few (maybe only abilities I think) that can explode all by itself and not require primers/detonators. Its not specifically tailored towards armor or shields now, but if specced right it can be an AOE Damage over time spreading cast that boasts a 50% defense debuff.

That shyt is crazy when you add in the other shyt from the tech tree passives... its one of the few skills that only really shines on higher difficulties since you can just toss people around on normal or hardcore

i figured that's what you were talking about....talked with one of the cats i game with about it last night....while it's a nice power, naw, it's no warp...and it doesnt explode....it just eats through enemies and can travel enemy to enemy on it's own....

lance is this game's warp...instead of armor though, it affects shields....and while it's a cool power and even looks like warp, it aint no warp neither....

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i figured that's what you were talking about....talked with one of the cats i game with about it last night....while it's a nice power, naw, it's no warp...and it doesnt explode....it just eats through enemies and can travel enemy to enemy on it's own....

lance is this game's warp...instead of armor though, it affects shields....and while it's a cool power and even looks like warp, it aint no warp neither....
it does explode at level 6 if you spec for it, pretty decent size too considering the wide berth the initial cast is and the fact that it spreads

og warp was basically anti-armor. invasion is the same general debuff that warp started out as

i have no clue what lance is for other than peppering big targets and knocking off appendages quickly

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it does explode at level 6 if you spec for it, pretty decent size too considering the wide berth the initial cast is and the fact that it spreads

og warp was basically anti-armor. invasion is the same general debuff that warp started out as

i have no clue what lance is for other than peppering big targets and knocking off appendages quickly

aight...i take your word for it, havent got it that high yet....when i glanced at it in game, just saw it could infect a large area, and move from enemy to enemy...and while it does work on everything like warp did, unlike warp, it's not made specifically for armor....that's why i went with leveling up incin over it...

lance is to shields, like warp was to armor...you get it high enough, and it melts shields....

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
aight...i take your word for it, havent got it that high yet....when i glanced at it in game, just saw it could infect a large area, and move from enemy to enemy...and while it does work on everything like warp did, unlike warp, it's not made specifically for armor....that's why i went with leveling up incin over it...

lance is to shields, like warp was to armor...you get it high enough, and it melts shields....
Its still not meant for shields for really. Its the only ability power that you can get a weak point modifier for (and its huge) while also stacking all of your ability power bonuses/passives with. I'm not sure what the general weak point modifier is for all enemies, OR lance's initial weak point bonus... but its up there with sniper rifles imo and heavy pistols.

It only has a base damage of 320. If you spec for shield damage with it, you're looking at only a single +25% damage vs shields. Nova for example has 400 base damage and an option for +60% damage vs shields.

A charged overload at level 1 is doing 400 damage to shields - also chains to the next two enemies at 100 damage (200 if shielded). It can do an additional +50% x 2 if specced for it but overload is more or less for quick stripping + chain detonating.

Energy Drain does roughly the same mount of base damage as Lance vs shields, but its versatility is what makes it the go-to for any prolonged encounter vs shields. After a certain point, you're simply not going to be be taking down an enemy's shields in one shot (at least no enemy worth typing about) and at that point you'll absolutely take note of the fact that their shields in a way become a benefit to your party. You're basically siphoning, starting shield regen whenever you need it for you and your squad - and that's more important and hard to come by then flat damage at that point.

Another thing about lance is that the tracking is definitely unique. You have to aim that bytch. But doing it isn't exactly easy.

The biotic passives all lean you towards shield damage anyways... but the real "fukk your shields" ability in the tree is singularity because of the way the passives stack between its specific skill tree and the innate biotic shyt. (Something ridiculous like 35 damage over time +8 to 12 second duration + 150% shield damage + primes everything + exploding singularity (350 base damage lol) on top of the biotic passive/containment tree shenanigans)

sorry for the long post, just want brehs informed :ehh: