MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nope.

The world and story of 1 was the best. In the rest of the series there is nothing comparable to the first time you land on the Citadel, or hear Sovereign, or find all the dead Protheans, etc. Because the entire universe and characters are new in the first game.

As an actual game....as far as game play, how it controls, etc. the 2nd game is the best in the series over all. It's not even about the RPG elements.....because they were mostly a mess in part 1. Some of the skills unintentionally cancelled each other out or didn't function properly. Not to mention you're a soldier but if you don't put skill points in guns you can't even shoot straight. Some of the design choices were very bizarre.

But RPG heads just seen all the options like :krs:

Granted, they removed way too much of that in 2 and 3, when they should've just refined it.

Fred.

2 is easily the best

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Bioware is looking a little :flabbynsick:

DA:I was a disappointment.

I'm skeptical of this game. Gonna wait for reviews too.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What did they do with Inquisition brehs? :jbhmm:

I liked "Inquisition" but it's not really a very good game. Mostly because the level and gear progression is fukked up, which is a problem for most RPGs.

I'm not checking reviews, none of the reviews for 3 even mentioned the ending. I'm gonna check out what people say in real life, and on here.

Fred.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
What did they do with Inquisition brehs? :jbhmm:
Inquisition is better than Dragon Age 2 but probably not better than Dragon Age Origins. It's a solid game but I got distracted by other games and never finished it. Part of the problem with it is that the game is structured in such a way that makes doing side quest mandatory to progress the story. You get what's called power points for doing side quest and the main missions have locks on them so if you don't have enough power you can't do them. The second part of the problem is that the majority of the side quest are crap and tedious to do.

Daps
Didn't reviews say DA Inquistion was the game of the year...:mjlol:

Luckily for me i have taste, and i can see games for what they are, before i buy them.:jawalrus:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Inquisition is better than Dragon Age 2 but probably not better than Dragon Age Origins. It's a solid game but I got distracted by other games and never finished it. Part of the problem with it is that the game is structured in such a way that makes doing side quest mandatory to progress the story. You get what's called power points for doing side quest and the main missions have locks on them so if you don't have enough power you can't do them. The second part of the problem is that the majority of the side quest are crap and tedious to do.

This also goes back to what I said about progression. I had so much Power by around the half way mark it became completely meaningless. I don't even get it any more from side quests.

Fred.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Not hype for this at all.
3s ending (and Bioware's condescending attitude) soured me on the entire series and with the director for this one already bowing out, the lunacy and circus has already began.
Writing is on the wall and Bioware as a whole has been underwhelming over the last few years.
Inquisition was a huge dissapointent.
I'll definitely be waiting for reviews before ordering this.

Beware is dead to me. I never liked mass effect but after what they did to inquisition, I'm even more skeptical about this game

Didn't reviews say DA Inquistion was the game of the year...:mjlol:

Luckily for me i have taste, and i can see games for what they are, before i buy them.:jawalrus:
These are Lies!!! first off, NOBODY said this when the game was out this time last year, it was all praise at how good the story was and how much shyt there was to do.. I know this cause this board and a few other people persuaded me to get that game.... Either yall were caught up in the hype or hindsight is getting the worst of yall... SMH DAI was great...

And Enough with the ME3 blasphemy, you are really trying to tell me that their decision for the ending tool away how great that game looked and played, how that shyt was an epic movie.. you can say well the game was a 10 but hated the ending so its a 8 or 8.5, but yall act like the ending takes it down to a 2 or something..... HOWEVER hearing about this dude leaving is not a good sign going forward

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
These are Lies!!! first off, NOBODY said this when the game was out this time last year, it was all praise at how good the story was and how much shyt there was to do.. I know this cause this board and a few other people persuaded me to get that game.... Either yall were caught up in the hype or hindsight is getting the worst of yall... SMH DAI was great...

And Enough with the ME3 blasphemy, you are really trying to tell me that their decision for the ending tool away how great that game looked and played, how that shyt was an epic movie.. you can say well the game was a 10 but hated the ending so its a 8 or 8.5, but yall act like the ending takes it down to a 2 or something..... HOWEVER hearing about this dude leaving is not a good sign going forward
I never said DA:I was a great game last year. shyt was broken on PC in sli for months. After it finally got fixed, it was almost a chore to beat.

It might have been the best AAA game of 2014, but that's not saying much. 2014 was one of the worst years for gaming in recent history.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan

gameplay was a joke. basic as fukk compared to origins, i stopped like 20 hours in cause there was barely any depth.

Last edited:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh

Ill tell you this much. @hexagram23 and me were the biggest stans for this ever. Hex waaaay bigger than anyone ever. Even he was like :scust:

That ending was absolutely god awful. Theyt also killed the universe with it. The Mass effects dont exist anymore, the universe is cut off. Its the stupidest ending ever.

Ill tell u this much though ,that ME3 was was the greatest game I ever seen/ played up until that ending. That shyt was like a masterful movie. Im honestly surprised they didnt have anyone say the endings shyt and change it.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
gameplay was a joke. basic as fukk compared to origins, i stopped like 20 hours in cause there was barely any depth.

Maybe cause it was so much better than 2 I thought it was great, idk but the big ass thread in here was filled with majority praise..

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Origins gameplay/combat was tedious :trash:, game was unplayable on consoles. DA2 combat was far far better.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Mass Effect 3 was a very good game, on par and if not better than 2 and had great multiplayer. But that ending just stunk up and masked over the good up and killed the series from a story point. It notwithstanding it's still very good. It had the best combat and enemy variation of the series.

Andromeda will be the RPG of the gen until it's sequel regardless of whatever Bioware are doing with other stuff right now.

Mass Effect 2/3 combat + Mass Effect 1 exploration + Frostbite Engine + Mass Effect 3 styled multiplayer + Character Creation = RPG of the gen until the sequel.

The only thing that can derail Andromeda is the story but seeing how it's a soft reboot and starting fresh, it most likely will not be a problem.