Marvel's Werewolf by Night Halloween special

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This was good. That trailer didn't do this any justice. It worked exactly how like thought it could work.

Other than Elsa, there's really not much to these characters, so a special was great. I can see them morphing a Blade movie into a Midnight Sons movie with this. I think this was the Blade tone we were getting anyway. But Blade (and daughter), Doctor Voodoo, Elsa Bloodstone, Werewolf, Robbie Reyes GR, and Man-Thing could work

I doubt they'll bring back Hellstrom. I don't think they want to delve that deep into it again.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Here’s the thing though and most of y’all do it with other shyt too (ala AEW or etc)

Like it kills me when y’all be like “bu bu bu bu but the Staaaaaaaaaaan’s treat ______ like they are protected from or above CRITICISM.

No that’s not what anyone one is saying, ever said or is trying to do.

But anyone with a brain can tell the difference between legit criticism and true hating.

Criticism is:

“hey I wasn’t a fan of THIS. But I see what they are trying to do and it wouldve been better if they did ___________ (providing REAL examples of how to make it better)

But some y’all don’t be doing that. It just be:
“Ha ha ha! This sucks! This is Mid, this is Trash” (but never provide no context or anything extra commentary). Just every post downing and shytting on it.

That IS the big difference between criticism & hate. And it’s fair to call out anyone that tries to hide behind and/or mask their HATE behind criticism
Additionally it’s a two way street. If people can talk shyt about people that liked something, people can talk shyt about people that didn’t like it :yeshrug:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
this is the only marvel related media that ive seen this year(and most likely the last), i felt i needed to see this. i liked bernals version of russell. design wise he would have made a good jason blood as well. kinda suprised they showed off man thing so early. to me that feels like a huge reveal best saved for the last momemts. liked else too. kinda wondering if they plan on adapting her siblings. or if they just plan on doing a midnight sons run then individual character stuff. jack vs the guards has a real cabin in the woods feel to it

another unrelated thing. watching this really pisses me off that the dark universe failed. a modern wolfman movie would have been fukking amazing.
also, still pissed off swamp thing was cancelled, but also glad marvel didnt try to make man thing into swamp thing, despite simularities
:ohhh:Real shyt seeing Man Thing made me yearn for a Swamp Thing season 2:mjcry:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
If Disney + had been in place in Phase 1/2, this would have been the route to go with a character like Hulk.

Instead of trying to spread his story arc over 3 movies, could have laid it out in a 3 part special.

They still experimenting and trying to find their stride but I'm really grateful for all the content they've dropped, this is a good sign for the darker side of the MCU.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
This is all I wanted from a Universal Monsters Dark Universe.

Classic Horror. :wow:

None of that Blumhouse bullshyt.
I can't believe Marvel ate Universal's lunch like this. All the little nods and winks in the movie paying homage.. to Universal's horror. Universal needs to kick themselves in the ass.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This was dope. I wasn’t sure what to expect but it delivered, I thought it was going to be over the top campy but it wasn’t. I wanted to see more at the end honestly. I hope Marvel continues with these.
Right. The trailer definitely painted it that way, but I'm glad they kept a mostly straight-laced tone. They paid homage perfectly