Marvel's Werewolf by Night Halloween special

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Just invested in a vcr for the tv in my bedroom and I have been snatching up old VHS horror movies off of FB marketplace in past two weeks :ohlawd:

Evil Dead 1 and 2
The Fog
Alien / Aliens
Nightmare on Elm St 1-3
Carrie
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Bride of Frankenstein
The Thing

working on more

CLASSICS ONLY
Restoring The nostalgia or you like the vhs feel of those films?

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Restoring The nostalgia or you like the vhs feel of those films?
Absolutely both. 86 baby and a few weeks back when I was moving around boxes of comic books up in my bedroom which is the attic space of my apartment, I got the inspiration when I randomly thought about a video store in my hometown back in the 90's. Whenever I was at my best friends Dads house (parents just split) he'd take us there to rent all of the rated R movies our moms would never let us watch because we were 6. Predator, Aliens, Scanners, you name it. Dopest thing about the video store was the fact that there was a comic book / trading card shop tucked away in the video store itself. So we'd buy early Image comics like Gen 13 :whew: with our movies and snacks and SNES games. Weekends were LIT.

As a sample based producer, I'm a vinyl junky. Also comic book enthusiast as I mentioned. Dabbling in VHS tapes now and grabbing all of the action/sci-fi/horror classics of the 80's/90's now just seems like an extension of my collecting habits :manny:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Absolutely both. 86 baby and a few weeks back when I was moving around boxes of comic books up in my bedroom which is the attic space of my apartment, I got the inspiration when I randomly thought about a video store in my hometown back in the 90's. Whenever I was at my best friends Dads house (parents just split) he'd take us there to rent all of the rated R movies our moms would never let us watch because we were 6. Predator, Aliens, Scanners, you name it. Dopest thing about the video store was the fact that there was a comic book / trading card shop tucked away in the video store itself. So we'd buy early Image comics like Gen 13 :whew: with our movies and snacks and SNES games. Weekends were LIT.

As a sample based producer, I'm a vinyl junky. Also comic book enthusiast as I mentioned. Dabbling in VHS tapes now and grabbing all of the action/sci-fi/horror classics of the 80's/90's now just seems like an extension of my collecting habits :manny:
Good to hear young Soul because i was born in 1974!I know about the vhs, vinyls and comics!
Bless.

• Dap
Reactions: Jx2

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Just invested in a vcr for the tv in my bedroom and I have been snatching up old VHS horror movies off of FB marketplace in past two weeks :ohlawd:

Evil Dead 1 and 2
The Fog
Alien / Aliens
Nightmare on Elm St 1-3
Carrie
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Bride of Frankenstein
The Thing

working on more

CLASSICS ONLY
Been on a mission to own all home video versions of Nosferatu

• Dap

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been on a mission to own all home video versions of Nosferatu
I've tried bidding on a few lots of classic monster movies but it seems people are willing to pay up considerbaly depending on the movies.

One that had a bunch of Vincent Price movies, Classic Universal Monster movies, Godzilla, etc. went for $90 yesterday.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU

:ohhh:

This is pretty inspirational. It would be dope to have one of those mini TVs with the built in VCRs on my desk playing 80s and 90s classics on a loop just for the nostalgic aesthetic. Plus I used to love the old box covers for VHS tapes. You might be on to something with this bruh. :banderas:

• Dap

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:

This is pretty inspirational. It would be dope to have one of those mini TVs with the built in VCRs on my desk playing 80s and 90s classics on a loop just for the nostalgic aesthetic. Plus I used to love the old box covers for VHS tapes. You might be on to something with this bruh. :banderas:
It's wild. I went looking for one of those tv's a VCR built in... They're expensive as shyt right now and buying even just a new VCR player is ludicrous. People are cashing in on 80's nostalgia heavily right now.

And yes, certain tapes have made their way into my home studio for decor :obama: Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Evil Dead, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Alien, Batman et al

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

Interviewer: “Anyway, while watching, I assumed it was Marvel Studios’ first R-rated or TV-MA project, but according to the Internet, it’s TV-14. Did the black and white help counter the blood and keep the rating at TV-14?”

Giacchino: “You know what? Maybe. You could be right. I’m not sure. We had always assumed it would be TV-MA, but I wasn’t always involved with what was happening on that end in terms of ratings and all of that. And so I’m not sure, but I am sure you are absolutely right that the black and white did help keep us within a certain range.”

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I own two copies of his first appearance so I don't give a fukk if it's even shytty. Marvel keeping me fed making shows based on obscure characters
I'm mad they scrapped New Warriors. I would've loved to see the response Night Thrasher would've received.