Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Using IF as Orihime from Bleach was both perfect and hilarious. They pretty much gave up on trying to make him passable for a martial artist...and I'm honestly okay with that. As expected, everyone else performed better than IF and the story delivered.

tumblr_na2f5mPQIj1tqjmlgo1_500.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If IF at least wore a type of costume like DD 2 stunt doubles could've carried fights in this series.

Well the coordination and just the way it was shot. Like that shyt wasn't exciting at all. It's almost as if they knew that and added wu to give it urgency. Inspectah deck on the set:wow:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Well the coordination and just the way it was shot. Like that shyt wasn't exciting at all. It's almost as if they knew that and added wu to give it urgency. Inspectah deck on the set:wow:
Oh well for that they need to holler at the choreographers and stunt team of Into The Badlands. They know how to make camera angles and the set of a fight full of piff:wow:

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
Another thing. The way the show handled Danny Rands kidnapping was laughable. Dude like one of the richest people on the planet. Multiple agencies would be looking for this nikka. Not just the NYPD. They was talking bout him missing, like he was some old cat with Alzheimers that went missing.

I'm mad he's trying to do secret mission in a fukking company vehicle

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I thought it was "aight". The chemistry between Cage, DD and JJ was the high point.

Unfortunately, outside of DD

Limitations in fight choreography (the other actors don't wear masks, so no stunt doubles)

+

Limitations of the netflix budget in showcasing big powers

=

Largely meh fight scenes that require a lot of camera cuts

I didn't really care much for Signourney Weaver either, and in truth I was bored of the whole hand/ninja stuff. I "get" why they had to see it through, but I would've preferred new (and formidable) villains, or just something a bit more fresh. I've already seen Colleen fight that one guy from the Hand with all the same sappy dialogue. A couple other retreads like that where I was like, ...ok.

A number of yall said 7/10 and that feels about right. Tbh I probably would've enjoyed it more if Kingpin and Punisher were somehow able to be involved, b/c if the fighting is subpar then I need more charismatic characters/subplots to make up for it.