Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I agree that it was that, but DareDevil is back into his life as a crime fighter, JJ has just opened up her place again, and Luke Cage is headed back to Harlem to do his thing.
would any of their solo series be hurt using 1 or 2 out of the laborious 13 episodes to explain that though? A big deal was made about luke going back to jail and look how it was handled in his opening 30 secs. Other than seeing Jessica again I felt the whole thing was a big waste. And considering they weren't even sure they were going to go with iron fist (or punisher) as late as Summer 2016 it just makes the whole thing look worse

I felt it was like Iron Fist 1.5 as a lead in to next season for all the other characters
I agree

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
would any of their solo series be hurt using 1 or 2 out of the laborious 13 episodes to explain that though? A big deal was made about luke going back to jail and look how it was handled in his opening 30 secs. Other than seeing Jessica again I felt the whole thing was a big waste. And considering they weren't even sure they were going to go with iron fist (or punisher) as late as Summer 2016 it just makes the whole thing look worse

I agree

I'm with you on that. I was expecting a lot more interaction between worlds. Kingpin, Cottonmouth's cousin (forgot her name,) etc. Obvious criminal elements that could have been used to strengthen the Hand and not make them seem like scrubs who are only doing well because they are fighting less organized scrubs

It seems rushed through as hell, but I still enjoyed it

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
JJ has dealt with a man who can make people do whatever he wants, Luke has dealt with experiments that turned him into an unbreakable juggarnaut; and their both having trouble believing in the Hand:gucci:

Whenever they tell someone "this will sound crazy" after dealing with an alien invasion, Ultron destroying a country, inhumans popping up everywhere. :dead:

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Jessica Jones series was good.

SOLID villain doing REAL evil things.

Jessica Jones supporting cast was good, introduced Hellcat, Duke, and Luke Cage.

Iron Fist series was AWFUL.

They kept having LONG BOARD MEETINGS scenes.

Weak villains. Bakuto n the blond old cac

Wack special effects

BARELY ANY KUNG-FU/KARATE FIGHTS WHICH IS DUMB, BECAUSE KUNG-FU IS A HUGE PART OF IRON FIST, THATS LIKE MAKING A PUNISHER SHOW WIT NO GUNS

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Jessica Jones series was good.

SOLID villain doing REAL evil things.

Jessica Jones supporting cast was good, introduced Hellcat, Duke, and Luke Cage.

Iron Fist series was AWFUL.

They kept having LONG BOARD MEETINGS scenes.

Weak villains. Bakuto n the blond old cac

Wack special effects

BARELY ANY KUNG-FU/KARATE FIGHTS WHICH IS DUMB, BECAUSE KUNG-FU IS A HUGE PART OF IRON FIST, THATS LIKE MAKING A PUNISHER SHOW WIT NO GUNS
Solid? For Purple man? Tough crowd. I thought he cottonmouth, Redford and now vulture have been the only villains worth a damn in the MCU

Conz

Superstar
Daps
don't deny D'nofrio, Kingpin was also really good. These shows outside of DDS1 (which has plenty of down time) and part of Luke Cage have been carried by the "bad guys" even dude who played Ward was the best character on IF.

I need Madame Gao to get the fukk out already. not done wit this so i'm hoping she bites it, but watching her "fight" is comical and she's just such an ugly woman I'm sick of looking at her

FlyGuy

pimp of the year
Daps
Reppin
tropicana
If Netflix gets rid of IF in their universe I will stop watching

Danny just needs to come across more people in the real world and actually build with them. He'll mature.

It won't fix that face Finn Jones makes every time he wants to convey seriousness though

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If Netflix gets rid of IF in their universe I will stop watching

Danny just needs to come across more people in the real world and actually build with them. He'll mature.

It won't fix that face Finn Jones makes every time he wants to convey seriousness though

He always looks constipated