Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Also regardless how I feel about his martial arts skills I would love to see a heroes for hire series now. Mike and Finn have great chemistry together. Give me that and a daughters of the dragon series and I may faint

Nah fukk that. Keep Luke in Harlem. He's got the best cast of secondary characters of all the shows and fakkit Fist has the WORST

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah fukk that. Keep Luke in Harlem. He's got the best cast of secondary characters of all the shows and fakkit Fist has the WORST

They work together man. They really have a good chemistry and I smiled seeing them together. Heroes for hire could be ill :manny:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished it and it was aight

The fight scenes were trash in the last fight

What I enjoyed most was the character interactions mainly DD, luke and Jessica

Danny was fukin annoying :hhh: he continues to be trash even when the plot is centered around him def gon skip IF S2

and how was Electra so strong all they did was resurrect her:dahell_katt: she wasnt all that in DD

They didn't just resurrect her, she was the Black Sky, which is basically the ultimate weapon of the hand.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless he was lying to Luke while he was tied up to boost his stats. He said he plunged his fist into the Dragon and defeated it...

He said the same thing during his own series, but it just dawned on me that we never actually see that shyt. Davos just finds him knocked the fukk out near the cave entrance with the brand on his chest. Danny knows what the Iron Fist is supposed to do because he was told what he was supposed to do.

This could be a way for them to write Finn Jones out of the show. Bring in Shang Chi as the new Iron Fist :win:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The fighting with Cage and JJ is pretty much what it should be. Jessica can't fight for shyt, she just happens to have super strength. Luke has some basic fighting skills but he holds back so as not to kill anybody.

Aluminum Fist is why there's all those cuts. He also slows down the overall fight choreography because he's a few steps slower than everyone else.

I don't think the budget was a much of an issue either. It's not like the characters they're using have flashy powers. It's just super strength and a glowing fist. They were just weren't being as creative as they could with things. Look at some of the fights in Luke Cage and compare how his super strength is used there compared to Defenders.

Ehh, the fighting with Cage is just uninspired for me. He's still a guy who was a bare knuckle boxing "champ" in prison. So against the cronies, there'd be actual fun opportunities to have him look more like Mike Tyson in there. And vs Elektra or that Japanese guy, that would give a chance for a stylistic change of pace (even if he ends up "outclassed" by them) to see him bob, weave and throw combos knowing he got that KO power. Like the black dude vs Jet Li in Kiss of the Dragon.

As it is, sure they can get away with him just standing still and 2 hand pushing mfers away but that shyt just gets boring. I felt the same in Cage s1 but the first two big set pieces (the hallway scene rendition, and the prison boxing flashback) did make it easier to roll with. Plus I was more engaged in the plot, but overall i wasn't a fan of the fight scenes there either or in JJs1... but I accepted it as these actors are there to act, not fight, no stunt doubles (like in DD), and the budget dictates you can't have them jumping 30 feet in the air at will (on screen) or launching everyone they come across 10 feet back.

I got nothing good to say about Danny Rand one way or another.