Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

Daps
Hell NO you dont dump sir Lara's gay ass wooden acting on Luke Cage. Luke Cage's section of Harlem is PERFECT as is, with a lot of potential for dynamic stories if they bring back Alfre Woodard's character.

Iron Fist should either be a Defenders only hero (the way Hawkeye is in Avengers) or they should double down on a season 2 and actually get a competent writer and showrunner and by GOD put Sir Laras in a 12 month training regiment so that he actually LOOKS like he could hold his own in a fight
Or swap actors and get a legitimate better martial arts actor.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I think with iron fist watch from the RZA episode to episode 12 and that's probably going tie most explicitly to the defenders

I like a lot of the side characters in iron fist Colleen , Bakudo, gao, Claire all out act and out fight finn

I think Luke cage got the most realistic secondary character except for his weirdo ass brother -growing up in the Bronx and Harlem they felt like people I could meet

Daredevil secondary characters are either fire (Stick;Punisher Electkra ) or too whiny Froggy ; the girl from true blood

but Iron fist the characters besides the mechums are all a good mixed between realistic and heighten comic book style

Last edited:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I thought Elektra died in season 2

The hand has learned to conquer death - they have a machine that makes you unkillable - You do not age from the point of your first death - but on iron fist - every time you die you get more evil / violent

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

The hand has learned to conquer death - they have a machine that makes you unkillable - You do not age from the point of your first death - but on iron fist - every time you die you get more evil / violent

You have to believe the evil violent parts will have an affect on Electra right?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It's interesting someone mentioned Iron Fist was rushed. Because contractually, Netflix was obligated to put out the Defenders by a certain deadline. I think they were shocked in a good way, how huge the response was for DAREDEVIL season 1. Which made them schedule a 2nd season before they probably planned. I think originally they were going to put out DD 1, JJ 1, LC 1, and IF 1. But they didn't want to stop the DareDevil train. Which put them off course scheduling wise. And then you had the Punisher crush the buildings. So I could conceivably believe Iron Fist got rushed.

I'm just wondering what do you do with Iron Fist now? Everyone is getting a second season, and Daredevil is getting a 3rd season. And then you have the Punisher coming as well. Do you just dump Iron Fist in Luke Cage's series and make it Heroes for Hire? Will be interesting to see how they handle Iron Fist.

They definitely will merge some of these shows. I think Iron Fist gets a second, but they go Heroes for Hire/Daughters of the Dragon for Luke Cage & Iron Fist's 3rd. They can't keep all of these shows, unless they separate them completely. I think it ends up:

Daredevil
Heroes for Hire (Cage, Iron Fist, Misty, Colleen, Shang Chi) - I think Defenders only gets one and will be used as a jumping point
Jessica Jones - Either she stays solo with the rest merging, or she moves into Luke Cage and Heroes for Hire is DoD & Iron Fist
Punisher - don't think Castle lasts for more than 2
And whoever is next up. Moon Knight? Echo?

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's ridiculous to think there isn't a Heroes for Hire series in the pipeline. In the grand scheme of things not sure if it's worth it to give both LC & IF their own shows.

Luke Cage already proved he can carry his own show. There's still a lot more than can do with him as a character.

Iron Fist definitely flopped though. I don't like the idea of Luke basically having to carry this wack as version of Danny Rand.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the best marvel netflix series? I watched JJ but that wasn't for me

It depends entirely on what your particular tastes are and which character you're most fond of....

Iron Fist is by far the worst show though. There were a few people trying to defend that bullshyt show early on but, nah, that shyt is awful.

Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones are probably about the same overall quality wise. People just get more mileage out of the show depending on how much the lead character or overall story speaks to them. That's why the shows biggest fans see a split down racial and gender lines.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It depends entirely on what you're particular tastes are and which character you're most fond of....

Iron Fist is by far the worst show though. There were a few people trying to defend that bullshyt show early on but, nah, that shyt is awful.

Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones are probably about the same overall quality wise. People just get more mileage out of the show depending on how much the lead character or overall story speaks to them. That's why the shows biggest fans see a split down racial and gender lines.
This is true. DD LC JJ each speak very well to their racial/gender demographic while still keeping it entertaining for everyone else, despite whatever flaws.

Whereas with Iron Fist, I don't see why a white male would even care for him or his subpar show when Daredevil does a better job across the board. If they had to throw together another white guy on the team, I think ppl would've been more hyped if they'd got Punisher (even if his style may not fit). And I still maintain it'd have made more sense if they'd made a Shang Chi show and have him be the last Defender.