Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
My personal theory is that Netflix desperately wanted to put the Defenders out and Iron Fist got rushed as a result :yeshrug:

Yeah I have the same theory. Especially because Iron Fist looked like it was in limbo for a minute then those rumors started that it wasn't going to happen at all, etc and then there are things like Finn Jones saying he had no time to rehearse the martial art scenes and shyt like that. just makes me go :jbhmm:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I'm not talking about what fans wanted
You are saying IF was rushed, usually that implies work that was done hastily to meet a deadline, no? My point is as there was no fan demand for him like that netflix/marvel had all the time in the world to get it right.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are saying IF was rushed, usually that implies work that was done hastily to meet a deadline, no? My point is as there was no fan demand for him like that netflix/marvel had all the time in the world to get it right.

But if they wanted to put the Defenders out and Punisher wasn't in their plans to be the 4th then I think it's not unrealistic that they would want to hurry and introduce him to complete the team

Again, this is all speculation :yeshrug:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's interesting someone mentioned Iron Fist was rushed. Because contractually, Netflix was obligated to put out the Defenders by a certain deadline. I think they were shocked in a good way, how huge the response was for DAREDEVIL season 1. Which made them schedule a 2nd season before they probably planned. I think originally they were going to put out DD 1, JJ 1, LC 1, and IF 1. But they didn't want to stop the DareDevil train. Which put them off course scheduling wise. And then you had the Punisher crush the buildings. So I could conceivably believe Iron Fist got rushed.

I'm just wondering what do you do with Iron Fist now? Everyone is getting a second season, and Daredevil is getting a 3rd season. And then you have the Punisher coming as well. Do you just dump Iron Fist in Luke Cage's series and make it Heroes for Hire? Will be interesting to see how they handle Iron Fist.