Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's interesting someone mentioned Iron Fist was rushed. Because contractually, Netflix was obligated to put out the Defenders by a certain deadline. I think they were shocked in a good way, how huge the response was for DAREDEVIL season 1. Which made them schedule a 2nd season before they probably planned. I think originally they were going to put out DD 1, JJ 1, LC 1, and IF 1. But they didn't want to stop the DareDevil train. Which put them off course scheduling wise. And then you had the Punisher crush the buildings. So I could conceivably believe Iron Fist got rushed.

I'm just wondering what do you do with Iron Fist now? Everyone is getting a second season, and Daredevil is getting a 3rd season. And then you have the Punisher coming as well. Do you just dump Iron Fist in Luke Cage's series and make it Heroes for Hire? Will be interesting to see how they handle Iron Fist.

Hell NO you dont dump sir Lara's gay ass wooden acting on Luke Cage. Luke Cage's section of Harlem is PERFECT as is, with a lot of potential for dynamic stories if they bring back Alfre Woodard's character.

Iron Fist should either be a Defenders only hero (the way Hawkeye is in Avengers) or they should double down on a season 2 and actually get a competent writer and showrunner and by GOD put Sir Laras in a 12 month training regiment so that he actually LOOKS like he could hold his own in a fight

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Hell NO you dont dump sir Lara's gay ass wooden acting on Luke Cage. Luke Cage's section of Harlem is PERFECT as is, with a lot of potential for dynamic stories if they bring back Alfre Woodard's character.

Iron Fist should either be a Defenders only hero (the way Hawkeye is in Avengers) or a shoauld double down on a season 2 and actually get a competent writer and showrunner and by GOD put Sir Laras in a 12 month training regiment so that he actually LOOKS like he could hold his own in a fight[/QUOTE]

This^^ Netflix has to double down on Iron fist, but with better writing and practice. Based on season 1, it really looked like Daredevil would've kicked Iron fist ass, and that's not good.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps

Iron Fist should either be a Defenders only hero (the way Hawkeye is in Avengers) or they should double down on a season 2 and actually get a competent writer and showrunner and by GOD put Sir Laras in a 12 month training regiment so that he actually LOOKS like he could hold his own in a fight

They should make RZA and whoever did the escape the base episode co-show runners.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Dumping Ironfist season 1 showrunner and picking up someone who actually appreciates his comics is the first thing that needs to be done.
All they had to do was adapt Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker's run and set the whole show on Kun Lunn but nope more hand and woat fighting scenes with plots that don't make sense :stopitslime:

Defenders trailer looks good :ehh:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
It's interesting someone mentioned Iron Fist was rushed. Because contractually, Netflix was obligated to put out the Defenders by a certain deadline. I think they were shocked in a good way, how huge the response was for DAREDEVIL season 1. Which made them schedule a 2nd season before they probably planned. I think originally they were going to put out DD 1, JJ 1, LC 1, and IF 1. But they didn't want to stop the DareDevil train. Which put them off course scheduling wise. And then you had the Punisher crush the buildings. So I could conceivably believe Iron Fist got rushed.

I'm just wondering what do you do with Iron Fist now? Everyone is getting a second season, and Daredevil is getting a 3rd season. And then you have the Punisher coming as well. Do you just dump Iron Fist in Luke Cage's series and make it Heroes for Hire? Will be interesting to see how they handle Iron Fist.
Just kill his character off in at the end of the Defenders. I think that's the best solution.

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
What's the best marvel netflix series? I watched JJ but that wasn't for me