Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) NO OPEN SPOILERS

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Those things can be cool if you can use your spider-man powers to your advantage. I don’t want to play walking sections or mini-games as miles and peter as just normal people.

Tailor the sandbox around being a super hero, what would you do if you were spider-man or had his powers?
They had the right idea with being able to take pictures with civilians. More simple stuff like that wouldn't hurt especially if it's optional.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Those things can be cool if you can use your spider-man powers to your advantage. I don’t want to play walking sections or mini-games as miles and peter as just normal people.

Tailor the sandbox around being a super hero, what would you do if you were spider-man or had his powers?

On the one hand, they're street-level heroes, it's kind of inevitable that there'd be side missions/content to help make them more relatable. On the other hand, how they pull that off needs addressing.

What I absolutely don't want is non-hero sneak missions like that MJ garbage or the Miles variant.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
You got a lot of potential minigames/side content that could fit the Spidey lore:
  • Pizza delivery
  • Streetball (Miles)
  • Photography (Peter)
  • Graffity (Miles)
  • Tech-related shyt since they keep on building robots
  • Web stunts and tricks on famous landmarks (could make a whole competition between Peter and Miles out of it, try to pull specific tricky stunts in particular places)
And overall just more place for interaction with the citizens whether in secondary quests or rescuing them from a crime
Sounds like busy work to pad the run-time of the game. I've never been a fan of adding side activates just for the sake of having side shyt.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Sounds like busy work to pad the run-time of the game. I've never been a fan of adding side activates just for the sake of having side shyt.

The good thing about side activities is that they're optional and you don't have to do them.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
The good thing about side activities is that they're optional and you don't have to do them.
It's fine when they're completely optional. However, a lot of games have ways that kinda force you to do em, like lock cool features/moves that you want behind these side activities, or the side activities are the only way to level up so that you aren't under-leveled on your main missions.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The best thing they can do for spider-man is have continuous, on-going sidequest featuring prominent villains and side characters along with random events like arkham. No more random goons robbing banks, make it mysterio missions, shocker hideouts, maybe bring in some non-spider-man characters like they did with taskmaster. And make the stories intersting self contained comic stories within themselves.

Make spider-man more like witcher where people have problems and you solve them and get good world building and lore.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
I disagree. I think side content elevates a game when it's well done. They didn't have to put a photo mode that elaborated in the first two games and it ended up making up a significant amount of my hours in the game. Adding a Daily Bugles side narrative/objectives around that seems like a layup to me

If it's fun and optional, no reason not to :yeshrug:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
The best thing they can do for spider-man is have continuous, on-going sidequest featuring prominent villains and side characters along with random events like arkham. No more random goons robbing banks, make it mysterio missions, shocker hideouts, maybe bring in some non-spider-man characters like they did with taskmaster. And make the stories intersting self contained comic stories within themselves.

Make spider-man more like witcher where people have problems and you solve them and get good world building and lore.
They had that in the first one with Tombstone for example and it was among the best sidecontent in the game.

Thing is it would require more varied gameplay to remain interesting. If it's only ass-beating, it'll get tiring quick.

I keep saying they have untapped opportunities with stealth when it comes to Spidey powers. Dynamic puzzles too. Make the player have to web up specific points to prevent a building from crumbling, or have to choose the right escape out of a building on fire with somebody on their back, or have to disarm bombs in different parts of the city with a timer (could even use that as an opportunity to make both Pete and Miles collaborate), Idk.

I feel like there is so much thing they could do.

Best random event in the first game was the bomb disarming missions where it mixed swinging to high points, neutralizing snipers, doing a lab puzzle, all that while being timed.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I hope it’s more Miles Morales and less Spider-Man 1. The first game felt like a chore a lot of the times. Like I hated playing it 50% of the time. With Miles Morales, I enjoyed pretty much all of it. Venom powers were a great addition.

fukk stealth missions though. I absolutely hated them in Spider-Man and Miles Morales.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I hope it’s more Miles Morales and less Spider-Man 1. The first game felt like a chore a lot of the times. Like I hated playing it 50% of the time. With Miles Morales, I enjoyed pretty much all of it. Venom powers were a great addition.

fukk stealth missions though. I absolutely hated them in Spider-Man and Miles Morales.
I only had issues with the stealth missions when it came to gameplay in the first one.

But I agree, it was hard to want to go back to playing Peter after playing Miles Morales. :banderas:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Best way for stealth is it should be optional. Some who prefer stealth can beat a mission that way and others prefer straight whooping ass:hubie:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Best way for stealth is it should be optional. Some who prefer stealth can beat a mission that way and others prefer straight whooping ass:hubie:

that’d be dope…same way they made the puzzles optional which made it easier to replay the game and skip all that shyt…what’s crazy is I started off not doing a lot of the side missions on my 2nd playthrough but swinging around the city is so fun that I said fukk it…stayed in the same costume the whole time too so that wasn’t an incentive this time around…just liked swinging around and getting more fluid with the movements

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Clearing them damn hideouts and getting my ass folded by them nikkas who could snatch you out the air with them whips used to piss me off so much :snoop:
I 100% agree. I still don't know how to effectively block their whips

What pissed me off about spider-man 1 was them putting enemies with bats/crowbars, who you have to uppercut, next to heavies who you have to web, next to normals. I'm like, come on. This was clearly set up to just be annoying :stopitslime: Not to mention the jet pack a$$holes, but you could just quickly zip to them on a web

In Miles Morales, you can just venom power everybody except for the shield guys, which you are basically forced to avoid until last because it takes too long to pull their shields off and you get shot or hit in the process. It was an annoyance, but nothing like Spider-man 1.