Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) NO OPEN SPOILERS

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I 100% agree. I still don't know how to effectively block their whips

What pissed me off about spider-man 1 was them putting enemies with bats/crowbars, who you have to uppercut, next to heavies who you have to web, next to normals. I'm like, come on. This was clearly set up to just be annoying :stopitslime: Not to mention the jet pack a$$holes, but you could just quickly zip to them on a web

In Miles Morales, you can just venom power everybody except for the shield guys, which you are basically forced to avoid until last because it takes too long to pull their shields off and you get shot or hit in the process. It was an annoyance, but nothing like Spider-man 1.

Timing + Spidey-gadgets mixed in with the combos.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Movie games :blessed:

70d713749bc1507a7d0eb610602f26ec.gif

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
People say the combat is simple but there is definitely a rhythm to it. It’s easy to get your ass kicked at higher difficulties
The combat is ridiculously deep. Just watching some vids with how some of thesr players pull off some 500+ combo type stuff has me like:ohhh:I NEVER thought of using this gadget like that:wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The combat is ridiculously deep. Just watching some vids with how some of thesr players pull off some 500+ combo type stuff has me like:ohhh:I NEVER thought of using this gadget like that:wow:

Yeah, those high string combos and never getting hit…the last time i played Miles i was getting my ass kicked in those warehouses

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: While I’m tired of the Arkham like combat. I get that it works for this type of game. Especially for a mainstream audience. I’m more of a character action type of guy. But my main problem with the combat is. The punch feedback, Spidey feels like his punching wet towels. Especially if you played the Arkham series. Punching someone as the Bat feels great. I still think the Arkham series especially Knight. Combat wise is still shytting on Spideys. But that was Insomniac’s first go at a Spider-Man game. Plus if you really wanted to. You could argue that Spidey punches feels weak. Because he’s pulling them, and that’s in character.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:yeshrug: While I’m tired of the Arkham like combat. I get that it works for this type of game. Especially for a mainstream audience. I’m more of a character action type of guy. But my main problem with the combat is. The punch feedback, Spidey feels like his punching wet towels. Especially if you played the Arkham series. Punching someone as the Bat feels great. I still think the Arkham series especially Knight. Combat wise is still shytting on Spideys. But that was Insomniac’s first go at a Spider-Man game. Plus if you really wanted to. You could argue that Spidey punches feels weak. Because he’s pulling them, and that’s in character.

Late game arkham combat gets frustrating and tedious but i agree with mostly everything else. I think the goal of spider-man is to make him appear nimble and agile, less strong.

Thats how the movies are, people never think of spider-man as being super strong but he can literally hold collapsing bridges together. I saw a comic where goblin or someone took over his body and knocked vultures jaw off by accident.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Late game arkham combat gets frustrating and tedious but i agree with mostly everything else. I think the goal of spider-man is to make him appear nimble and agile, less strong.

Thats how the movies are, people never think of spider-man as being super strong but he can literally hold collapsing bridges together. I saw a comic where goblin or someone took over his body and knocked vultures jaw off by accident.
:russ: Yeah that was the Superior Spider-Man run. Where Dr.Ock took over Peter’s body. And quickly finds out that Peter been. Holding back his entire career as Spider-Man. Peter could’ve been ended their shyt lol.
ZVOAfnE-DQsL7NbxAqfMSZqEMPESJHsx5_z8AbzuZ3A.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:russ: Yeah that was the Superior Spider-Man run. Where Dr.Ock took over Peter’s body. And quickly finds out that Peter been. Holding back his entire career as Spider-Man. Peter could’ve been ended their shyt lol.
ZVOAfnE-DQsL7NbxAqfMSZqEMPESJHsx5_z8AbzuZ3A.jpg

Yeah, thats the one. Spider-man is essentially play fighting with these nikkas :heh:

And thats how the symbiote originally worked, it didn’t make him stronger it just made him hold back less.