Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) NO OPEN SPOILERS

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
can somebody explain to me why these spiderman games dont use true to comics venom instead of movie style venom? Classic and OG Venom is a webslinger. Even in his most hulkish forms he still webslings. Whats with the Ultimate Venom/movie style jumping around not using any of spiderman’s powers? shyt is trash.
I feel like that changed with venom over the years. I don’t stay up to date with everything but the comics I’ve seen him in in recent years doesn’t have him mimicking spider-man as much

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Finished the story yesterday great game and story. Whoever voiced Venom was amazing in this. Miles new costume is DOODOO and fukk both Sony and Adidas for that shyt ass sponsored fit. Negative drip. They need to tweak the gameplay and the parry mechanic. Too many times where shyt was super chaotic on the screen. Overall good game. Costumes in this game solid. Just happy they finally gave me my Superior Spider-Man costume

Superior Spider-Fred

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I feel like that changed with venom over the years. I don’t stay up to date with everything but the comics I’ve seen him in in recent years doesn’t have him mimicking spider-man as much

I disagree with this. Most people who have the venon symbiote suit usually websling. Scorpion, flash thompson, etc they all websling. I feel like sony is doing this to make this venom similar to the movie venom.

The jumping around like hulk instead of web-slinging is not the normal for the character.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Finished the story yesterday great game and story. Whoever voiced Venom was amazing in this. Miles new costume is DOODOO and fukk both Sony and Adidas for that shyt ass sponsored fit. Negative drip. They need to tweak the gameplay and the parry mechanic. Too many times where shyt was super chaotic on the screen. Overall good game. Costumes in this game solid. Just happy they finally gave me my Superior Spider-Man costume

Superior Spider-Fred
giphy.webp

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
I disagree with this. Most people who have the venon symbiote suit usually websling. Scorpion, flash thompson, etc they all websling. I feel like sony is doing this to make this venom similar to the movie venom.

The jumping around like hulk instead of web-slinging is not the normal for the character.
He's still slinging, it's just black and not white. Makes sense since the web fluid is made in a lab. Not like the Symbiote makes its own web fluid.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

He jumped around in ultimate spider-man also

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
He's still slinging, it's just black and not white. Makes sense since the web fluid is made in a lab. Not like the Symbiote makes its own web fluid.

I know about black webs but Im up to the part right after Peter fights Scream. He hasnt webslinged(any kind of web)yet. Just jumps around like hulk and uses symbiote tentacles.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
He jumped around in ultimate spider-man also
Keyword, “Ultimate” . Assume i know the history of the character for a second. In most adaptations of the character, regardless of who wears the suit, he web slings. From the comics to tv shows. Like i said, i think sony is doing this to make the movie venom seem accurate, or to match that version of venom.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Keyword, “Ultimate” . Assume i know the history of the character for a second. In most adaptations of the character, regardless of who wears the suit, he web slings. From the comics to tv shows. Like i said, i think sony is doing this to make the movie venom seem accurate, or to match that version of venom.

You might be right as far as the comics go. I just haven’t really seen a lot of instances where Insomniac are really trying to tie the game into any of the movie lore. Kraven, Lizard, Shocker, Rhino, etc. are all extremely different from their film counterparts.

And it can’t just be the excuse that venom is a popular film series because Kraven is getting his own solo also and i doubt he’s gonna be as OP in that movie as he is in this game

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
You might be right as far as the comics go. I just haven’t really seen a lot of instances where Insomniac are really trying to tie the game into any of the movie lore. Kraven, Lizard, Shocker, Rhino, etc. are all extremely different from their film counterparts.

And it can’t just be the excuse that venom is a popular film series because Kraven is getting his own solo also and i doubt he’s gonna be as OP in that movie as he is in this game
He better be as OP. Imagine playing this, waiting months, and then getting some weak ass, PG-13 ass Kraven.