Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) NO OPEN SPOILERS

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I rarely used jumping when fighting, so I forgot about it.

They need to make parrying smoother to go into, it would make the game easier, but the way they did it in this game is bad.

I do agree it does make the game a lot more fun, but at the same time it’s the worst thing about the game because they didn’t do it right.
I did it on accident forgetting it was an alternative to parry once, and started leaning on it, but the From Software fan in my head gave me the :ufdup: and I forced myself to try to get it :francis:definitely makes a difference as it staggers em vs jumping being more mobile, so there’s pluses and minuses.

I don’t remember where I read it, but I agreed they should have kept all indicators on Spider-Man imo. The parry icon being on the enemy does nothing when the mf ain’t on the screen

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
You know what I love about the boss battles in this?

In a lot of video games, you can't really play against bosses in a fun way

They typically don't have the same hit stun detection as regular enemies so oftentimes its kinda just wailing on the boss while they stand there like 😐 waiting to do their big attack that you have to dodge. There's no real hit detection or impact behind your attacks.

In Spider Man 2 bosses are still bosses, but if you dodge correctly and most importantly utilize the parry, you have your opening and you can do your attacks and they actually hit with some weight behind it.

Like special attacks and burst moves and gadgets are still effective.

I feel these guys have found that balance between boss fights still being challenging but still letting you play the game somewhat traditionally where your abilities still function and that's awesome.

I'm about 85% done. This game is UNBELIEVABLE. Whoever over at IGN that gave this an 8 out of 10 should be drug tested.

This shyt is PEAK gaming.

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
You know what I love about the boss battles in this?

In a lot of video games, you can't really play against bosses in a fun way

They typically don't have the same hit stun detection as regular enemies so oftentimes its kinda just wailing on the boss while they stand there like 😐 waiting to do their big attack that you have to dodge. There's no real hit detection or impact behind your attacks.

In Spider Man 2 bosses are still bosses, but if you dodge correctly and most importantly utilize the parry, you have your opening and you can do your attacks and they actually hit with some weight behind it.

Like special attacks and burst moves and gadgets are still effective.

I feel these guys have found that balance between boss fights still being challenging but still letting you play the game somewhat traditionally where your abilities still function and that's awesome.

I'm about 85% done. This game is UNBELIEVABLE. Whoever over at IGN that gave this an 8 out of 10 should be drug tested.

This shyt is PEAK gaming.
That was nice. Makes your kit actually useful vs bosses to an extent. Can drown them all in sticky goo.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
can somebody explain to me why these spiderman games dont use true to comics venom instead of movie style venom? Classic and OG Venom is a webslinger. Even in his most hulkish forms he still webslings. Whats with the Ultimate Venom/movie style jumping around not using any of spiderman’s powers? shyt is trash.