Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (PS5) NO OPEN SPOILERS

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Replaying miles, i hope they do a lot to improve upon the core systems, the swinging and fighting are good in the original spider-man but you can see it kind of getting stale halfway into miles.

They need to add a few more mechanics into the swinging to make it feel faster, more weighty, and give it more momentum. I even thought about giving it fail states, like you take damage if you just let yourself fall to the ground without any recovery maneuvers. It will make pulling off successful swinging feel more rewarding. Maybe perfectly time hitting walls so you can do tricks off them.

The fighting im sure they can improve on, im not really sure how. I guess thats up for Insomniac to figure out.

Its not like you can give spider-man a lot of new gadgets and stuff like batman, theres no bat-mobile or anything. Pete has the doc oc arms and miles has his electric but im interested in seeing what else they can outside of the obvious symbiote which i kinda dont think will be in free roam.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Replaying miles, i hope they do a lot to improve upon the core systems, the swinging and fighting are good in the original spider-man but you can see it kind of getting stale halfway into miles.

They need to add a few more mechanics into the swinging to make it feel faster, heavier, and give it more momentum. I even thought about giving it fail states, like you take damage if you just let yourself fall to the ground without any recovery maneuvers. It will make pulling off successful swinging feel more rewarding. Maybe perfectly time hitting walls so you can do tricks off them.

The fighting im sure they can improve on, im not really sure how. I guess thats up for Insomniac to figure out.

Its not like you can give spider-man a lot of new gadgets and stuff like batman, theres no bat-mobile or anything. Pete has the doc oc arms and miles has his electric but im interested in seeing what else they can outside of the obvious symbiote which i kinda dont think will be in free roam.

it takes longer for things to pick up in miles combat-wise…idk if this was done on purpose to reflect that he’s new to this whereas with the other spider-man his fighting is solid/confident off rip…it’s for that reason why I enjoyed it more than MM…but MM got fun toward the end…I played all games and the DLC back-to-back in the weirdest order…I played MM…then immediately played the remastered joint…then I played part 3 of the DLC thinking I’d be in jeopardy of getting burned out…but ended up playing part 2 and then finally part 1 lol…it was my 2nd time playing both games to completion…I absolutely cannot wait for spider-man 2 :blessed:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Saw a twitter conversation where they were discussing how venom killed miles' mom in the ultimate comics and how they want it to happen in this game so this can be the darkest sequel possible:hhh:
the difference is in the comic his dad was still alive. why do we have to orphan this kid?

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Saw a twitter conversation where they were discussing how venom killed miles' mom in the ultimate comics and how they want it to happen in this game so this can be the darkest sequel possible:hhh:
the difference is in the comic his dad was still alive. why do we have to orphan this kid?
Miles was orphaned for a lil while in the comics too. Shortly after his mom died, his dad ran away when he found out that Miles was Spider-Man (his dad hated superheroes at the time. It's weird that they dropped that characterization of his dad)

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Miles was orphaned for a lil while in the comics too. Shortly after his mom died, his dad ran away when he found out that Miles was Spider-Man (his dad hated superheroes at the time. It's weird that they dropped that characterization of his dad)

Thought it would have created an emotional and interesting dynamic if Miles' mom instead detested superheroes and was given reason to somewhat blame the death of his father on Spider-Man. Would have been a emotional conflict given her love for Miles, the ignorance of who he was, and the fact she is in political office. The trials and tribulations of Spider-Man are as much about what he faces when he's not wearing the mask as it is what he experiences when wearing it.

I don't like how Miles' mom and half of Harlem are already aware of his identity, either. Given how flippant Marvel has been in general about exposing his identity to the world and his loved ones in the last decade or so, I honestly don't even get why Spider-Man wears a mask anymore. From the films to the games, it's the worst kept secret in the genre.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Thought it would have created an emotional and interesting dynamic if Miles' mom instead detested superheroes and was given reason to somewhat blame the death of his father on Spider-Man. Would have been a emotional conflict given her love for Miles, the ignorance of who he was, and the fact she is in political office. The trials and tribulations of Spider-Man are as much about what he faces when he's not wearing the mask as it is what he experiences when wearing it
For that very same reason, is why I wished they kept that hating superheroes characterization for his dad. I think the only reason they didn't stay with it is because they didn't want to be accused of pushing the deadbeat black father stereotype.
But yeah, with Rio being a politician, it would have been very interesting if she hated heroes and blamed Spider-Man for Jefferson's death

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
For that very same reason, is why I wished they kept that hating superheroes characterization for his dad. I think the only reason they didn't stay with it is because they didn't want to be accused of pushing the deadbeat black father stereotype.
But yeah, with Rio being a politician, it would have been very interesting if she hated heroes and blamed Spider-Man for Jefferson's death

Well, his father and his uncle fell out when he found out what he was doing, even though its criminal it seems like some of that was still there