Marvels next three movies will start there decline?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Normally after an event like End Game, the entire franchise gracefully bows out and rides off into the sunset.

And all we're left with is memories and nostalgia.

In this case we're getting more movies for the foreseeable future exploring new characters and stories. And the first thing people want to talk about is if they will fail :russ;

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It won't fail, but I know that without Ryan Coogler or the Russo Bros, it will be underwhelming. Like, I didn't miss a thing skipping Captain Marvel or Antman 2. The quality will take a hit, for sure.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
In Feige I trust. Sure, some movies will be misses. Every movie can’t be on some Endgame level shyt. Everyone is riding the Russo Brothers now, but remember who they were before Winter Soldier? So I have no reason to worry about what the future holds. I’m just in it for the ride.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
:russell: people thought Antman and Dr Strange were going to be major flops yet they were very successful and both are now beloved characters.

Even if these upcoming movies don't top the phase 3 success it doesn't matter. Marvel already made its mark in history. They can just relax now if they want to.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
:russell: people thought Antman and Dr Strange were going to be major flops yet they were very successful and both are now beloved characters.

Even if these upcoming movies don't top the phase 3 success it doesn't matter. Marvel already made its mark in history. They can just relax now if they want to.

It's just some undercover DC Snyder Stans just trying to start shyt.

Daps
truthfully I'm not hyped to see any of it. :yeshrug:

And I don't like the agenda they trying to push:yeshrug:
I will never understand the amount of hate diversity gets on TheColi. Yall hate our society of rich whites running everything, but soon as a woman, gay, asian, hispanic, etc gets shine for a movie its an agenda

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Smh how many years y'all nikkaz been saying this?

Seems like a version of this thread is made after every other movie :pachaha:

"I've never heard of GotG..."

"I could never get into Carol Danvers..."

:russell:

Up next: "Shang Chi and the lgbt Eternal will ruin the next Avenger's movie like Carol is gonna ruin End Game"

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I am hoping these movies do well but I am a bit apprehensive.

I have always felt Black widow needed a movie but Marvel might have waited too long to finally pull the trigger on it.

Shang Chi has me worried because the director they chose has nothing in his background that leads me to believe he can pull off a martial arts movie and it bothers me that they went with the cheap neophyte director instead of tapping someone with a track record in this genre. Imagine if they had hired someone along the lines of Zhang Yimou, Gareth Evans, Prachya Pinkaew or Chad Stahelski.

And I am cautiously optimistic about The Eternals for the same reason...they hired an indie director with a penchant to make very intimate and small (even for arthouse) movies but nothing about anything Chloe Zao has ever done instills confidence in me that she is the right person for this type of movie. Plus there seems to be a perception that Marvel is rushing The Eternals to try and beat Ava Duvernay's New Gods movie to theaters.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I will never understand the amount of hate diversity gets on TheColi. Yall hate our society of rich whites running everything, but soon as a woman, gay, asian, hispanic, etc gets shine for a movie its an agenda
Kinda makes you think huh?
:okmarvelmelo:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The next phase might start slow, because it will be alot of origin movies similiar to the original slew of MCU movies, (Thor, Hulk, Cap)
But people doubting Shang Chi are in for shock. That film will probably do the biggest numbers ever overseas. and top 1.5 billion globally.

Black Widows movie is basically going to be Captain: Winter Soldier part 2, so while it probably won't earn a billion i think critically it will be lauded as one of the best movies in the mcu. Eternals might struggle.They expect every cosmic adventure to be funny and fun now so if it isn't as goofy as Guardians and tries to do something different people will complain. But if it is goofy people will call it a clone.

The sequels and fox characters is really what people are looking forward to the most, BP2, DS2, Far from Home, Guardians 3 FF4, X-menetc.
Black Panther 2 looks like it may be the first to check off both categories.
In End Game Okoye mentions an underwater earthquake near Wakanda. Obvious reference that Namor will factor into Black Panther 2. Which means FF4 and their rogues gallery will be the first new Properties to be intergrated into the MCU after the merger.

So if there is a decline it will be brief before reaching even higher heights.