Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Another thing thats strange bout this is for all the jokes and bright scenes the shyt is type dark. Like the mutiny just pluckin nikkas into cold space then yondu murdering the rest in cool slow mo. Just because theres no blood my son old enough to know a flying dart to the heart is a ticket to heaven or hell. Yondu gettin robot pu$$y at the space brothel and foulest of all is what them nikkas did to baby groot. Dressed that nikka up got him drunk then kicked his ass around while laughing. That aint groot

:mjcry:
I'm glad Baby Groot threw him to his death punk ass bytch pouring alcohol on baby Groot :mjcry::pacspit::camby:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Ehhh

I loved part 1. It's one of my fav movies to watch

This was just ok by comparison

I give it 6.5/10

Maybe I'll like it more after watching it a few more times

Reading through the comments some people think this was straight comedy
:rudy:

I might have chuckled once or twice through the whole thing.. not nearly as funny as some make it out to be.. But it is comedic for whatever that's worth

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Ehhh

I loved part 1. It's one of my fav movies to watch

This was just ok by comparison

I give it 6.5/10

Maybe I'll like it more after watching it a few more times

Reading through the comments some people think this was straight comedy
:rudy:

I might have chuckled once or twice through the whole thing.. not nearly as funny as some make it out to be.. But it is comedic for whatever that's worth
The tone was changed in this film. With Thanos presence getting harder to ignore, the campiness will eventually be replaced.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Just saw it. Man they pushed the fukk out of baby Groot. They zoomed in on his eyes every chance he got so he could look extra cute n shyt :mjlol:. I remember a while back the director said Groot wasn't about the toys. Yea fukking right :mjlol: Anyways the movie was cool. Action, scenery, soundtrack was on point. It was way brighter than the first one and had a lot more jokes, some of which were dropped at inappropriate times like during some dramatic scenes. That cameo of the Watcher gave me some chills so did the Adam Warlock namedrop. I'll check it out again if I got time.

Yooo, all the comics we read as kids coming to life. We blessed.

:mjgrin:

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
People overrating this one as badly as they did the first one.

For starters the first half of the movie is an unbearable drag consisting of nothing but clutter. Nothing in the plot moves fluidly, it's just they do something, for someone, then they do something else while someone else hires someone else to go after them, while they are found by someone else who is working with someone else to do something else, and two of the aforementioned someone elses decide to work together to do something else for themselves. fukk that shyt!

And I know Marvel has always loved its faceless fodder armies but those Sovereign remote controlled spaceships being piloted like 80s video game arcades has to be the absolute laziest shyt they have ever pulled. Goddamn that shyt was just embarrassing to look at. And you can't talk about embarrassing without talking about Baby Groot, whose "look how cute he is" selling point has already lost its luster by the time the opening credits end, and then the actual movie starts and you have to sit through two hours more of this shameless toy shilling.

When things finally come together after seemingly forever, I will say the movie picks up and in my opinion did a better job with its characters than the first, at least as far as the characters the movie cares about (Nebula, Rocket, Yondu). Actually, the Peter/Gamora shyt was plain awful and if it weren't for the arc with Nebula being handled so well (carried completely by Karen Gillan's performance I should add), you could remove Gamora from the movie completely and it would change nothing. I did like how they handled the other character stuff even though some of it felt forced, and I guess I felt the same way about Ego who I felt was done really well up until:

he revealed his typical evil scheme and immediately became so unnecessarily cliché evil out of nowhere, right down to the point they literally had him say shyt like he put the tumor in Peter's mom. Like someone said earlier in this thread, they should've built on Peter being conflicted by finding out his father just bred with his mother to generate spawn for his own goal, and let that be center to him picking his "family" over his blood. There's nothing wrong with the bad guy being more ambiguous in his motives than the typical "I want to destroy the universe" shyt.

Overall I don't rate it much better than the mediocre first one, this one just has its flaws more condensed in the first half.

If I didn't see their names in the end credits I wouldn't even have known they were supposed to be the original Guardians. Ving Rhames as Charlie-27 and Michelle Yeoh as Aleta, what the hell?! :deadmanny:

For those who don't know, this is Aleta from the comics.

uEQO5s3.jpg

same shyt i said. but these blind stans have the inability to think rationally..

movie wasnt even that bad, just the plot holes stood out so much more, and the OBVIOUS pandering to baby groot toys smh

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
Another thing thats strange bout this is for all the jokes and bright scenes the shyt is type dark. Like the mutiny just pluckin nikkas into cold space then yondu murdering the rest in cool slow mo. Just because theres no blood my son old enough to know a flying dart to the heart is a ticket to heaven or hell. Yondu gettin robot pu$$y at the space brothel and foulest of all is what them nikkas did to baby groot. Dressed that nikka up got him drunk then kicked his ass around while laughing. That aint groot

:mjcry:

all that was missing was "nothing but a g thang" instrumental the goons had baby groot looking like
giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
This was not great guys. I know there are gangs in The Film Room and you all have loyalties but it weakens your credibility when you can't admit something you were rooting for failed.

I love the Marvel formula in general but, for me, it didn't work here. They tried to recreate the magic and fun of the first plus throw in some emotional character development. Some of it worked, but too much of it didn't.

I think if you're a parent, your kids are gonna love this. It works on that level. Although some of the humor is very mature. But for adults, I think this is gonna disappoint most.

First, the fun in this movie feels very manufactured. In the first one, it was organic and much less self conscious. In this one a lot of the jokes fell flat, especially towards the end. It's like whenever they had a heavier moment, they would rush to throw in a joke to remind the audience they were still having fun.

The dramatic emotional arcs in particular relationships like Yandu and Rocket, and Gomarah and Nebula felt forced to me. Especially the latter. I just didn't buy it.

The pacing and plot overall was weak, and it felt too long. I think I started actually nodding off at one point.

I did like the stuff with Yandu, Peter, and Ego. That was well done. Speaking of which
it still doesn't make sense to me that the death of Ego would result in Peter losing his celestial powers. It's still a part of his DNA, right? Or is being a god something like being a vampire, where if the Master is destroyed it frees whoever he made? If that's the case, that sounds stupid.

I did really enjoy Drax whenever he was on. That guy saved the movie for me. But I definitely wouldn't pay to see this again.

I put this a little bit above Iron Man 3 but several spots below the first GOTG movie.

5/10
1000%

agree with this ^

after watching this movie I'm actually a bit concerned now about the rest of the Marvel Cineverse

Hopefully Thor will bring some heat and Spiderman some actually fun.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
1000%

agree with this ^

after watching this movie I'm actually a bit concerned now about the rest of the Marvel Cineverse

Hopefully Thor will bring some heat and Spiderman some actually fun.
no youre not

especially if youre looking for Thor to fix that
muthafukkas talking out yalls ass :mjlol:
think about what you posted
then see what OTHER muthafukkas posted that were similar
find a NEW angle