Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
GOTG is so overrated to me, it was entertaining, but it was GOAT level of marvel jokey corniness
Agreed, my friend trys telling me gotg is the best comic movie ever(and hes a comic/marvel guy)...its a top 5 marvel movie to me but that fukking danceoff kills it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Do y'all think this incarnation of groot will talk more? Or will that ruin his "adorableness" esp since he's voices by vin diesel. < yes, this is my most pressing question> :guilty:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Exclusive Scoop: Thor: Ragnarok & Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 details!

Director James Gunn is hip deep in production on GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 and thus far we don’t know too much about what he has in store for the next iteration of Marvel’s space-set franchise. But, just to get caught up before I put out this latest bit of info, here’s what we know so far.

Now, outside of Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Dave Bautista, and Vin Diesel returning to their respective roles in the film, we also have some new players in town, including Pom Klementieff as Mantis, Chris Sullivan as Taserface, Tommy Flanagan as Tullk, and three other actors in mysterious, unknown roles, including Sylvester Stallone and Kurt Russell, with one of them presumably being Star-Lord’s long-lost father, although that’s not something I can confirm at all. Just my own speculation.

However, there’s one other star that we don’t know of yet and that’s Elizabeth Debicki, who you may know from THE MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E., THE GREAT GATSBY, and The Night Manager. Now, although we can’t confirm that she’s playing this specific role, we can confirm who the main villain of GUARDIANS 2 is…and it fits Debicki quite well.

ayesha-debicki.jpg

The villain is none other than Ayesha aka Her aka Kismet aka Paragon. Yes, she’s gone by many names and had quite a few forms in the comics, but almost always as a blonde goddess-like being.Comic Book Movie broke this back in March, so credit where it’s due, but we can confirm from our own independent sources that the villain in the film is, in fact, Ayesha.

Now, the significance of Ayesha in GUARDIANS 2 and the greater MCU is rather huge, especially when you consider that she was created by The Enclave, a group of scientists dedicated to taking control of the world, starting with the creation of the perfect genetic beings, made to restart humanity. Their first version of this, called HIM, would later evolve into the character known as Adam Warlock, who escaped The Enclave. However, The Enclave made a second being, which became HER aka Ayesha, who also escapes and goes looking for HIM, who she considers to be her perfect mate to start a new perfect race.

How much of that origin factors into GUARDIANS 2 we can’t say, but we know that Ayesha is the main antagonist for our fun-loving space criminals/superheroes and it certainly teases at some broader strokes into the cosmic realm of the MCU.

avengers-gotg.jpg

In addition to confirming Ayesha as the main villain, we can also confirm that Guardians of the Galaxy will most definitely be teaming up with The Avengers for the upcoming AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR films. How much or how little they’ll appear is unclear, but expect the team-up that The Russo Bros. have been tap dancing around in the press rounds for Civil War.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Do y'all think this incarnation of groot will talk more? Or will that ruin his "adorableness" esp since he's voices by vin diesel. < yes, this is my most pressing question> :guilty:
talk more like how?
if you mean saying anything other than "i am Groot" than naaaaah
thats all he says :russ: