Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
nikkas want depressing boring shyt with bland coloring and no fun go see a D.C. film. Down from the characters to the fukkin title screen GOTG is supposed to be fun :marvelpachaha: nikkas complaining about a movie with a talking racc00n and baby tree not being serious enough :MarvelStanDay1:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I really enjoyed it a lot. I thought it's more comedic than the first one the story arc they gave rocket and Star-Lord evens it out because they get some really emotional stuff

Drax and baby groot do most of the comedy in this one

Vol 1 : A New Tape

Vol 2 : The mix tape strikes back

Vol 3: Return of The Zune

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was not great guys. I know there are gangs in The Film Room and you all have loyalties but it weakens your credibility when you can't admit something you were rooting for failed.

I love the Marvel formula in general but, for me, it didn't work here. They tried to recreate the magic and fun of the first plus throw in some emotional character development. Some of it worked, but too much of it didn't.

I think if you're a parent, your kids are gonna love this. It works on that level. Although some of the humor is very mature. But for adults, I think this is gonna disappoint most.

First, the fun in this movie feels very manufactured. In the first one, it was organic and much less self conscious. In this one a lot of the jokes fell flat, especially towards the end. It's like whenever they had a heavier moment, they would rush to throw in a joke to remind the audience they were still having fun.

The dramatic emotional arcs in particular relationships like Yandu and Rocket, and Gomarah and Nebula felt forced to me. Especially the latter. I just didn't buy it.

The pacing and plot overall was weak, and it felt too long. I think I started actually nodding off at one point.

I did like the stuff with Yandu, Peter, and Ego. That was well done. Speaking of which
it still doesn't make sense to me that the death of Ego would result in Peter losing his celestial powers. It's still a part of his DNA, right? Or is being a god something like being a vampire, where if the Master is destroyed it frees whoever he made? If that's the case, that sounds stupid.

I did really enjoy Drax whenever he was on. That guy saved the movie for me. But I definitely wouldn't pay to see this again.

I put this a little bit above Iron Man 3 but several spots below the first GOTG movie.

5/10

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
This was not great guys. I know there are gangs in The Film Room and you all have loyalties but it weakens your credibility when you can't admit something you were rooting for failed.
THATS how you start off a review! :jbmarvelsmooth:
Whelp! Lemme go mosey on down to the movie theater later with this black cloud that follows, and be prepared to admit some shyt failed to entertain MY ass cause YOU said so!

Magic Word for today is...

NO!
HA-HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
:peeweemarvel:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Whelp! Lemme go mosey on down to the movie theater later with this black cloud that follows, and be prepared to admit some shyt failed to entertain MY ass cause YOU said so!

NO!
HA-HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Jesus Christ, I didn't pay $15 to hate-watch a movie just to persuade people not to see it. Some of us actually just enjoy movies, regardless of who makes them. How did you take MY OPINION about a movie to mean that I was trying to ruin it for you or tell you not to enjoy it? I gave my review. You can take it or leave it, as always. Stop projecting that Marvel vs. DC bullshyt onto other peoples opinions.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I was worried about how they were gonna do Ego, but they pulled it off. They even showed the face on the planet surface which I was hoping for. When he said he gave Peter's mom the tumor, you felt those shots that Peter unloaded on him

Loved the Stan Lee cameo. Explained perfectly why he's everywhere in the MCU.

Adam Warlock!:blessed:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

You know what cuz.:jbhmm:

I'm not gonna hate on your or come at you disrespectful or shyt on your or beef with you or do anything of that manner to you for what you are doing right now.

Like I 100% on an emotional level have absolutely no malice toward you or anything. I kinda see this as just a precedent to set some rules.:patrice:

But to everyone else, the nuetrals, the Clark Kents, the Daffy Clan niccas. I'm telling yall right now and I swear on yall moms or baby girls life.:ufdup:

When WW drops and I choose to do the EXACT same thing. I dont wanna here shyt from yall!!!! No threats, no whining, no complaining to Uatu and The Living Tribunal, no negs, no NOTHING!!! I'm gonna expect the exact same fukking respect cuz the game by then will haven been established!!

Aint no one trynna hear that shyt from yall then :camby:

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

NO!
HA-HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Na... I think we can let bruh live.

I mean he said it was better than Ironman 3.... which most would say was better than both Thors, better than Hulk.... and still better than pretty much 75% of many other comic book movies Xman series, Spiderman relaunch, etc.

So basically in his opinion the only thing it failed in doing was not becoming the best Marvel movie over WS or CW or possibly the 1st one which are all top 5 movies

NOPE so instead of making the ever chasing GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME Marvel just fukked around and made another really good movie:hubie:

Martha

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It's a good movie, the problem is that all of the stars aligned for the first one to be great. It had big shoes to fill, so in comparison it pales.

However, there's some great character stuff in here, EVERYONE got the chance to shine. There's a solid (not great) plot, some great action and a wonderful villain.

When Ego was like "I put the brain tumor in your mother", Starlord didn't hesitate to unload on him...you felt that.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Going to see this again in a few hours

That said though I wanna ask if there is a MCU thread in here cuz I think some of us need to discuss where Marvel can (and should) go from here based on some of the seeds planted in this movie.

I'll just say I think Marvel is getting to the point where the traditional Hollywood movie system is becoming too small for them in terms of release schedules and such.

The masses need to be fed more often.