Marvel's "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Vol. 2" Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This movie is really bad..,I can't believe people rushed to the theater to see this. The dialogue is corny as fukk, the acting is baaad, this random first interaction with Stallone dude from walking dead, I feel like I'm watching a video game..,.just way too much cgi...except groot, he's adorable :o:

Might have to tap out...the first one was kinda charming but this is try hard to recapture that magic

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This movie is really bad..,I can't believe people rushed to the theater to see this. The dialogue is corny as fukk, the acting is baaad, this random first interaction with Stallone dude from walking dead, I feel like I'm watching a video game..,.just way too much cgi...except groot, he's adorable :o:

Might have to tap out...the first one was kinda charming but this is try hard to recapture that magic
This movie badly exposed Chris Pratt acting abilities. He needs to stick to humour because he was awful in the attempts at dramatic scenes.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Really:ohhh::picard:

Well to understand the hate..... read to comic.

To best explain, it's because it's like they barely made an effort to create what it's really about.

Imagine if someone made a Superman movie..... but was about a kid named Clark Kent who can't fly and isn't an alien. Doesn't have super strength or any powers other than high level intuition for a reporter.

There is no Lex Luther or any other typical rogue, he's just a regular guy in a city not quite Metropolis and he uncovers some conspiracy and is on the run trying to solve it befor time runs out and some random bad guys are after him.

Lois Lane is a blogger he's meets and is trying to protect on the way and his best friend is Jim an IG photographer.

The only connection to the origin of the real Superman is that he was indeed an orphan found by the Kents who raised him. So him found on the side of the road stays true.

Oh yea..... and then they killed Lois

That's practically how they did Wanted

It you can read the book, probably can get it from Amazon for the low low

Martha

That actually sounds like a pretty good flick :feedme:

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Guardians two was terrible but no one talks about it
Especially the giant blue glob that was covering the world like something out of the first power rangers movie with Ivan ooze

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Seen this a while back, don't even remember if I commented on it. shyt was extremely :ld:

This should've been the story for the first movie and the first movie should've been the second. If that makes sense. After the Thanos appearance and the Power Gem subplot in the first movie the stakes in this one seemed far lower.

Fred.

Daps
Watching now. It's good, but they really forced the humor, especially with Drax.

And the soundtrack is disappointing so far.

I think the song at the very beginning if I remember correctly is the only one that pulled me in

but compare this soundtrack to the first movie, you're right. It's disappointing

at the end of Vol 1 when breh finally opened up that last mixtape from his mom and read her letter, and put on Marvin and Tammi "Aint no Mountain high enough", I felt like somebody was chopping some serious onions around me :mjcry:

that's one of my fave songs, and the montage they had going along with the music just had me feeling :mjcry:

his mom, plus Tammi Terrell, both gone too soon :mjcry:

when the Nova Corps breh walked through the door and his pink wife and pink daughter came out :mjcry:

when Yondu found out he had been finessed but instead of being mad, he was :mjlol: :pachaha: cause he knew Peter was just doing what he taught him :mjcry:

when the Guardians got in the ship and was looking at each other, Drax giving Rocket the :ehh: while they was getting ready to leave Xandar and Peter finally got some respeck put on his name StarLord :mjcry:

that was just an emotional scene for a breh. stop cutting the onions :damn::damn::damn:

Daps
Seen this a while back, don't even remember if I commented on it. shyt was extremely :ld:

This should've been the story for the first movie and the first movie should've been the second. If that makes sense. After the Thanos appearance and the Power Gem subplot in the first movie the stakes in this one seemed far lower.

Fred.

you're right. Honestly the 2nd movie didn't even need to be made. I would have been cool if after GOTG 1, they skipped right to Infinity War :manny:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

You the fukkin villian in this movie:mjlol:

fukking :russ: