Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
What's Capcom supposed to do? It aint like they're kicking out new IPs every year

When you got Phoenix Wright and Frank West in the game then its clear the bottom of the barrel is getting scraped
Capcom has
Explain what this "basic" shyt is? Cause the mvci that i bought had

Story Mode
Arcade Mode
Trial Mode
BEST NETCODE OF ANY FIGHTER IN THE PASS 10 YEARS
Online Rankings
Online Lobbies
Spectator Mode

As far as "Clearly had the money to do it" You do realize MVCI had half the budget of SFV dlc right? Not sfv as a whole. Just their dlc. Sony funded SFV.

Yes the game was ugly as hell. There is no denying that. But that's only part of what made the game fail. The other was the roster and that was 100% marvel's fault yet everyone blames Capcom for that. Capcom gaves us X/Jedah/Sigma and Monster Hunter. All 4 characters were universally loved. The only outrage was Sigma and Monster Hunter was DLC instead of being base game.

Marvel's entire roster was a MCU ad. Capcom had nothing to do with that. If Marvel's roster sold just off the mcu alone there wouldn't of been an outrage as loud as it was for the missing x-men characters.

Also im not even getting the arguments here. The only reason i bought this up was cause someone said they hoped capcom's roster was better. In which i responded that as long as they share half the roster with marvel then of course capcom's side are gonna be filled with their heavy hitters (Street Fighter/Resident Evil/Devil May Cry/Megaman)

Then people start complaining that we dont want their other characters cause they old. Like pick a side. Lmao.

If i had my way Marvel 4 would have a 40 man base roster 20/20

Marvel Capcom
Wolverine Ryu
Magneto Chun
Storm Rashid
Phoenix Dante
Cyclops Vergil
Deadpool Lady
Iron Man X
Cap Zero
Hulk Sigma
Thor Chris
Loki Wesker
Spidey Jill
Venom Nemesis
Thanos Morrigan
Gamora Jedah
Rocket Commando
Captain Marvel Regina
Ghost Rider Asura
Daredevil Strider

MVCI didn't have the best netcode. Killer Instinct got the title for that one.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Explain what this "basic" shyt is? Cause the mvci that i bought had

Story Mode
Arcade Mode
Trial Mode
BEST NETCODE OF ANY FIGHTER IN THE PASS 10 YEARS
Online Rankings
Online Lobbies
Spectator Mode

As far as "Clearly had the money to do it" You do realize MVCI had half the budget of SFV dlc right? Not sfv as a whole. Just their dlc. Sony funded SFV.

Yes the game was ugly as hell. There is no denying that. But that's only part of what made the game fail. The other was the roster and that was 100% marvel's fault yet everyone blames Capcom for that. Capcom gaves us X/Jedah/Sigma and Monster Hunter. All 4 characters were universally loved. The only outrage was Sigma and Monster Hunter was DLC instead of being base game.

Marvel's entire roster was a MCU ad. Capcom had nothing to do with that. If Marvel's roster sold just off the mcu alone there wouldn't of been an outrage as loud as it was for the missing x-men characters.

Also im not even getting the arguments here. The only reason i bought this up was cause someone said they hoped capcom's roster was better. In which i responded that as long as they share half the roster with marvel then of course capcom's side are gonna be filled with their heavy hitters (Street Fighter/Resident Evil/Devil May Cry/Megaman)

Then people start complaining that we dont want their other characters cause they old. Like pick a side. Lmao.

If i had my way Marvel 4 would have a 40 man base roster 20/20

Marvel Capcom
Wolverine Ryu
Magneto Chun
Storm Rashid
Phoenix Dante
Cyclops Vergil
Deadpool Lady
Iron Man X
Cap Zero
Hulk Sigma
Thor Chris
Loki Wesker
Spidey Jill
Venom Nemesis
Thanos Morrigan
Gamora Jedah
Rocket Commando
Captain Marvel Regina
Ghost Rider Asura
Daredevil Strider
Basic shyt like everything not looking like ass :gucci:

Don't know how people still gloss over that and talk around it like you can actually release a main line super jank fighting game and get away with it.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
So just to be clear, is this a new game or an update to MvCI? Cause deluxe edition is on sale for $20 right now. I need clarity. I'd cop now and wait to play later if its an update.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
So just to be clear, is this a new game or an update to MvCI? Cause deluxe edition is on sale for $20 right now. I need clarity. I'd cop now and wait to play later if its an update.
Its only a rumor nothing has been confirmed and this guy isn't that reliable tbh.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
This is why i keep smh at capcom always going back to marvel. Capcom is the only video game company other then Nintendo that has the roster to make their own fighter with. Yet they keep going back to Marvel like a abused girlfriend.

Since they keep going back to marvel the capcom side will always be the same. 20 characters filled with Street fighter/dmc/resident evil/megaman with a few one offs/fan favs thrown in between.

Only way we finally get characters from Powerstone/Rival Schools/Cyberbots etc is if Capcom actually make their own vs game with onyl their own character.

Why not just add those characters to MvC? Nothing is stopping them from improving their side of the roster.

Everyone one of those franchises you named have been dead for 20 years. There is a generation of gamers who have no clue who those characters are and Capcom would need to advertise to introduce those characters back into the public eye.

Then if that game was to fail all those Capcom IPs are forever tarnished.

nikkas didn't know who Tron Bonne, that cactus, guy and numerous other folks were in MvC2 but nobody cared. It's all about variety.

Capcom was on record saying they considered the FF but due to development reasons combined them into super skrull.

That was a smart decision because each FF member on their own would be boring af to play with. Combo Fiends whole "functions" argument applies directly to this. There's nothing special about Thing to warrant a separate character.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Why not just add those characters to MvC? Nothing is stopping them from improving their side of the roster.

nikkas didn't know who Tron Bonne, that cactus, guy and numerous other folks were in MvC2 but nobody cared. It's all about variety.

That was a smart decision because each FF member on their own would be boring af to play with. Combo Fiends whole "functions" argument applies directly to this. There's nothing special about Thing to warrant a separate character.
Its about the draw. Nobody caring is fine, the problem is no one is saying they're excited to hop on with King Arthur.

Capcom doesn't have that past a few regulars.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Capcom was on record saying they considered the FF but due to development reasons combined them into super skrull.

thats bullshyt on capcoms part. what were development reasons for the previous games

johnny reed and sue could be fun as shyt if done right. you have people slobbering over doom and there nothing special about him powers wise

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
thats bullshyt on capcoms part. what were development reasons for the previous games

Whatchu mean breh, if your talking about previous Mahvels.

Johnny = Boring Design
Thing = Hulk and Juggernaught do it better. Plus too much detail
Sue = Couldve work
Reed = Couldve work

Reed and Sue were the best chances in previous iteration but im sure designers had their reasons.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

johnny reed and sue could be fun as shyt if done right. you have people slobbering over doom and there nothing special about him powers wise

Doom is a staple. Watch ya damn mouth.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Whatchu mean breh, if your talking about previous Mahvels.

Johnny = Boring Design
Thing = Hulk and Juggernaught do it better. Plus too much detail
Sue = Couldve work
Reed = Couldve work

Reed and Sue were the best chances in previous iteration but im sure designers had their reasons.

They used Jean though, and not for her psychic ability either. There was nothing special about what she was doing that Johnny couldnt

Doom is a staple. Watch ya damn mouth.

There still isn't anything special about him other than being the only FF rep for years.