Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I hope they improve the capcom roster
This is why i keep smh at capcom always going back to marvel. Capcom is the only video game company other then Nintendo that has the roster to make their own fighter with. Yet they keep going back to Marvel like a abused girlfriend.

Since they keep going back to marvel the capcom side will always be the same. 20 characters filled with Street fighter/dmc/resident evil/megaman with a few one offs/fan favs thrown in between.

Only way we finally get characters from Powerstone/Rival Schools/Cyberbots etc is if Capcom actually make their own vs game with onyl their own character.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This is why i keep smh at capcom always going back to marvel. Capcom is the only video game company other then Nintendo that has the roster to make their own fighter with. Yet they keep going back to Marvel like a abused girlfriend.

Since they keep going back to marvel the capcom side will always be the same. 20 characters filled with Street fighter/dmc/resident evil/megaman with a few one offs/fan favs thrown in between.

Only way we finally get characters from Powerstone/Rival Schools/Cyberbots etc is if Capcom actually make their own vs game with onyl their own character.
What's Capcom supposed to do? It aint like they're kicking out new IPs every year

When you got Phoenix Wright and Frank West in the game then its clear the bottom of the barrel is getting scraped

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Everyone one of those franchises you named have been dead for 20 years. There is a generation of gamers who have no clue who those characters are and Capcom would need to advertise to introduce those characters back into the public eye.

Then if that game was to fail all those Capcom IPs are forever tarnished.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
What's Capcom supposed to do? It aint like they're kicking out new IPs every year

When you got Phoenix Wright and Frank West in the game then its clear the bottom of the barrel is getting scraped

Huh?

Darkstalkers
Powerstone
Dino Crisis
Onimusha
Asura's Wrath
Lost Planet
Cyberbots
Rival Schools

They not even close to scraping the barrel which is what smash bros IS actually doing. Also Phoenix Wright and Dead Rising are multi million dollar franchises. How is that scraping the barrel? lol.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Everyone one of those franchises you named have been dead for 20 years. There is a generation of gamers who have no clue who those characters are and Capcom would need to advertise to introduce those characters back into the public eye.

Obviously. But then at the same time people complain about capcom's side of the roster. Like u cant have it both ways. You cant say "No one wants these characters cause they old" then say "Why do we always get street fighter/dmc/megaman and resident evil.

And again. Look at smash bros. The retro characters are the main selling points. No reason Capcom can't do the same.

I just honestly don't see why they should go through the trouble of keep teaming up with marvel when its publicly known they are a bytch to work with. Then when the game fail Capcom is left with full blame.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps

I don't believe that Nintendo has always done this with smash since day 1 and it never effected their sales

I guarantee you no one knew who Ness, ice climbers and Marth were prior to them being in those games

People just wanted to see Nintendo characters beat the shyt out of each other

If Capcom made a vs. type game with characters like MegaMan,Ryu,Dante,Leon etc. that are recognizable it would make bank

I don't know why they haven't done that yet

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Huh?

Darkstalkers
Powerstone
Dino Crisis
Onimusha
Asuar's Wrath
Lost Planet
Cyberbots
Rival Schools

They not even close to scraping the barrel which is what smash bros IS actually doing. Also Phoenix Wright and Dead Rising are multi million dollar franchises. How is that scraping the barrel? lol.
breh

none of those games have had a significant release in years :flabbynsick:

the average consumer got no clue who Tron Bonne, Frank West, Phoenix Wright, or that weird ass goblin breh are...

Marvel anything though? Free money. The crossovers are quick cash for all fighting games that's why we got Injustice 2 before another MK game. That's why Tekken decided to drop a Walking Dead character out of nowhere.

Marvel/Capcom is a great relationship, but during MvCi both sides failed to bring it.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I don't believe that Nintendo has always done this with smash since day 1 and it never effected their sales

I guarantee you no one knew who Ness, ice climbers and Marth were prior to them being in those games

People just wanted to see Nintendo characters beat the shyt out of each other

If Capcom made a vs. type game with characters like MegaMan,Ryu,Dante,Leon etc. that are recognizable it would make bank

I don't know why they haven't done that yet

Nintendo has constantly released classics in some way shape or form keeping those franchises alive. E-cards and collections for ice climbers etc classic games. Fire Emblem and Mother were huge IPs and included in smash due to the their strength in the Japanese market.

Falcon, Hyo Iwamono, The Great Kabuki, Twinzam, Saturn. When have you heard those names come up from a Capcom franchise recently? The fuq is a Wang Tang?!?

Obviously. But then at the same time people complain about capcom's side of the roster. Like u cant have it both ways. You cant say "No one wants these characters cause they old" then say "Why do we always get street fighter/dmc/megaman and resident evil.

And again. Look at smash bros. The retro characters are the main selling points. No reason Capcom can't do the same.

I just honestly don't see why they should go through the trouble of keep teaming up with marvel when its publicly known they are a bytch to work with. Then when the game fail Capcom is left with full blame.

Nintendo banks off of nostalgia unlike any other company and has the money to do it. This is market validation 101, 30 year old old heads on the internet is a small market. And for all the Mahvel and CvS2 talk those game were never big sellers for Capcom. Go look at Capcom old financial statements. Darkstalkers was never big for Capcom and was released at the end of arcades dying. Everyone of those games you mentioned are million unit movers for Capcom. Star Gladiator, Power Stone, and Darkstalkers aren't even in Capcom's top 20 franchises of all time.

This is business breh.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
breh

none of those games have had a significant release in years :flabbynsick:

the average consumer got no clue who Tron Bonne, Frank West, Phoenix Wright, or that weird ass goblin breh are...

Marvel anything though? Free money. The crossovers are quick cash for all fighting games that's why we got Injustice 2 before another MK game. That's why Tekken decided to drop a Walking Dead character out of nowhere.

Marvel/Capcom is a great relationship, but during MvCi both sides failed to bring it.

60% of smash bros roster hasn’t had a release in years.......

Saying marvel/capcom is a great relationship is only true if marvel gets equal blame when the game fails. But we see that’s not the case

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
60% of smash bros roster hasn’t had a release in years.......

Saying marvel/capcom is a great relationship is only true if marvel gets equal blame when the game fails. But we see that’s not the case
Nintendo is constantly rereleasing their products though and their adamant policy of keeping the vast majority of their IPs in house only serves to reaffirm that as a strength. They recycle their products at value in a way that many companies, in all industries, could only dream of. They don't sell out NESs without that kind of persistent energy. And on the opposite side, Capcom's problem has always been that they mismanage a lot of projects along with their habit of letting franchises deteriorate.

Marvel? You can slap Iron Man on a coffee mug and the coffee mug will sell faster. Fact. Its the same stimulus package as the most recent Disney princess. The game failing or succeeding long term doesn't have much to do with that at all... Marvel gets their exposure and promotion. Capcom gets the flat boost to their product that that brand brings.

The failing of the MvCi release lies more on Capcom because they couldn't add basic shyt and the clearly had the money to do it. There was no excuse for how ugly that game looked. And even early on, everyone from the long standing fans to the developers tried to talk around it like it wasn't a big deal. Hope they learned from mistakes but they can't even get SF5 right.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Remember that time Capcom had the internet going nuts over Mega Man Legends 3? Even had a full on fan contest for design concepts :mjlol: The buzz for that game was crazy

These clowns dead that - and the next time anything new about Mega Man comes out its the geriatric Mega Man 1 version they stuff in a fighting game :dead:

Meanwhile Nintendo got soccer moms playing Smash Bros with their kids by stuffing the WiiFit girl in there...

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Nintendo is constantly rereleasing their products though and their adamant policy of keeping the vast majority of their IPs in house only serves to reaffirm that as a strength. They recycle their products at value in a way that many companies, in all industries, could only dream of. They don't sell out NESs without that kind of persistent energy. And on the opposite side, Capcom's problem has always been that they mismanage a lot of projects along with their habit of letting franchises deteriorate.

Marvel? You can slap Iron Man on a coffee mug and the coffee mug will sell faster. Fact. Its the same stimulus package as the most recent Disney princess. The game failing or succeeding long term doesn't have much to do with that at all... Marvel gets their exposure and promotion. Capcom gets the flat boost to their product that that brand brings.

The failing of the MvCi release lies more on Capcom because they couldn't add basic shyt and the clearly had the money to do it. There was no excuse for how ugly that game looked. And even early on, everyone from the long standing fans to the developers tried to talk around it like it wasn't a big deal. Hope they learned from mistakes but they can't even get SF5 right.

Explain what this "basic" shyt is? Cause the mvci that i bought had

Story Mode
Arcade Mode
Trial Mode
BEST NETCODE OF ANY FIGHTER IN THE PASS 10 YEARS
Online Rankings
Online Lobbies
Spectator Mode

As far as "Clearly had the money to do it" You do realize MVCI had half the budget of SFV dlc right? Not sfv as a whole. Just their dlc. Sony funded SFV.

Yes the game was ugly as hell. There is no denying that. But that's only part of what made the game fail. The other was the roster and that was 100% marvel's fault yet everyone blames Capcom for that. Capcom gaves us X/Jedah/Sigma and Monster Hunter. All 4 characters were universally loved. The only outrage was Sigma and Monster Hunter was DLC instead of being base game.

Marvel's entire roster was a MCU ad. Capcom had nothing to do with that. If Marvel's roster sold just off the mcu alone there wouldn't of been an outrage as loud as it was for the missing x-men characters.

Also im not even getting the arguments here. The only reason i bought this up was cause someone said they hoped capcom's roster was better. In which i responded that as long as they share half the roster with marvel then of course capcom's side are gonna be filled with their heavy hitters (Street Fighter/Resident Evil/Devil May Cry/Megaman)

Then people start complaining that we dont want their other characters cause they old. Like pick a side. Lmao.

If i had my way Marvel 4 would have a 40 man base roster 20/20

Marvel Capcom
Wolverine Ryu
Magneto Chun
Storm Rashid
Phoenix Dante
Cyclops Vergil
Deadpool Lady
Iron Man X
Cap Zero
Hulk Sigma
Thor Chris
Loki Wesker
Spidey Jill
Venom Nemesis
Thanos Morrigan
Gamora Jedah
Rocket Commando
Captain Marvel Regina
Ghost Rider Asura
Daredevil Strider

Last edited:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They got to make it 3v3. We want that madness.

Really, this just gotta be a whole new game. Maybe the stone stuff can carry over, but that is it. And don't do the online lobbies like that again either.