Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I'm talking about the character models:stopitslime:

MvC was at it's best during MvC1 and MvC2

Everything after is garbage:hhh:

Okay enjoy a broken mess of a game as capcom has to create sprites for 40+ characters and new dlc takes years.

Ask BlazBlue how thats working out.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Blaz Blue tag battle is pretty much the modern day equivalent to MVC2 in terms of re used assets/sprites. Its successful and people enjoy it.

MVC2 remains the GOAT for the impact it had. If you werent there you wouldnt know.

How are you judging Cross Tag success:mindblown:; not even a hundred active viewers on Twitch, relegated to anime and side tourneys, and 16K sales in japan. Dont forget DLC practices that wouldve made early 2000s Capcom blush.

I swear its amazing how :flabbynsick: will praise anything with sprites just because of nostalgia.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Blaz Blue tag battle is pretty much the modern day equivalent to MVC2 in terms of re used assets/sprites. Its successful and people enjoy it.

MVC2 remains the GOAT for the impact it had. If you werent there you wouldnt know.

what impact was that exactly? i love the game, but it was the biggest departure from the capcom vs series at the time

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
mvc2 outside of the backgrounds was lazy as fukk. capcom isnt going back to that
This is actually SUPER true.

In this day and age it would have been blasted into the ground.

Mvc2 while it had a massive roster was just every character used from previous games copy and pasted into mvc2.

What it did new

3v3
Jazz music
Delayed hyper combo's
Ton of Unlockable characters at the arcade that you could only unlock by playing/time.

Everything else was mad "rushed" or lazy.

But the gameplay was smooth and amazing and the characters where varied and fun.

mvci screwed up hard simply with the graphics and weak character roster.

This is so true, BBtag instantly reminded me of mvc2 when I played it, If they play their cards right they could have the anime version of mvc.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I don't know why people want to hate on BBTag when it took MvCi's tag system and made it better AND more functional in every way

I also don't know why Capcom is still trying to force the itemized perk system when it was one of the main reasons that Street Fighter X Tekken went straight to the trash bin too

On top of that, Capcom hasn't showed that its willing to cut the check for fighting game's design and completed features in damn near a decade now

They did good putting the Monster Hunter lead in charge of SF, but I'm not sure if that's going to bleed into this.

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Need to stop putting Chris Redfield:flabbynsick: in these games

Instead put in Leon GOATnedy :whew: