Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Classic game and one of the most influential mashups ever. I'd argue that UMVC3 had better balancing but it wasn't as memorable as this

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really dont want to sound eliist but anyone hating on xfactor just dont like the game/dont know how to play the game. Xfactor is such a huge part of the dna of marvel 3 and its a amazing mechanic actually. XF3 just went overboard.

Using xfactor in defensive/burst ways are way more effective then relying on a xf3 comeback(not saying it doesn't happen) You see it all the time people will snap in the problem/kill it then xfactor burst the next character. Or use xfactor to block a mixup you otherwise wouldn't of blocked and then still win the match.

The thing that makes marvel marvel is the mindset of (if everyone is broken,no one is) Marvel 3 captures that at its best imo.

The core gameplay of infinite is actually really good as well. The wack ass graphics and gems fukked that game up,. But just talking game engines infinite was great actually.
Totally agree with xfactor. It just felt like a part of the game, not something that was bullshyt like Reversal Edge was in SC6.

As for infinite it was doomed the moment they went back to 2v2. You can't have MVC2/MVC 3v3 craziness and then downgrade to 2v2. I bought Infinite, but I had no intention of really focusing on that game. The 2v2 was just too much of a turn-off for me.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Totally agree with xfactor. It just felt like a part of the game, not something that was bullshyt like Reversal Edge was in SC6.

As for infinite it was doomed the moment they went back to 2v2. You can't have MVC2/MVC 3v3 craziness and then downgrade to 2v2. I bought Infinite, but I had no intention of really focusing on that game. The 2v2 was just too much of a turn-off for me.
They could of kept the 3v3 and the assists and still added the active switch.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I really dont want to sound eliist but anyone hating on xfactor just dont like the game/dont know how to play the game. Xfactor is such a huge part of the dna of marvel 3 and its a amazing mechanic actually. XF3 just went overboard.

Using xfactor in defensive/burst ways are way more effective then relying on a xf3 comeback(not saying it doesn't happen) You see it all the time people will snap in the problem/kill it then xfactor burst the next character. Or use xfactor to block a mixup you otherwise wouldn't of blocked and then still win the match.

The thing that makes marvel marvel is the mindset of (if everyone is broken,no one is) Marvel 3 captures that at its best imo.

The core gameplay of infinite is actually really good as well. The wack ass graphics and gems fukked that game up,. But just talking game engines infinite was great actually.
Being able to do something completely unsafe and not be punished for it is the definition of scrub shyt. Built to give casuals hope and artificially lessen the skill gap. What other purpose does it serve?

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Being able to do something completely unsafe and not be punished for it is the definition of scrub shyt. Built to give casuals hope and artificially lessen the skill gap. What other purpose does it serve?

Using a resource that you have at your disposal is what made it possible to not be punished.... The same resource the other player also has access too.... Why do people talk about comeback mechanics like it's only available for the lesser skilled player? All comeback mechanics aren't bad.

But speaking of the usefulness of xfactor outside of making yourself safe

You can use it to secure kills on happy birthdays.
You can use it simply to regain health faster for all characters.
You can use it to negate chip damage
You can use it for the 1f invulnerable frame. Lots of anti-Phoenix tech revolves around this.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Using a resource that you have at your disposal is what made it possible to not be punished.... The same resource the other player also has access too.... Why do people talk about comeback mechanics like it's only available for the lesser skilled player? All comeback mechanics aren't bad.

But speaking of the usefulness of xfactor outside of making yourself safe

You can use it to secure kills on happy birthdays.
You can use it simply to regain health faster for all characters.
You can use it to negate chip damage
You can use it for the 1f invulnerable frame. Lots of anti-Phoenix tech revolves around this.
Of course both players have access, but it's only NEEDED by the lesser skilled player. Look at "comeback mechanic". Clearly it's for the lesser skilled player because if you're winning, you don't need it, inherently scrubby. Of course something that powerful has offensive applications, but that's not how it was designed, hence it getting stronger the less characters you have. Doesn't get any scrubbier than that.