IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I just really wanted Spiral and S+ Storm in UMvC3. Would've been practically a perfect fighting game to me. Main character (Spiral) I was really missing.

I can't front though, playing Morrigan in UMvC3 is fun and as satisfying. Especially when you know you got 5 bars for Phoenix :wow:

I just love playing annoying characters/teams, don't care if they're too good or not. MvC2 had plenty, but so does UMvC3. In fact, I think UMvC3 has more hated characters than MvC2. Watch that match-up commentary Justin Wong had about F. Champ in their EVO set, dude was even annoyed watching the replay due to the cheese tactics :heh:

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I just really wanted Spiral and S+ Storm in UMvC3. Would've been practically a perfect fighting game to me. Main character (Spiral) I was really missing.

I can't front though, playing Morrigan in UMvC3 is fun as as satisfying. Especially when you know you got 5 bars for Phoenix :wow:

I just love playing annoying characters/teams, don't care if they're too good or not. MvC2 had plenty, but so does UMvC3. In fact, I think UMvC3 has more hated characters than MvC2. Watch that match-up commentary Justin Wong had about F. Champ in their EVO set, dude was even annoyed watching the replay due to the cheese tactics :heh:

People don't realize how balanced mvc3 actually is. Of course you have nonsense like Phoenix/Vergil/Zero. But keep in mind EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER has had a top 8 evo appearance besides Hsien-Ko/Jill. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Compare that to the 8-12 characters you only see in mvc2 high level play

I said it once and I'll say it again. UMVC3 was one patch away from being a perfect fighter.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
People don't realize how balanced mvc3 actually is. Of course you have nonsense like Phoenix/Vergil/Zero. But keep in mind EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER has had a top 8 evo appearance besides Hsien-Ko/Jill. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

I said it once and I'll say it again. UMVC3 was one patch away from being a perfect fighter.
Yeah, the breakdown here was great:

The fact all dude had to do was change his rotation for a low-ranked team to wipe out another team many considered as optimal was great.

My Morrigan/<whatever>/Phoenix teams have been countered so many times by good play and strategy that when I get complaints about this team I just shrug. There are plenty of ways to eat every team. I've had so many matches both where I wasn't close to getting Dark Phoenix. If I got the 5 bars and the activation it's because I managed my resources and outplayed you.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Yeah, the breakdown here was great:

The fact all dude had to do was change his rotation for a low-ranked team to wipe out another team many considered as optimal was great.

The Marvel knowledge that Justin has is insane. I remember a philly tournament during umvc3 Justin/Yipes/Noel Brown and Sanford were just talking about the marvel 2 days in NY and the arcade scene at the time. Def a golden era for sure!.

I'm a old head now so I'll be a online warrior but plz believe any future marvel game I'm there day 1. (Hopefully project L fills the itch)

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

2 has way more characters. 3 also has shyt like TAC infinites, which artificailly boost characters. Both have characters that only get run due to assists or specific combos. Almost all are founded on the same higher tier characters.

I do agree one more overhaul would have made 3 really good. The game itself has a a lot of bullshyt in it, especially scrub ass X-Factor. The no X-Factor events Chris Matrix used to do exposed how bad it was.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
2 has way more characters. 3 also has shyt like TAC infinites, which artificailly boost characters. Both have characters that only get run due to assists or specific combos. Almost all are founded on the same higher tier characters.

I do agree one more overhaul would have made 3 really good. The game itself has a a lot of bullshyt in it, especially scrub ass X-Factor. The no X-Factor events Chris Matrix used to do exposed how bad it was.

Its not "way more" UMVC3 has 48 characters. MVC2 has 56 only a 8 character difference and 4 of those characters are a wolverine reskin/roll/servbot and dan :snoop:
I'll even go as far as to say MORE work was put into UMVC3 roster seeing as how every single character was built from the ground up compared to mvc2 copy/pasted sprites.

X-factor level 3 does need a slight nerf.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Its not "way more" UMVC3 has 48 characters. MVC2 has 56 only a 8 character difference and 4 of those characters are a wolverine reskin/roll/servbot and dan :snoop:
I'll even go as far as to say MORE work was put into UMVC3 roster seeing as how every single character was built from the ground up compared to mvc2 copy/pasted sprites.

48? Really? It's been ages. Touche. Still...

X-Factor shouldn't exist. They figured out a comeback mechanic even scrubbier than Ultras.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps

Lol mvc2 only had 6-8 characters that were original to that game everyone else was copy and pasted from previous games and even then it wasn't a full copy and paste job compare Cota Sentinel to Marvel 2

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, y'all hate X-Factor? It never really bothered me but I did use Phoenix. It was more so that certain characters pissed me off. Obviously, Vergil and Morrigan are at the top of the list.

What did really piss me off in UMVC3 is the added meter loss on side TAC. God, that shyt put me in a rage. I ragequit so many times because of that bullshyt.

MVC2 does take more skill to play, but I had more fun with UMVC3 because of Phoenix. I mean look at my pfp.

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Damn, y'all hate X-Factor? It never really bothered me but I did use Phoenix. It was more so that certain characters pissed me off. Obviously, Vergil and Morrigan are at the top of the list.

What did really piss me off in UMVC3 is the added meter loss on side TAC. God, that shyt put me in a rage. I ragequit so many times because of that bullshyt.

MVC2 does take more skill to play, but I had more fun with UMVC3 because of Phoenix. I mean look at my pfp.
I really dont want to sound eliist but anyone hating on xfactor just dont like the game/dont know how to play the game. Xfactor is such a huge part of the dna of marvel 3 and its a amazing mechanic actually. XF3 just went overboard.

Using xfactor in defensive/burst ways are way more effective then relying on a xf3 comeback(not saying it doesn't happen) You see it all the time people will snap in the problem/kill it then xfactor burst the next character. Or use xfactor to block a mixup you otherwise wouldn't of blocked and then still win the match.

The thing that makes marvel marvel is the mindset of (if everyone is broken,no one is) Marvel 3 captures that at its best imo.

The core gameplay of infinite is actually really good as well. The wack ass graphics and gems fukked that game up,. But just talking game engines infinite was great actually.

Last edited: