Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
When we were in the middle of phase 1 and phase 2, we had no idea that the Infinity War/Endgame was coming. Even when they announced it, we didn't know the level it was going to reach. Now it hit and passed. We're still in the build up phase. They just need to do the proper built up in the 3-4 films leading up to Secret Wars and Kang. The hysteria will be back again.
You must not have followed since the beginning. They said numerous times during that stretch that they were building a coherent story that would end with the 3rd Avengers movie. They pretty much had everyone locked into contract until then. Endgame came about when they realized the story was too big for everything they wanted to do with one movie. Hell everyone knows there's a lot if filler in Endgame.

Then around Infinity War they said they were never doing that again. They'd probably just do smaller stories. They had no plan after Infinity War/Endgame and now it shows. Eternals was the only movie really on slate, and that was in the plans before. The plan they developed during been shot to hell (Captain Marvel/Spidey/BP).

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
This shyt was a disaster from day 1. And likely being PG-13 too....fukk.

I like Ali, but lacking a marital arts background cannot happen with Blade. Why not dude from Tyson/Moonlight?

i been saying trevante rhodes is perfect for blade for the longest. him or y'lan noel, but moreso rhodes.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I should go back and rub it in everybody's face who doubted me in this thread

Some of y'all were trying to make me seem like I didn't know what I was talking about

They haven't been around much since all these projects started flopping But hopefully someone comes in and saves Blade.. they can't do my guy that way :francis:

Daps
I should go back and rub it in everybody's face who doubted me in this thread

Some of y'all were trying to make me seem like I didn't know what I was talking about
YOU DONT

but yea i agree this shyt is looking funny in the light Wesly is 60 Ali is 50 hell Michael Jai White is 54:francis:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Blade should be one of Marvel’s priority characters. In fact, they should have just had phase 4 built around him. We would have been better off seeing the world fight a very serious vampire threat that’s affecting the entire MCU while marvel gets their shyt together for the fantastic 4 and x-men.
Blade should've been a focus and phase 4 should've been pure supernatural. Dr. Strange MOM should've been a bit less Rami campy to emphasize that. MoonKnight, WereWolf by Night, Ghost Rider, Black Knight, vampires, demons, ghouls, all the entities that go bump in the night should be all over the universe with the Darkhold being messed with by Wanda. Phase should be full on Midnight Sons :mjcry:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Didn’t Feige admit that Ali kinda forced him to do a Blade movie by flashing his Oscars?:pachaha:
Marvel really had no plans for it until Ali made the call.
I’m not surprised Feige’s attention is elsewhere.

Years ago, Marvel had discussions with Snipes to do another Blade project possibly but that was put on ice. Then Ali contacted Feige about wanting to reboot Blade, then got the automatic green light.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Blade should've been a focus and phase 4 should've been pure supernatural. Dr. Strange MOM should've been a bit less Rami campy to emphasize that. MoonKnight, WereWolf by Night, Ghost Rider, Black Knight, vampires, demons, ghouls, all the entities that go bump in the night should be all over the universe with the Darkhold being messed with by Wanda. Phase should be full on Midnight Sons :mjcry:

This mythical we have to be "PG-13" at all costs is killing these properties' potential.

At least push the limits like "The Batman" did at PG-13 Damn.

Low-key maybe more directors walking is a good thing. They can stop this "Happy Meal/No Limit Records " output they've had lately. If they won't slow down themselves, maybe the crew will force them to stop making trash.

At this point it's painfully obvious Feige needs a #2 as he's stretched too thin to oversee all this dolo. No checks and balances. It's been downhill since "Black Widow".

Hopefully BP2 and Ant Man 3 get this outta this :camby: stage they've hit.

Shang Chi was fun
Black Widow was weak.
Loki was great
Hawkeye was mediocre as hell.
She/Hulk is :bryan:
Falcon/WS was aight
Wandavision was aight.
Eternals was total ass
Spider Man 3 was above average, totally predictable.
Love and Thunder was ass.
I surprisingly enjoyed Ms Marvel
DS2 was average/above average
Moon Knight was just weird

Last edited:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This mythical we have to be "PG-13" at all costs is killing these properties' potential.

At least push the limits like "The Batman" did at PG-13 Damn.

Low-key maybe more directors walking is a good thing. They can stop this "Happy Meal/No Limit Records " output they've had lately. If they won't slow down themselves, maybe the crew will force them to stop making trash.

At this point it's painfully obvious Feige needs a #2 as he's stretched too thin to oversee all this dolo. No checks and balances. It's been downhill since "Black Widow".

Hopefully BP2 and Ant Man 3 get this outta this :camby: stage they've hit.

Shang Chi was fun
Black Widow was weak.
Loki was great
Hawkeye was mediocre as hell.
She/Hulk is :bryan:
Falcon/WS was aight
Wandavision was aight.
Eternals was total ass
Spider Man 3 was above average, totally predictable.
Love and Thunder was ass.
DS2 was average/above average.

Fridge doesn’t need a #2

What he needs is for Disney to stop trying to milk Marvel for all it’s worth because Disney+ has no content :scust:

That is the primary reason why The MCU has gone to hell and now feels lackluster.

Disney are about to kill off the good will Marvel/The Mcu built up the last 10 years with all this half baked over saturated content they’re making Marvel pump out like they’re Mcdonalds :scust:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Fridge doesn’t need a #2

What he needs is for Disney to stop trying to milk Marvel for all it’s worth because Disney+ has no content :scust:

That is the primary reason why The MCU has gone to hell and now feels lackluster.

Disney are about to kill off the good will Marvel/The Mcu built up the last 10 years with all this half baked over saturated content they’re making Marvel pump out like they’re Mcdonalds :scust:

Those investors and shareholders are in full-blown "fukk it" mode for the almighty dollar. And it shows.

And between FF4 and X-men and all the material that's coming out and hopefully gets better yes having a VP oversee shyt he can't give all his attention to has to happen. These movies and shows are filming globally and right now his name is just slapped to it on some Diddy shyt.

As his plate got fuller the quality has gone downhill.

Kevin Feige Reportedly 'Spread Too Thin' Amid Marvel Production Woes

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

I think they nixed that when Helstrom didn't get the response they expected. After that, GR was axed.

I think they are just gonna continue to go the route they took Dr Strange in.