Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
They should go ahead and just find a new actor for Blade. Ali would be too damn old by time this shyt actually starts filming. :francis:
I'm not here yet but I am a bit weary cause I didn't realize he was that close to 50 already :francis:I mean Leto is almost or about 50 and he looks in shape as Morbius so hopefully Ali can tone up as well.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I'm not here yet but I am a bit weary cause I didn't realize he was that close to 50 already :francis:I mean Leto is almost or about 50 and he looks in shape as Morbius so hopefully Ali can tone up as well.

Imagine if we had a younger Blade :francis:
Imagine we get to see a young Blade coming into his own with Whistler teaching him how to hunt down and kill Vampires. A pre prime Blade that is out there getting it in and ripping Vamps apart:banderas:

Why Marvel whyyyy:mjcry:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You're acting like 40 is 70 or something.

Ben Affleck played Batman in his 40s. Hugh Jackman played Wolverine until he was damn near 50. Robert Downey Jr. played Iron man in his 50s. Paul Rudd is in his 50s playing Ant-Man and was about Ali's age in the 1st moive.

All physical characters.
Except Wolverine, CGI is doing all the heavy lifting.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
MCU will not have that intro :wow::wow::wow:My man walked up in a club FULL of vamps drenched in blood :wow::wow:and parted them like the red sea with just a step:wow::wow::wow:Had them suckheads feeling pure fear:wow::wow:

FlippantWeirdDungenesscrab-max-1mb.gif

GUQp.gif

MCU wouldn't have the courage to do that, they'd be worried about offending cosplay vampires lol...

The grit is completely gone from the MCU...

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
this might be some shyt i need to rewatch. I didn't think it was that bad, but that was before an MCU existed. It was aight for a low budget cable show.

from what i remember :whoa:

Goyer had the chance to get Michael Jai White for Blade but he went with Sticky instead. I guess he didn't want someone that would have an opinion and that could be confrontational after dealing with the Snipes situation.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I also hope there ain't a ton of jump cuts in the fight scenes

That's a pet peeve of mines
I want to elaborate on this. In this video "Jackie Chan - How to Do an Action Comedy" you can see the difference between terrible American fight scenes and amazing Hong Kung fight scenes. Like the narrator of the video said, in America editors don't understand the rhythm and timing of a fight scene and ruin in with awful edits

The MCU movies have sum horribly bad fight scenes:hhh: I'd say the Winter Soldier had the best fight scenes of any MCU film. After that, they are str8 GARBAGE!!

That is another reason why I think this upcoming Blade movie might look ridiculous smh

Does anybody else understand what I'm trying to say?

Last edited: