Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
OBQFIsn.jpg
That's certainly an extreme approach to acting, but not method acting. Method acting is staying in character between scenes on set. Every female actress in hollywood would be method actor if the criteria was losing a bunch of weight before filming.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So we're gonna act like Bale isn't a method actor now because you say so? :mjlol::mjlol::dead::dead:

This video proves he is not a method actor. He is on set not in character. Complaining about distractions. Using the real names of other actors instead of the characters names. "walking behind Bryce." Bryce as in Bryce Dallas Howard, not Kate Conner. A method actor would have never used her real name until filming was finished.

You are just trying to apply the label of method acting to him because he takes his craft seriously, but thats not the definition of method acting.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's certainly an extreme approach to acting, but not method acting. Method acting is staying in character between scenes on set. Every female actress in hollywood would be method actor if the criteria was losing a bunch of weight before filming.
Method acting isn't restricted to someone being in character 24/7.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Method acting isn't restricted to someone being in character 24/7.

That's how i define it, that's even how it was defined in the imdb link @Copy Ninja posted earlier about method actors.
I also proved according to that definition that Christine Bale is not a method actor. If you define method acting differently, that's fine.
But my original point is that actors who stay in character 24/7 don't do well in superhero movie franchises.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
That's how i define it, that's even how it was defined in the imdb link @Copy Ninja posted earlier about method actors.
I also proved according to that definition that Christine Bale is not a method actor. If you define method acting differently, that's fine.
But my original point is that actors who stay in character 24/7 don't do well in superhero movie franchises.

Breh, Bale is considered by many in the industry as a method actor.

You simply saying 'he's not' because he doesn't fit your definition of method acting doesn't mean others won't put him in the 'method actor' category.

I don't get your original point. Garfield is a method actor? Was he Peter Parker/SpiderMan even when not shooting?:mjtf: Did that have a role in writing a shytty script?:jbhmm:

Did Norton's method acting have anything to do with the shytty script?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Breh, Bale is considered by many in the industry as a method actor.

You simply saying 'he's not' because he doesn't fit your definition of method acting doesn't mean others won't put him in the 'method actor' category.

I don't get your original point. Garfield is a method actor? Was he Peter Parker/SpiderMan even when not shooting?:mjtf: Did that have a role in writing a shytty script?:jbhmm:

Did Norton's method acting have anything to do with the shytty script?
I know Norton wanted creative control over the character and script. Whether or not it was shytty is your opinion but it didn’t work out going forward either way because he and the studio couldnt find common ground between his style of acting and their creative vision

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

This video proves he is not a method actor. He is on set not in character. Complaining about distractions. Using the real names of other actors instead of the characters names. "walking behind Bryce." Bryce as in Bryce Dallas Howard, not Kate Conner. A method actor would have never used her real name until filming was finished.

You are just trying to apply the label of method acting to him because he takes his craft seriously, but thats not the definition of method acting.

lol at that fake enactment :dead:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The definition in the IMDB link says:

Method acting encourages actors to immerse themselves in the world of the characters they are playing, so that they can more accurately inhabit their roles. This can extend to some actors never breaking character until the last shot of the movie, even when the camera turns off.
Never breaking character isn't a requirement. It says method acting can extend to that. It defines method acting as actors immersing themselves in the role.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Those movies were from Fox, not Marvel Studios.
It doesn't matter. The Fantastic Four appear in Marvel Comics, not Fox Comics.
Johnny Storm, Wolverine, Spiderman, Daredevil, etc. all have appeared in movies & tv shows that were produced by other studios, but they are still Marvel characters, and still appear in the pages of Marvel Comics.
The actors that I mentioned have all played multiple Marvel characters.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
MA has a lot of range, im looking forward to see it
I agree, you can't even tell that's slightly effeminate in real life. He seem like a regular masculine dude, then in interviews he low key seems a lil :patrice: off.
not saying he :dame:though

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
As far as looking for a horror director, what about Peele?

That would be dope. But Jordan doesn’t seem like he wants to work in the studio system. Working with Jason Blum gives him a lot of freedom.

Also since this is probably 3 or 4 years away, they’ll probably look at the woman directing the new candyman. If that does well, wouldn’t be surprised if they call her up. Especially since Jordan’s already given her the stamp.