Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Agreed....in the Purge Prequel I said, "That is the son of Nino Brown.....he left his mark to the let the world know he was here"

Wes could still play Blade....you had friggin Roger Moore and Connery playing Bond well into their late 50s.....

I said the same. I was like this nikka look just like Wesley :ohhh: If they ever remake New Jack City, he’s the obvious pick. I would’ve picked him first for Blade too. He showed he could play the tough physical dude in the Purge. But Ali will be fine too.

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Blade Trinity was trash because they tried to crossover and have it PG13 and it was wack (can't forget Goyer directing either....stick to writing)

I love Ali taking the helm but with this more than likely being PG13, my hype isn't as high.
Damn blade 3 was pg13? :ohhh: I tried to erase it from my memory but I could of swore they were cussing like a motherfukker trying to ice skate up a hill

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT ALI.

I SAW A FEW nikkaS SAYING WES
COULD PLAY HIS POPS IN THE NEW ONE.

:devil:
:evil:

They look enough alike that it would be redundant to have him sharing a lot of screen time with him as the new Whistler or something like that.

Being that Wesley is basically his predecessor anyway having him play his real father as one of the villians and having them go at it would be symbolic dopeness.

Last edited:

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snipes can’t play Blade forever and financially it makes sense to go with the more relevant black guy that ppl would accept in the role like MA... plus he actually wants to play him.. MA came to them not vice versa.

I think his accolades made them say F it cuz I guarantee Blade was Hulu bound before MA hit them up. They prolly saw how we rally around black films especially after BP did what it did and said let’s do it again plus we still have BP on deck... same reason they’re having Tessa play a gay character and making a big deal about it for the press like the character she’s playing wasn’t already gay in the comics

You already know Feige and co will have Snipes appear somehow.. I’m sure when the X Men eventually gets recasted they’ll give Hugh Jackman a cameo too

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Seeing as they have the same actor playing Jonah Jameson (he kills that role), it's conceivable that they could have Snipes play Blade again. He doesn't look his age and he killed that role.

Still, Ali will be great if the script is well written.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Snipes can’t play Blade forever and financially it makes sense to go with the more relevant black guy that ppl would accept in the role like MA... plus he actually wants to play him.. MA came to them not vice versa.

I think his accolades made them say F it cuz I guarantee Blade was Hulu bound before MA hit them up. They prolly saw how we rally around black films especially after BP did what it did and said let’s do it again plus we still have BP on deck... same reason they’re having Tessa play a gay character and making a big deal about it for the press like the character she’s playing wasn’t already gay in the comics

You already know Feige and co will have Snipes appear somehow.. I’m sure when the X Men eventually gets recasted they’ll give Hugh Jackman a cameo too

If Fassbender wants to keep playing Magneto they should let him:hubie:

He's plays the best live action comic villain.