Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I mean his whole story been cacs shytting on him letting him know he can never be a cracker. Thats just horrible writing and no plan/being disconnected from black men
That story arc is directly lifted from Nick Spencer's Captain America: Sam Wilson run. The "not my Captain America" thing is a big theme in that run.

I really liked the Captain America and the Winter Soldier series and my only critique is that they didn't go far into that angle as the comic did.

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
At this point I’m giving all my energy to Coog and MBJ movie
tenor.gif

Conz

Superstar
Daps
my conspiracy theory was they didn't give a shyt about Blade but Ali pitched them on it, and they thought, "ya know, we've got this Moon Knight show coming. if that hits, we can do a Blade movie and kickoff the Midnight Sons etc," and then Moon Knight sucked balls and they were pissed they had to do Blade

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is literally a slam dunk and the fact they can’t make it is sad
I don't think they were ever serious about making it.

my conspiracy theory was they didn't give a shyt about Blade but Ali pitched them on it, and they thought, "ya know, we've got this Moon Knight show coming. if that hits, we can do a Blade movie and kickoff the Midnight Sons etc," and then Moon Knight sucked balls and they were pissed they had to do Blade
I feel it went something like this:

"Oh, Mahershala Ali just won an Oscar and he wants to do a Blade passion project? Let's announce it for the sake of publicity, we can decide on if we really want to go forward with it later on..."

And they've been playing games ever since.