Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
-Great practical effects and cool vamp design.
-beloved character actor for the villain.
-cool design and cool one liners for Blade.
-R rated
-Fun gun and blade action that people has made pretty clear they love (John Wick, The Raid)
-some cameos at the end for the nerds.

Like, this is probably the easiest movie for Marvel to make, at this point just give it to Reynolds and his team, at least the action will be fun and they will just get it done.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

All of these work better than what they finally settled on.

but i think they did that on purpose. Gambit and him can't be rocking a trench coat at the same time.
Can't have him and deadpool wearing katana's on their back at the same time either.
The look they settled on was the most different from what everybody else in the film was wearing.

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
-Great practical effects and cool vamp design.
-beloved character actor for the villain.
-cool design and cool one liners for Blade.
-R rated
-Fun gun and blade action that people has made pretty clear they love (John Wick, The Raid)
-some cameos at the end for the nerds.

Like, this is probably the easiest movie for Marvel to make, at this point just give it to Reynolds and his team, at least the action will be fun and they will just get it done.

Real talk.

They can give it back to Wesley and get the fukk out the way.
Let the man make good. What they were gonna fukk up.
With their stoopid as fukk inept plan.

Art Barr

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: Like I’ve said earlier in this thread. I wouldn’t be surprised if they canceled this movie, and the idea of a solo trilogy. And just have Blade appear in future mcu projects. Like Secret Wars, Midnight Sons, Marvel Zombies, etc. Because it’s kinda obvious that they don’t want to make this movie.

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah them rumors true about the script :russ:
Buddy is very for the people so he must’ve seen that bullshyt and:childplease:
A nikka fighting vampires should not be this hard
This why I’m rooting for Coog and MBJ to be a smash
You can tell because they seem to be looking for black directors, instead of just action movie directors.

They want this to be a tentpole film for their diversity efforts instead of just a breh doing martial arts and shooting guns.
I think marvel is misunderstanding the difference between a black hero, and superhero that happens to be black.

I Feel like Black Panther and Luke Cage, represent that type of characters in the (black hero) category.
They are superheros who's black experience is central to their character and stories. They are the protectors of a black country, and a majority black part of town. They could never be recast as anything other than Black because it would change the entire character.

A superhero that happens to be black is somebody like Blade or Rhodey. They are black men yes, but their stories are just typical action nonsense, not about empowering disenfranchised black people. Rhodey is just a soldier fighting for the military. Blade kills vampires. He doesn't protect black people from a tyrannical race of white vampires. Rhodey doesn't protect black neighborhoods from hostile military forces. You can have a character be black without it being central to the story. You could recast as white, and their backstories wouldn't require any changes.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You can tell because they seem to be looking for black directors, instead of just action movie directors.

They want this to be a tentpole film for their diversity efforts instead of just a breh doing martial arts and shooting guns.
I think marvel is misunderstanding the difference between a black hero, and superhero that happens to be black.

I Feel like Black Panther and Luke Cage, represent that type of characters in the (black hero) category.
They are superheros who's black experience is central to their character and stories. They are the protectors of a black country, and a majority black part of town. They could never be recast as anything other than Black because it would change the entire character.

A superhero that happens to be black is somebody like Blade or Rhodey. They are black men yes, but their stories are just typical action nonsense, not about empowering disenfranchised black people. Rhodey is just a soldier fighting for the military. Blade kills vampires. He doesn't protect black people from a tyrannical race of white vampires. Rhodey doesn't protect black neighborhoods from hostile military forces. You can have a character be black without it being central to the story. You could recast as white, and their backstories wouldn't require any changes.

I pray DC is learning from this

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Yeah them rumors true about the script :russ:
Buddy is very for the people so he must’ve seen that bullshyt and:childplease:
A nikka fighting vampires should not be this hard
This why I’m rooting for Coog and MBJ to be a smash
I really didn't want to believe that rumor but multiple black directors have dipped out :jbhmm:There’s something very wrong within the script that keeps surviving the multiple changes.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I really didn't want to believe that rumor but multiple black directors have dipped out :jbhmm:There’s something very wrong within the script that keeps surviving the multiple changes.

there has to be a Hollywood tax write off and quota we don't know about that they are forced to meet if the lead is non white

Mazino

All Star
Daps
:yeshrug: Like I’ve said earlier in this thread. I wouldn’t be surprised if they canceled this movie, and the idea of a solo trilogy. And just have Blade appear in future mcu projects. Like Secret Wars, Midnight Sons, Marvel Zombies, etc. Because it’s kinda obvious that they don’t want to make this movie.
The shyt is DOA.

Development has been a cluster fukk and at this point I don't see them not screwing it up so they may as well just leave it be.

Marvel been cooked.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
this has been pretty obvious from jump:

Marvel is in the midst of its "dikk swinging" era where they think they can greenlight whatever the fukk they want and clear $750 mil. 2 time Oscar winner takes a general meeting with them, says he wants to play Blade. "fukk it, we'll make it work." Announce it at Comic con for cheap pop. covid, crappy movies/shows and less box office later and they have no fukkin clue how to fit Blade into the grand scheme. they should have cancelled this years ago and pivoted to trying to figure out Midnight Sons.

i just hope they're not gonna make a last ditch effort to salvage this by making a Wesley movie b/c Deadpool was a hit. don't turn Deadpool into the new Wandavision just bc it was successful. another Wesley movie within the MCU won't work. Channing Tatum Gambit movie would be fukkin terrible, etc