Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

darryl

Superstar
Daps
I don't think they were ever serious about making it.

I feel it went something like this:

"Oh, Mahershala Ali just won an Oscar and he wants to do a Blade passion project? Let's announce it for the sake of publicity, we can decide on if we really want to go forward with it later on..."

And they've been playing games ever since.
Yep exactly. Ali was hot at the time.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I mean his whole story been cacs shytting on him letting him know he can never be a cracker. Thats just horrible writing and no plan/being disconnected from black men
That's how it was in his initial comics arc too, which was actually good. In the end, he was like "fukk y'all white folks. I'm out"

But all they're gonna do is morph this into and fast track the Midnight Sons flick...or MI-13 as a Midnight Sons hybrid.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I suspect because Universal has the rights to Dracula etc, so it'd allow Blade to go against someone with name recognition? :yeshrug:
they already have a dracula though, he was in blade trinity. fracturing the characters even more makes even more problems

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
They didn't want to do this. It's obvious.

I've been watching vampire movies lately (ya know Halloween) and vampire hunting movies is a pretty easy concept. Other than just hunting in these movies but they also mention religion, social issues and gender identity all the things that Marvel has alleged they want to add to this rendition of Blade. There's no excuse they have to combat not being able to tell a Blade story. Vampire mythos stretches decades, for them to go through director after director to create even a script tells me everything I need to know.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
:yeshrug:Bro’s a weirdo but he’s telling the truth.

"Take a John Wick movie. Give mobsters fangs. Swap Keanu for Ali, hand him a sword, not a daughter who makes him fret over swinging the hero’s name. Wick cost 20 mill to make. Add 10 mill for vampire/Darkhold magic VFX, you have 30-40 mill Marvel movie."

"Studio’s broken. I wrote 3 drafts and a dozen outlines in 3 impossible months, my fav was a “The Raid”-style treatment where Blade finds himself defending a rundown tenement of humans from Varney’s vamp hordes until daylight. Took place over one night Blade learns from tenant Jericho Drumm that Varney’s attacking b/c the female tenant who Blade sorta fancies has been magically impregnated with Lilith by tenants who’re secretly Darkhold Cultists. Think 30 Days of Night meets Rosemary’s Baby."

I'd like to remind everybody that Disney turned this down

:snoop: