Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
How often does this work I wonder? I don't really follow the trends. Like BP 2 still made decent coin considering but even if shuri took over I'd have liked it more if tchalla was there as support or guidance. Unfortunately the whole death of Chadwick :mjcry:
BP2 did what it did because of hype and people wanted to confirm if T'Challa was really gone :mjcry: I can't speak on numbers for other films/disney tv but I know I haven't liked a lot of them. Not because of a new female lead but I just really don't like how they've handled the shows. Low runtimes, sets look cheap, 6 episodes and shyt. Moonknight pissed me off so much that was the series I couldn't wait for the most:snoop::damn::mjcry:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

Who is Graeme O’Neil? I’ve seen numerous videos of him hating and throwing shade at Wesley Snipes since D&W dropped and Wes appeared at Comic Con. He comes off as a jaded fan who sent Wes a fan letter and got no response. The comment section is lighting him up. At this point, he might as well audition to be Tim Roth’s ugly stunt double, because judging by his video view count, he’s not exactly nailing it as an entertainment journalist.:camby:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
some cases they skipped over the male hero entirely. People forget captain marvel was a kree alien man, before he passed the reigns to Carol Danvers.
Didn't even bother giving Mah Vell his due first
They're saving him for Lord Mar-Vell.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps

:francis: If true

Ryan Reynolds’s seems to be invested in wanted to have a proper send off for Wesley Snipes as Blade. Maybe he should just take over the project. Atleast we’d know it wouldn’t keep getting tossed around.

$$ talks. And that explains why Ali movie was DOA the last 4 years. With Disney shytting the bed the last 5 years they were hesitant to give this the greenlight for fear of a flop. And it was going to and Ali knew it.

And Wesley was coming back and they wanted to see the fan reception. And now based on the enthusiasm the flick is all but dead. All that's left is Ali buyout terms.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
theres-only-ever-been-one-blade-only-ever-gonna-be-one-blade.gif

:hubie:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
BP2 did what it did because of hype and people wanted to confirm if T'Challa was really gone :mjcry: I can't speak on numbers for other films/disney tv but I know I haven't liked a lot of them. Not because of a new female lead but I just really don't like how they've handled the shows. Low runtimes, sets look cheap, 6 episodes and shyt. Moonknight pissed me off so much that was the series I couldn't wait for the most:snoop::damn::mjcry:

Yea, the marketing for BP2 centered around the death and grieving of the franchise's cash cow, also serving as a meta (and exploitative) maneuver to monetize the actor's death. Hell, there's a reason why the end credits introduced a b*stard son with the cash cow's same name.

In the CBR forums back in 2017 i predicted that (1) after we get an uptick of white women heroes to abate viral complains in the new social media age, the next predictable uptick would be women of color, then LGBT and (2) T'Challa and other black male characters would unfairly pay the tax for these underrepresented groups.

I think the issue of poor quality is an outcome of focus that's more on the pagentry of the tickbox, than having an actual story/plan to elevate the cash cow and, by extention, the IP. The Marvels is probably the best example of this.