Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
How is Mahershala Ali a bad choice? :why:

Man is almost 60 years old, you tryna see Wesley submit that AARP paperwork on the big screen?

Marvel made their choice, so it's a moot point Snipes gets the part. Now I want everybody to have the same energy when it comes to the age when it comes to white actors like Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr, etc. since they are both up there in age. Snipes looks younger and moves better than both of them.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel made their choice, so it's a moot point Snipes gets the part. Now I want everybody to have the same energy when it comes to the age when it comes to white actors like Tom Cruise, Robert Downey Jr, etc. since they are both up there in age. Snipes looks younger and moves better than both of them.
No one is saying that Snipes should never be casted in any movie, but they're rebooting Blade, not continuing the trilogy that finished almost 20 years ago.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
I’m with a random cat on Twitter about this Blade reboot:

Marvel should not try to have it be anything like Wesley’s take on Blade. Let it just be a straight up horror movie.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
No one is saying that Snipes should never be casted in any movie, but they're rebooting Blade, not continuing the trilogy that finished almost 20 years ago.

Just saying there are a double standard people throwing age around saying he's too old. He could play the part if Marvel wanted to go in that direction. That same energy isn't brought up when it comes Robert Downey Jr, and Tom Cruise when they are almost the same age as Snipes.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Robert Downey Iron JR Man dont age!
:marvdahellshades:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

i told y'all something like this happened. ali is a decorated actor now and has the pedigree and network to get a role before auditions are announced. these marvel roles catapult you to another level of stardom and ali probably got word blade was happening and wanted in.

That's all I needed to know :blessed:

It's different when you know an actor pushed for this shyt. Means he didn't just take a role or was given one for his stature. He had that shyt on his mind, waited till they couldn't deny him, and then made the push for it

I got faith

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps

this is entirely different because this is a reboot. i only read the first 2 pages and ppl were just outraged because snipes wasn't blade. superman, batman, joker, spider-man, hulk, fantastic 4 and x-men characters were all rebooted with new actors and actresses eventually.

Just saying there are a double standard people throwing age around saying he's too old. He could play the part if Marvel wanted to go in that direction. That same energy isn't brought up when it comes Robert Downey Jr, and Tom Cruise when they are almost the same age as Snipes.

this is fair. snipes was good as blade but still i rather get new blood into that role personally.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Wes should play Grey Gargoyle.
:smokinsmokinweed:

We need the villainous black excellence of Moses Magnum on the big screen though:
EABCIWgXoAAOAzO.jpg