Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t like this narrative when Jackie Chan ass still running around doing back flips and cross kicks:russ:
Or..
Tom Cruise still doing his own “Scientology” stunts for another Mission Impossible:mjlol:
Or..
Liam Neeson/Mel Gibson ass living out:mjpls:revenge flicks..
Wesley could still do it and just pass the torch to his daughter Fallon to take the reigns...
Not saying you aren’t entitled to your opinion or arguing with you..
But I just hate when people question older black actors doing action movies..
While their white counterparts can keep putting out the same bullshyt over and over:hubie:
Hopefully we get Morbius/Ghost Rider cameos out of this at least:yeshrug:
What franchise is Jackie Chan heading up?

Cruise is the producer of the MI films and that franchise hasn't been rebooted.

Isn't Neeson's roles in those movies as an old motherfukker?

We have no idea when Blade is coming out, what part the movie will play in the universe, how many movies they want to make or what the plan for the character even is.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Cotton Mouth shot Luke Cage with a Judas bullet from Iron Man 2 lol.... but I guess this means Marvel Netflix is no longer MCU Canon?

I hope Vincent D'Onofrio can still be in Spider-Man as Kingpin.....

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Of course the Gay Area fakkit that played nothing but gay roles before this gets the job. Hollywood being Hollywood.
I know right, Blade should never be played by someone that was on that gay shyt:scust:

5aaa91191f0000150316a761.jpeg

Oh:unimpressed:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
It was either him or Wesley, I can't see anyone else in that role

Ehh...He's not as masculine as Snipes.

i am a huge fan of Mahershala Ali and happy for him landing such a big role but isn't he a little too old for such a action heavy role i mean brotha is already 45 by the time blade is made / comes out breh will be like 48

and blade is character that doesn't need a great dramati actor like Mahershala just a strong stoic bad ass type that can show a bad ass attitude with his body language like Trevante Rhodes, Aldis Hodge

basically just wish breh was a decade younger ......pluse Mahershala would be perfect casting for blue marvel

The only thing that concerns me is the physique

Ali is gonna have to get in the weight room and put on a lot of muscle

Low key...the breh from The First Purge would have been perfect for a young Blade.

EAA0tciXkAMcRww.jpg

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Cotton Mouth shot Luke Cage with a Judas bullet from Iron Man 2 lol.... but I guess this means Marvel Netflix is no longer MCU Canon?

I hope Vincent D'Onofrio can still be in Spider-Man as Kingpin.....
Luke Cage is referenced a few times in Cloak and Dagger.
Which is a dope ass show BTW!!

:okmarvelmelo:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Y'all are wilding. :dead:

This is a REBOOT. It ain't no sequel to Wesley's Blade movies. Those weren't even in this MCU. This is an entirely different thing.

You know, like they get a new Batman every time they reboot Batman, and a new Spiderman every time they reboot Spiderman, and a new Hulk when they rebooted Hulk.

When have they ever rebooted a series and kept the same lead actor? :gucci:

Y'all trying to talk like you don't know the difference between a reboot and a sequel. :why:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
yooo that announcement was dope af. mahershala ali is such a great actor. glad to see him getting the big box office films now.

and smh at the fake outrage of wesley snipes not getting the role. time to move on. we get different actors and actresses for other characters as well. batman and joker has had several different ppl. the last blade movie was in 2004 and it's now 2019. time to move on and bring new energy to it. it's also possible he will do a better job portraying blade. i never thought heath ledger would put on the performance he did as joker but he blew me away.

Low key...the breh from The First Purge would have been perfect for a young Blade.

EAA0tciXkAMcRww.jpg

if i had to suggest someone it would've been noel. maybe he auditioned for it and ali was just better and/or just had more connections so was plugged in early.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps

i told y'all something like this happened. ali is a decorated actor now and has the pedigree and network to get a role before auditions are announced. these marvel roles catapult you to another level of stardom and ali probably got word blade was happening and wanted in.

the fact that HE is the one who pushed for this is super promising as well. He's gonna do a hell of a job.