Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean it's such a disingenuous statement to suggest they actually give a damn about this movie at this point.

Any high profile stunt team and action director (aka John Wick director) would be BEGGING for this bytch.

An MCU rated R action flick with an opportunity to work at fukkin Disney?!!! And they can't find a decent writer and director and crew? GTFOH

But instead the movie is a PG-13 water down piece of shyt that probably had one lackluster action scene and a bunch of trannies walking in it with 3rd grade jokes.

Wesley Snipes made a classic with a first-time director in a shoestring budget. With a small studio known for horror flicks and pretty much a no-name cast.

This is a crock of shyt.

The truth is every single person who's probably tried to come in and remake the Wesley film and its tone and seriousness because it was so influential and hardcore has been shown the door.

Because some suit at the top is convinced that that won't work
John Wick guy was telling everybody he wanted to do it.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's a lengthy interview with the cast, but you can move forward to the Snipes parts. He said that Ryan Reynolds contacted him for the part and didn't think Marvel would want him back.

Yea I know that story and with bad history between those two. No director for the next blade movie either, a highly dubious situation.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I’m surprised they allowed Wesley back, that only indicates they’re not all in on Ali.
Yea I know that story and with bad history between those two. No director for the next blade movie either, a highly dubious situation.

It's more-so Disney playing chess in an attempt to control the narrative and weaponize it against Ali.

If they moved the way they really felt... i.e. "it's not 2019 anymore, we're on a budget, we're over-budget trying to make negro-Cap work... so we'd rather dead this Blade project and make the MCU great again by walking you DEI monkeys back into token side kick roles... :mjpls: " that would be a PR nightmare.

But have it be Snipes poppin off and feeding into black twitter's inability to see the forest past the trees... then "just cancel it!" and "Wesley is the only Blade" well... yea, that's pressure on Ali that they welcome.

Not that that's Wesley's intent, but Disney allowing it for a reason.

Last edited:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's more-so Disney playing chess in an attempt to control the narrative and weaponize it against Ali.

If they moved the way they really felt... i.e. "it's not 2019 anymore, we're on a budget, we're over-budget trying to make negro-Cap work... so we'd rather dead this Blade project and make the MCU great again by walking you DEI monkeys back into token side kick roles... :mjpls: " that would be a PR nightmare.

But have it be Snipes poppin off and feeding into black twitter's inability to see the forest past the trees... then "just cancel it!" and "Wesley is the only Blade" well... yea, that's pressure on Ali that they welcome.

Not that that's Wesley's intent, but Disney allowing it for a reason.

Nice theory,i still think they threw a couple mil at that white woman to set up Kang after the reaction to Antman.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: Honestly I’m down for someone new getting a chance to play Blade. I’m happy that marvel finally getting Snipes his props. And I’m sure he’ll appear again in Secret Wars but for a new trilogy. We need a new and young actor. There’s plenty of black male actors who can play Blade other than Snipes. Just like there’s plenty of brothas that can play T’challa.

Last edited: