Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
It was a very low selling and unpopular blade comic run. Worst than the vampire sheriff arc which was also hated.
Although to be fair he's never had consistent success in the comics. He has a current run that is pretty popular though
This the biggest problem a lot of Blade comics aren't that good:francis:Wesley was such a breath of fresh air in 98:mjcry:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was a very low selling and unpopular blade comic run. Worst than the vampire sheriff arc which was also hated.
Although to be fair he's never had consistent success in the comics. He has a current run that is pretty popular though

I mean....realistically vampires would try to steal his abilities though. It's kinda hard not to address the elephant in the room.

Fred.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I mean....realistically vampires would try to steal his abilities though. It's kinda hard not to address the elephant in the room.

Fred.
The daughter angle is a bit annoying though and normally I can ignore that. We haven't even gotten to know this Blade yet and he's already set to get pushed out.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The daughter angle is a bit annoying though and normally I can ignore that. We haven't even gotten to know this Blade yet and he's already set to get pushed out.

Yeah they're bugging with that. Which was the main issue with 3. Nobody cares about side characters in a Blade movie.

Fred.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Fred.
yeah, but it sound they pushing his daughter into the story. and she is not a popular or well established character. If they introduced her in his third movie or something that would be cool. but it seems like they are already making plans to take away his spotlight. We wanna see blade not the daughter of blade. Sounds like blade trinity all over again, where they try to use his popularity to push less popular characters to the forefront.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
i like the current they're doing called mother of darkness.
Check out dopespills review videos. Takes a lot of influence from the wesley snipes blade movies.

Dope has a fire channel :ehh: I used to watch a lot of his vids but a lot of marvel stories the last 5 6 years have been too weird for me lol

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Im lost on why this particular plot is a must for them
Because Ali is going to be 50 when the movie comes out. They've been planning ahead with stuff ever since Black Widow.

I dont like it here either though. This is why an actor like Ali should have been Kang or something.

Wesley was just 37 when the first Blade dropped. Someone like Aldis Hodge is young enough to where you dont have to plan for the future during the characters intro or prime.

Last edited:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Because Ali is going be 50 when the movie comes out. They've been planning ahead with stuff ever since Black Widow.

I dont like here either though. This is why an actor like Ali should have been Kang or something.

Wesley was just 37 when the first Blade dropped. Someone like Aldis Hodge is young enough to where you dont have to plan for the future during the characters intro or prime.
THIS!!!!