Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
he complained alot until they rewrote the story i heard...:manny:
smh...I was actually hopeful. Is he even training? Keanu's gunjitsu with bad knees aint gonna cut it here. So period piece with no direct MCU connection. Hopefully the daughter is newborn to preteen which can push her eventual takeover down the line.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The only reason I would probably disregard that…. Cuz had none of that shyt happen, they probably would’ve stayed on schedule and delivered whatever they had.

With all the production stops, then nagging whiny fans, then some of their own second guessing and etc…. That’ll all later played a part, for sure. But wasn’t the initial or main reason
They didn't have a script or any real plans when they initially announced it. This had as much movement as the Gambit movie. I've said that from the beginning, and they were fast-tracking whatever else they wanted (Dr. Strange, Shang-Chi, Thor, Spider-Man, all of the series)

Blades comics have a history bad art and mediocre writing. This current series has the best art on a blade book that I've seen and the writing is decent.
Nah, his 2006 series was good...and him as part of MI-13

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I love Ali as an actor, but it was always going to be a hard sell for a 50 year old to sell those fight scenes as a 1st time action star. At least if they are trying to compete with the OG.
Michael Jai White is only able to keep it together cause he's been physically doing it for 40 years.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
smh...I was actually hopeful. Is he even training? Keanu's gunjitsu with bad knees aint gonna cut it here. So period piece with no direct MCU connection. Hopefully the daughter is newborn to preteen which can push her eventual takeover down the line.
Yea its going to be hard sell.

I was just about to argue that Laurence Fishburne was able to sell Morpheus, but after looking it up he was still just 38 when that came out. And the cast had to train for at least 4 months.
They didn't have a script or any real plans when they initially announced it. This had as much movement as the Gambit movie. I've said that from the beginning, and they were fast-tracking whatever else they wanted (Dr. Strange, Shang-Chi, Thor, Spider-Man, all of the series)

Nah, his 2006 series was good...and him as part of MI-13
Feige had just come off of Endgame. Seemed like they couldnt lose. If Ali approached him in 2023 about playing Blade Im not sure they would have moved forward.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Nah, his 2006 series was good...and him as part of MIMI-13t
The 2006 series was one of his worse.

This is the series where wolverine beats him in his own book, his hand gets cut off and takes several issues to grow back although he should have a healing factor and we discover that his "father" is white.

Also Howard Chaykin had Blade looking like a fat Billy D Williams. The really bad panels had Blade looking like flat top era Steve Harvey
main-qimg-70c7dd74d003ba9756a8f917cbd965a5-lq

Last edited:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I love Ali as an actor, but it was always going to be a hard sell for a 50 year old to sell those fight scenes as a 1st time action star. At least if they are trying to compete with the OG.
Michael Jai White is only able to keep it together cause he's been physically doing it for 40 years.
Cosign

Like I said a long time ago. I like Ali but this wasn't the role for him, he's gonna have to do something similar to the Wolverine Workout and diet to at least look the part to me cuz he's lanky and lean

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Cosign

Like I said a long time ago. I like Ali but this wasn't the role for him, he's gonna have to do something similar to the Wolverine Workout and diet to at least look the part to me cuz he's lanky and lean
I've seen a few panels recently where he actually looks like that. I've noticed Marvel tends to do this with character art. They start leaning towards the MCU.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Good lawd, he gonna look like Gohan at the start of Dragon Ball Super :mjlol:

:dead:
:francis:...Shout out to breh in the comic book thread
How it started:
10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

How it's progressing:

21.jpg

22.jpg

And

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

and
17.jpg

18.jpg

All this after he got packed up by some primordial castlevania end boss chick. So he had to go to Dracula for some PEDs and hyperbolic time chamber training. Honestly the best book Blade has ever had. Very well written story to date.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The 2006 series was one of his worse.

This is the series where wolverine beats him in his own book, his hand gets cut off and takes several issues to grow back although he should have a healing factor and we discover that his "father" is white.

Also Howard Chaykin drew Blade to look like a fat Billy D Williams. The really bad panels had Blade looking like flat top era Steve Harvey
main-qimg-70c7dd74d003ba9756a8f917cbd965a5-lq
Nah, that series was fun as hell. And that's how Blade looked prior to the Wesley look alike stuff. Plus he said he was sure he wasn't half-white, so eff Cross. Killed Dracula in that series as well, and had the Luke Cage, BP, Voodoo, Pulsar/Spectrum/Photon whatever her name was then team-up.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Nah, that series was fun as hell. And that's how Blade looked prior to the Wesley look alike stuff. Plus he said he was sure he wasn't half-white, so eff Cross. Killed Dracula in that series as well, and had the Luke Cage, BP, Voodoo, Pulsar/Spectrum/Photon whatever her name was then team-up.
Series was trash breh. art is awful. I'll never be able to trust you comic takes ever again after this. negged.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
I thought that team up was only in Black Panther's book. Was there another team up in Blade's book that I missed?