Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
I watched the game awards last night when this trailer premiered and it illustrated one of the things that makes me so annoyed with Marvel and Hollywood in general

This trailer got probably the biggest crowd pop of the night besides maybe Kojima. It reminds you how universally loved Blade is

I've made the point before that the main reason Hollywood and media portray black men they way they do(weak, incompetent, inconsequential, asexual) is not because they think the audience will hate a cool masculine black male character, but because they know the audience will love him too much.Blade is a perfect example of this.

Nikka EVERYBODY loves Blade, and Marvel dragging their feet and dropping the ball on this movie is at the top of the list of stupid mistakes they're making

Yup, Blade is cool, it's just that simple:yeshrug:

I don't see how they're fukking this up, have Ali get in shape, get a good choreographer and have Blade beat ass for an hour and thirty minutes, it sells itself:heh:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I watched the game awards last night when this trailer premiered and it illustrated one of the things that makes me so annoyed with Marvel and Hollywood in general

This trailer got probably the biggest crowd pop of the night besides maybe Kojima. It reminds you how universally loved Blade is

I've made the point before that the main reason Hollywood and media portray black men they way they do(weak, incompetent, inconsequential, asexual) is not because they think the audience will hate a cool masculine black male character, but because they know the audience will love him too much.Blade is a perfect example of this.

Nikka EVERYBODY loves Blade, and Marvel dragging their feet and dropping the ball on this movie is at the top of the list of stupid mistakes they're making
Yup, Blade is cool, it's just that simple:yeshrug:

I don't see how they're fukking this up, have Ali get in shape, get a good choreographer and have Blade beat ass for an hour and thirty minutes, it sells itself:heh:

Yup. That's why the more 'competent' black male characters in media are almost always the asexual magic negro or, in recent times, the noble gay best friend... aka neither which are a threat to bag the lead female or be seen as more masculine than the lead (white) male.

It's strategic sabotage. Notice the immediate adulation Blade, T'Challa (Civil War), and Miles (spider-verse films) received in the absence of such tactics.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup. That's why the more 'competent' black male characters in media are almost always the asexual magic negro or, in recent times, the noble gay best friend... aka neither which are a threat to bag the lead female or be seen as more masculine than the lead (white) male.

It's strategic sabotage. Notice the immediate adulation Blade, T'Challa (Civil War), and Miles (spider-verse films) received in the absence of such tactics.
Here's a plot twist tho.

T'Challa didn't get the most love in Black Panther. Killmonger did:wow: The women were :noah: the black men were riled up, and everyone else still thought he was cool in spite of his goals. I guarantee you Disney didn't anticipate the amount of love he got:russ:

The love Killmonger got speaks volumes

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Here's a plot twist tho.

T'Challa didn't get the most love in Black Panther. Killmonger did:wow: The women were :noah: the black men were riled up, and everyone else still thought he was cool in spite of his goals. I guarantee you Disney didn't anticipate the amount of love he got:russ:

M'Baku got a lot of love too.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Here's a plot twist tho.

Well they neutered T'Challa a bit, and i say that as someone who defended Boseman's performance when ppl called him the most boring part of his own movie. He was great, i just didn't agree with the direction. More like, i gave it a "pass" with the belief delusion that they had to big up the cast (at T'Challa's expense) but would give him his just due in the sequel.

But now that we can only judge it for what it was and not wishful thinking... yea, T'Challa went from having a smooth but domineering masculine presence in Civil War (see scene with him, Natasha and Ayo)... to "I never freeze" :beli:

They basically made Killmonger "evil" T'Challa. Everything the nygga did, 10 steps ahead chess shyt with manipulating Klaw, having him deplete his forces vs the wakandans which would leave him vulnerable, killing him in his vulnerability, using his death as entry into Wakanda... allll so he can have his chance encounter to fight for the throne. Well played.

And the only reason his plan didn't succeed wasn't because of T'Challa being just as genius, or crafty with contingency plans in place... nope. It was bc the ex-girlfriend (Nakia) stepped up...

But i digress. We're here to talk about how they tried to sabotage Blade. They already successfully got T'Challa out the paint.

Daps

Yeah there's definitely been a concerted effort to make black men not appear too strong. That's just the truth. What's the most recent movie you've seen where a black man was just kicking ass and taking names? It sold in the past. Why wouldn't it sell now? Unless it would sell, but...

@Bryan Danielson and the powers that be want to push weak men on the TV because thats the image they want emulated by black men in the streets

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yeah there's definitely been a concerted effort to make black men not appear too strong. That's just the truth. What's the most recent movie you've seen where a black man was just kicking ass and taking names? It sold in the past. Why wouldn't it sell now? Unless it would sell, but...

@Bryan Danielson and the powers that be want to push weak men on the TV because thats the image they want emulated by black men in the streets
My show got love.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Dude…. Not defending marvel but we just gotta speak on a fact.

Blade was supposed to have dropped last month from the original announcement.

shyt out of their control (Pandemics and Strikes) push it back

Hell we still ain’t got that Green Lantern series that was supposed to be out YEAR ONE OF HBO MAX.

I dont think no one is dropping ball or dragging feet.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude…. Not defending marvel but we just gotta speak on a fact.

Blade was supposed to have dropped last month from the original announcement.

shyt out of their control (Pandemics and Strikes) push it back

Hell we still ain’t got that Green Lantern series that was supposed to be out YEAR ONE OF HBO MAX.

I dont think no one is dropping ball or dragging feet.
Yea let's completely disregard the creative issues that have plagued the production :mjlol:

The script has been trashed twice:mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yea let's completely disregard the creative issues that have plagued the production :mjlol:

The script has been trashed twice:mjlol:

The only reason I would probably disregard that…. Cuz had none of that shyt happen, they probably would’ve stayed on schedule and delivered whatever they had.

With all the production stops, then nagging whiny fans, then some of their own second guessing and etc…. That’ll all later played a part, for sure. But wasn’t the initial or main reason