Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Tair

Superstar
Daps
With things (hopefully) back on track, Daniel Richtman has shared some new plot details.

Apparently, Blade is "still a period piece" and "still very much rated R." The story is said to focus on Lilith (Mia Goth) attempting to get hold of some blood from Blade's daughter so she can create her own army of Daywalkers. The villain will reportedly wield the Ebony Blade.

Speaking of this mystical weapon, Dane Whitman/The Black Knight (Kit Harington) is not expected to appear in the movie despite his involvement being teased in Eternals' mid-credits scene.

Yann Demange is still on board to direct, and has previously hinted that the movie will indeed be rated R.

"I'm excited to show a kind of ruthlessness, a roughness he has, that allows him to walk the earth in a particular way. I love him for that," said the filmmaker. "He’s got a dignity and integrity, but there is a ferocity there that he usually keeps under the surface. I want to unleash that and put it on the screen."

Production was further impacted by the Hollywood strikes, and Marvel Studios pushed the movie back to November 7, 2025. Following numerous drafts and screenwriters, Logan and Alien: Covenant scribe Michael Green signed on to pen the script.

Blade will also star Aaron Pierre and Delroy Lindo.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
With things (hopefully) back on track, Daniel Richtman has shared some new plot details.

Apparently, Blade is "still a period piece" and "still very much rated R." The story is said to focus on Lilith (Mia Goth) attempting to get hold of some blood from Blade's daughter so she can create her own army of Daywalkers. The villain will reportedly wield the Ebony Blade.

Speaking of this mystical weapon, Dane Whitman/The Black Knight (Kit Harington) is not expected to appear in the movie despite his involvement being teased in Eternals' mid-credits scene.

Yann Demange is still on board to direct, and has previously hinted that the movie will indeed be rated R.

"I'm excited to show a kind of ruthlessness, a roughness he has, that allows him to walk the earth in a particular way. I love him for that," said the filmmaker. "He’s got a dignity and integrity, but there is a ferocity there that he usually keeps under the surface. I want to unleash that and put it on the screen."

Production was further impacted by the Hollywood strikes, and Marvel Studios pushed the movie back to November 7, 2025. Following numerous drafts and screenwriters, Logan and Alien: Covenant scribe Michael Green signed on to pen the script.

:russell:
Believe when I see set photos

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Wasnt stealing his genetic material a major plot point in blade 2 tho???:what: dominiskos wanted his blood to combine with nomek's abilities...

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset

November 2025? This shyt hasn't even started filming yet.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
And the John Wick director was all but begging for this project what a damn shame.

Ain't nothing they can do with Blade that will replace this feeling (pause) when I saw this trailer in front of Lost In Space :flabbynsick:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Any blade daughter plots is a pass for me.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Blade's daughter
patrick-bateman-stare-into-your-soul.gif

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
To be fair that is a recurring plot in the comics.

Fred.
It was a very low selling and unpopular blade comic run. Worst than the vampire sheriff arc which was also hated.
Although to be fair he's never had consistent success in the comics. He has a current run that is pretty popular though