Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
:mjlol: Look I have no problem with female characters. But them annoying ass M-She-U dudes kinda been telling the truth. The way marvel is fukking over their male characters. For poorly written female characters is crazy.
I don't remember anyone calling Jessica Jones "Woke".

Daps
:russ: Trust me I know in the height of recast T’challa. I was deemed a nikka nerd incel who hate black women. Just because I wanted the protagonist of the black panther franchise to be recasted.

I still say it was Black people's fault that Black Panther wasn't recasted.

Folks took it too far, actually forming a mini civil rights movement around the movie and crying real tears like we had made it to the promised land just cause a movie was made based on a character that a white man created.

And yeah yeah, I loved the movie too, and I love positive representation of us. But that still doesn't negate the fact that folks took it too far.

Even Chadwick was uncomfortable with it. Folks was walking up to him talking about "my king" and bowing and they was dead serious. I saw one video where breh was like :dahell: :unimpressed:

There was no way Marvel was gonna win the recast saga. If they didn't recast him, folks was gonna be mad. If they did recast him, folks was gonna be mad. It was literally a lose-lose situation. If you think that the think-pieces surrounding them NOT recasting were something, the think pieces about the "erasure of black bodies" and how "all black men look alike to Disney" would have been crazy if they had recasted :wow:

Daps
at this point if you're an actor or writer it maybe worth it to sign onto this movie so you can get a check when they end up scrapping it and starting over six months later

:mjlol:

Yep. You see Charlie Cox about to get paid twice. They really filmed half the Daredevil series, scrapping it and now gotta start over :laff:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.gif

That's for both the current script direction and the possibility that Mahershala maybe doesn't have a great grasp on the character or world.

I know people in here have already decided they don't like that second take, but honestly I can believe it, and kinda do. I can believe a world in which he's not super up on, into and familiar with not just Blade but superhero content in general, doesn't get it in the same way Wesley got it, but likes the idea of being the lead in a black superhero movie and picking up the torch from BP and Chadwick.

It is very believable.
What is there to understand about Blade that he appears to be missing?

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
These nikkas really can't help themselves. The consistency is parody level
1.gif

That's for both the current script direction and the possibility that Mahershala maybe doesn't have a great grasp on the character or world.

I know people in here have already decided they don't like that second take, but honestly I can believe it, and kinda do. I can believe a world in which he's not super up on, into and familiar with not just Blade but superhero content in general, doesn't get it in the same way Wesley got it, but likes the idea of being the lead in a black superhero movie and picking up the torch from BP and Chadwick.

It is very believable.
It's bullshyt because familiarity with the Wesley movies are enough on its own considering that Marvel has had multiple projects directed by people who weren't familiar with the characters and some who didn't like this shyt in general. But suddenly the lead needs to be a lore nerd to portray a stoic dude slashing and shooting vampires? :camby: