Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

darryl

Superstar
Daps
It's time to be honest becuz enough is enough

The MCU has just as many wack movies as it has good movies, if not more
Well I mean yeah. Mcu didn't really kick off until the infinity saga let's keep it real. When they started building towards that and Thanos. Before that, and after that, marvel has not been no better than dc real talk

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
We need dark horse or image to start adapting their ip's into a cinematic universe

Dc and marvel are washed :francis:

Hell, top cow need to go ahead and bring back witchblade and finally give us a darkness movie :whoo:
This is what we need!! Invincible is sooo damn good becuz it doesn't follow the typical played out shyt

Image an Dark Horse need to save us!!!

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Im trying really hard to not fall into the “Female replacement” conspiracy but it looks like its actually true.

How the fukk are you fukking up a Blade movie. That shyt is straight guaranteed gold. And then too emasculate him as a background character. Feige turning Blade into a Tyler Perry film

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Three women, presumably a black/white/Asian to hit all the desired demo metrics, hitting Blade with classic Marvel banter like "if you want a job done right, get women to do it." Or a dinner scene where Blade is too shy/socially weird to tell the waitress that she brought him the wrong steak so one of the chicks says "he said he wanted a rare steak." You know, like the Mary Jane/Peter Parker internet meme from a few years ago that the kids enjoy. We'll def get the algorithms going by referencing it.
:mjgrin:

This sounds like an untalented Hollywood person's attempt to make a Blade version of Mad Mad Fury Road. Which is a classic movie but I don't see how you can do that with Blade. Much less with an Oscar winning actor playing Blade.
We were about to get Blade talking down to a young vampire hunter before taking a swig of blood like

giphy.gif

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
1.gif

That's for both the current script direction and the possibility that Mahershala maybe doesn't have a great grasp on the character or world.

I know people in here have already decided they don't like that second take, but honestly I can believe it, and kinda do. I can believe a world in which he's not super up on, into and familiar with not just Blade but superhero content in general, doesn't get it in the same way Wesley got it, but likes the idea of being the lead in a black superhero movie and picking up the torch from BP and Chadwick.

It is very believable.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just make a damn Blade movie and stop with all the other bullshyt. I'm sorry, but I don't want a Blade movie where he's not the focus. Either make Blade or make something else. Nobody wants a movie filled with superficial life lessons anyway.

They were out of their fukking minds trying to relegate the title character to a fourth-in-line co-lead. Christ, they really lost the plot over there.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I actually have no problem bringing Snipes back in a role similar to Bruce Wayne in Batman Beyond. It gives Snipes the opportunity to still do action sequences. I actually would prefer that they bring back Snipes to play the recurring main villain. Snipes plays an awesome antagonist. Just watch him in Demolition Man. The problem is Marvel (Disney) and DC (Warner) love to kill off good villains, despite a large part of the success of comic books is keeping villains around forever.

Last edited: