Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
What if they have a portion of the movie where blade needs help and its Ali and Wesley back to back with swords killing vampires?

:blessed:

And when the 7:42 second fight is over Ali turns to Wesley and says I'll see you soon :ohlawd:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
How are they doing him dirty when Wesley played Blade for 3 movies? This is a reboot under a totally different studio, set in a different universe. Casting him makes no sense.

Last time Wesley played Blade was 15 years ago and he's knocking on 60. He's no longer a box office draw. Mahershala just won two Oscars recently.

Snipes is still box office you put some money behind him I’ll bet he will still bring in the numbers

Oscars don’t mean shyt what movie has Ali headline that was box office ...I’ll wait :comeon:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
i am a huge fan of Mahershala Ali and happy for him landing such a big role but isn't he a little too old for such a action heavy role i mean brotha is already 45 by the time blade is made / comes out breh will be like 48

and blade is character that doesn't need a great dramati actor like Mahershala just a strong stoic bad ass type that can show a bad ass attitude with his body language like Trevante Rhodes, Aldis Hodge

basically just wish breh was a decade younger ......pluse Mahershala would be perfect casting for blue marvel
A Blue Marvel movie would be dope af!
:krs:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Chris Evans and MBJ were both Johnny Cage before they played Captain America and Killmonger.
:manny:
:colehuh:

edit

giphy.gif

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
My only issue with Mahershala's casting is that I've never seen him in a fight scene.
Because of Wesley (The GOAT), most of us associate Blade with martial arts/fighting, and I don't know if Mahershala can pull off that part of the character.
Michael Jai White would have good fight scenes, but he's almost as old as Wesley.
Maybe before the movie starts filming, Mahershala could learn some Coli BJJ.