Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dope.

one of my favorite actors. his performance in true detective was nothing short of legendary even if the storyline was an overall letdown.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
What is this old stuff people keep mentioning? Ali will be close to, if not, 50 when the movie/series finally comes out. It's not on their 2021 timeline. It's a 2022 thing at the earliest. Age wasn't a factor here.

11 years younger than Wesley for a franchise I (personally) want to see be a trilogy.. which would span close to 10 years (movie every 2-3 years).

So I easily see why age could be a factor. But it doesn't matter now, because they got their Blade, it's the actor i preferred for the role, and shyt gon be LIT :wow:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
nikkas need to give up on Wesley and Michael Jai..

Go watch blade 1998.... it exists.... go watch it! :mjlol:

The real reason folks are mad is because they know this shyt is about to be FLAMES in the MCU....

Expect Blade to show up in the Doctor Strange Film...

Wesley and MJW are legends but I'm glad we're moving on.

I hope they modernize MCU Blade, while still paying homage to some of his core traits. It'll be fun seeing Blade fight vamps and monsters n ish with a big ass budget a

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
As much as I like Ali, that was a bad choice. Bring back Wesley. He still got it.

It ain't about whether he still got it.

It's about how do you bring back Wesley without retroactively making his movies cannon to the MCU, that's too messy.

MCU is going to want a fresh take on the character, as long as they do Wesley justice and pay homage, he doesn't actually have to be Blade.

Last edited:

REAL6

All Star
Daps
It ain't about whether he still got it.

It's about how do you bring back Wesley without either retroactively making his movies cannon to the MCU, that's too messy.

MCU is going to want a fresh take on the character, as long as they do Wesley justice and pay homage, he doesn't actually have to be Blade.

Or they can make him Brother Voodoo.